Aschenbecher

Interview, Visa approved !

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ok this was kinda weird.

I took a taxi from my hotel in Andheri East to Consulate at 6:30am, it was 7am when i reached

there. there was a huge line outside, but they were all non-immigrants so i was let in . there

were already 20 people inside. so i got a number and sat down , after waiting 30 mins my number

and name was called.

i went to first window with a Indian guy who asked me for my passport and birth certificate?

i handed him my passport and birth cert. (my birthcert didnt have my name as is very common in

India) So he asked me where my affidavit is.

I asked him "what affidavit ?" to which he replied "affidavit to support your incomplete birth

certificate"

I told him "i submitted my school certificate to NVC as a secondary evidence as told by US

Consulate Mumbai website"

The Indian guy told me that i still need to get a affidavit from a person who was present

during my birth and he started preparing a Form 221g. He told me the Consular officer will

probably issue a visa only after i submitted the affidavit.

Then the Indian guy told me my passport has a peeling on the edge, i will have to get that

replaced too.

I figured there is no point in arguing with the Dummy.

He returned the rest of the documents submitted to NVC.

Then he told me to wait to be called again.

I sat down and waited for about an hour.

I saw one lady get rejected by American Consular officer in window 10. She argued with the

officer for a min. I was kinda scared and hoping i didn't get that guy. Guess what ?

I got that very window.

Well i walked up.

There was a male American Officer in his mid 50's.

He asked me to raise my right hand and take oath.

then he asked me :

1. Who is (my name) ?

A: I thought this was strange question , but i replied and said "thats me" with a surprised

look.

2. Then he looked at the birth certificate and told me that i'll have to get a secondary

evidence as my name is not mentioned on it.

A: I pointed out to him that as per instructions on US Consulate website i can submit my school

certificate as secondary evidence and handed it over to him.

He looked at it and the Indian guy brought the form 221g and handed it over to him.

He told the Indian guy this school cert is good enough.

I was happy.

Then the officer continued to asked me :

3. How did you meet your wife ?

4. How do you feel about the 13 years age difference.

5. Who made the arrangements ?

A: What arrangements ? for marriage ? i did. I paid for the reception.

6. So your parents weren't involved ?

A: No ! We wanted to do our wedding our way, we didn't wanna get bogged down by unnecessary Indian traditions.

7. Has your wife ever met your parents ?

A: Yes , she stayed with us.

Then the officer got up and walked away for 2 mins.

He came back and asked :

8: So what does your wife do?

9: What would you do in US ?

10. Do you have any pictures of you and your wife together.

I showed him a album from our reception and our wedding at the registrar office.

he then walked away for few mins then came back ,

before he could say anything i informed him I had another album of our recent trip and i stuck it in the slot. To this he said replied "I don't need to see any more pictures" but he picked up and looked at the album anyway and commented "Very nice"

He then asked me to hand over my passport , I did and i tried to tell him i have last 2.5 years of our proof of relationship in form of emails,phone bills and skype statements.

But he then just showed me a thumbs up and tore up the form 221g. Then he took my passport and walked away.

I was a bit confused so i stood there.

he came back a few mins later and i asked him if i should leave ?

He then told me "You wanna sit there and look at me ?"

Both he and i laughed and then i told him I dont know how it works.

He told me ill get my visa and passport in 3 days.

I wished him good day and left.

I was out by 10 am.

I reached my hotel by 10:30 am and had sparkling whine with my wife over skype the whole day.

Overall exp : The Indian officers are kinda silly. American ones are good. Everything else good.

5/1/2022 - Filed I-130 For Mom

5/1/2022 - NOA1

z50cde2dbe0c0c.gif

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from the Embassy/Consulate forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Hello! All

The US Ambassy Consulate in Montreal just approved visa for my wife yesterday (12-21-2012). They told us to wait for passport and visa send to my wife hometown, but they didnt give us any approval paper( accept a paper of how to track visa arrive). Is it nornal? I wonder, how long it take until her visa arrive? Are there any else paper that she needs to enter US custom?

Thank you for your reply

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank u so much for the update of ur review friend!!!

Could u please suggest a hotel near embassy in Mumbai for three members..which is cheapest?

In which hotel do u stayed?

Thanks in advance....

Edited by sonineni

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Filed: Timeline

Thank u so much for the update of ur review friend!!!

Could u please suggest a hotel near embassy in Mumbai for three members..which is cheapest?

In which hotel do u stayed?

Thanks in advance....

Hi! You mean "hotel near by embassy in MONTREAL", is it right? There are many motels and hotels near by US ambassy. I checked many places near by Us ambassy before i got there, cheapest motel i found (40$), and cheapest hotel which i stayed ( gourvenour hotel 58$ / night, is 1 km to Us embassy, 1 km to medical exam). I like it here because small mall locate in the hotel, many places near by for food. I paid 7 bulks for taxi to Us ambassy. I think travel with family, stay in hotel is safer then motel. Good luck to you, hope you can find good place and good rate to stay. Oh! Remember, please check with the hotel/ motel before you need to use anything. They charged me 1$ each time i made local call. I booked my hotel with hotels.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry Kevin....I want a hotel near by embassy in MUMBAI!

Any way thanks for the reply ....it would help other vj members....

Hi! You mean "hotel near by embassy in MONTREAL", is it right? There are many motels and hotels near by US ambassy. I checked many places near by Us ambassy before i got there, cheapest motel i found (40$), and cheapest hotel which i stayed ( gourvenour hotel 58$ / night, is 1 km to Us embassy, 1 km to medical exam). I like it here because small mall locate in the hotel, many places near by for food. I paid 7 bulks for taxi to Us ambassy. I think travel with family, stay in hotel is safer then motel. Good luck to you, hope you can find good place and good rate to stay. Oh! Remember, please check with the hotel/ motel before you need to use anything. They charged me 1$ each time i made local call. I booked my hotel with hotels.com

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.