Janelle2002

December i-130 Approvals Waiting for NVC

440 posts in this topic

Hello!

My parents petition got approved on Dec.20th, after a month called NVC for follow up, said to email them the NOA2, called 3 days later and said they just received it and is not in the system yet, called today and lady asked if I want to add an email address so I said yes, now, this means the file is in the system? How long does it usually take before we will have a case number? And what else do we need to do? Call them? Would that speed up? Also, does the petitioner need to submit original birth cert? Thanks!

Edited by ahpeste

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

My parents petition got approved on Dec.20th, after a month called NVC for follow up, said to email them the NOA2, called 3 days later and said they just received it and is not in the system yet, called today and lady asked if I want to add an email address so I said yes, now, this means the file is in the system? How long does it usually take before we will have a case number? And what else do we need to do? Call them? Would that speed up? Also, does the petitioner need to submit original birth cert? Thanks!

It takes an average of 15-20 business days from the date NVC receives the case till it is assigned a case # and IIN.

See my timeline below:

Dad:

Dec. 10 - NVC received the petition

Dec. 31 - assigned case # and IIN ( took 14 business days)

Mom:

Dec. 27 - NVC received the petition

Jan. 14 - assigned case # and IIN ( took 11 business days)

No, calling them won't speed up the process.

Yes, the petitioner must send original/certified true copy of NSO birth certificate. You need to send your parents (applicants) original NSO birth certificates too.

Refer to the link: http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

Petitioner Documents

Who needs to submit petitioner documents?

If you are applying for an IR5 (Parent of a U.S. Citizen) visa, you are required to provide:

• Original or certified copy of your Petitioner's birth certificate
  • Original or certified copy of your Petitioner's marriage certificate from the Petitioner's current and all previous marriages.

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

good to see things are moving in NVC.

When did you send DS-3032 by email/postal ?

I have sent DS-3032 by email and post on Jan 23rd 2013. So just need to find out when I will get IV invoice ?

Thanks,

Received IV Bills too. Had just made payments & will send IV packets tomorrow.

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-130 Sent : 2012-09-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2012-11-30

NVC Received : 2013-01-07

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-01-24

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-01-24

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-01-24

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-01-28

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-01-23

Receive IV Bill : 2013-02-04

Pay IV Bill : 2013-02-04

IV Package (all documents) sent Feb 7th 2013.

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-02-21 (Called NVC and Customer Service rep mention case is closed and all documents are good)

NVC email for Checklist (PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE) - Feb 22nd 2013 ( I called NVC and NVC mention that Carry document during Interview)

Email Received for Case Closed from NVC : Feb 28th 2013

Interview Date : Aril 1st 2013

Visa Approved

Collected Passport : April 4th 2013

Paid $165 : April 4th 2013

Timeline

I have sent DS-3032 by email and post on Jan 23rd 2013. So just need to find out when I will get IV invoice ?

Thanks,

I sent the DS-3032 by emails last Jan 14th. NVC accepted them on Jan 29th. Took about 10 business days.

I received the IV invoiced on Jan 30th, the next day.

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello!

since she asked if you wanted to add emails, it meanss ur case is in the system and they already have your case numbers. some operators wnt offer to give it to you on their own unless you request for those numbers. If you like, you could call them back and ask for the numbers. that way you can prepare your DS 3032 template ready to be emailed to them.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks,

hopefully by next wednesday, you should receive an email acceptance of your Ds 3032

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

that is weird. so is it just the AOS left or something else replaced that phrase?. check back in the day. hopefully it means you are about to be invoiced.

You were right, I was invoiced the next day. yes.gif

since she asked if you wanted to add emails, it meanss ur case is in the system and they already have your case numbers. some operators wnt offer to give it to you on their own unless you request for those numbers. If you like, you could call them back and ask for the numbers. that way you can prepare your DS 3032 template ready to be emailed to them.

Let-it-be, thank u so much.

And Ndu, I called today and was able to obtain the case numbers... What should I do now? How can I ready the template? Thanks!

Timeline

Let-it-be, thank u so much.

And Ndu, I called today and was able to obtain the case numbers... What should I do now? How can I ready the template? Thanks!

This is the link for the template: http://www.visajourn...il_DS-3032_form

What I did while I waited for my case number, aos & IV etc. I made drafts of the following:

1. DS-3032

2. I-864 Cover letter - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/I-864_Cover_letter

3. DS-230 Cover letter - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/DS-230_Cover_Letter

So when it was time to send off my packets, I just filled in the blanks. Make sure you edit the NVC address coz in DS-230 cover letter sample there were few minor mistakes.

Edited by let-it-be

This is the link for the template: http://www.visajourn...il_DS-3032_form

What I did while I waited for my case number, aos & IV etc. I made drafts of the following:

1. DS-3032

2. I-864 Cover letter - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/I-864_Cover_letter

3. DS-230 Cover letter - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/DS-230_Cover_Letter

So when it was time to send off my packets, I just filled in the blanks. Make sure you edit the NVC address coz in DS-230 cover letter sample there were few minor mistakes.

Wow, so I can email them those info now...even if they didnt ask for it yet? Then whats gonna happen next or what should I do next? This speeds up the process, right?

Thank u soooo much.

Timeline

Wow, so I can email them those info now...even if they didnt ask for it yet? Then whats gonna happen next or what should I do next? This speeds up the process, right?

Thank u soooo much.

No, you don't email those. Those are cover letters (Table of Contents) of your AOS & IV packets. You can only send those packets once NVC notifies you & sends you AOS & IV invoice bills emails. You pay the fees online in the payment portal.

What I meant by making those drafts ahead of time, is that, I typed & leave the date & case number sections blank & SAVED them on Microsoft Word. I then edited /filled in the missing info once I have the case numbers etc.

I'm sorry I confused you.

Edited by let-it-be

No, you don't email those. Those are cover letters (Table of Contents) of your AOS & IV packets. You can only send those packets once NVC notifies you & sends you AOS & IV invoice bills emails. You pay the fees online in the payment portal.

What I meant by making those drafts ahead of time, is that, I typed & leave the date & case number sections blank & SAVED them on Microsoft Word. I then edited /filled in the missing info once I have the case numbers etc.

I'm sorry I confused you.

I understand that part. What I meant is the template...even though I havent gotten any instuctions yet..I will eamil them those info?

Timeline

I understand that part. What I meant is the template...even though I havent gotten any instuctions yet..I will eamil them those info?

Oh, okay yes.gif.

I sent the DS-3032 by email the same day I received my IIN invoiced bill.

Oh, okay yes.gif.

I sent the DS-3032 by email the same day I received my IIN invoiced bill.

What is IIN invoiced bill? Do u think, I should send them the template thing? I dont have any instructions from them yet... Im just trying to do what everybody says hahahaa. They said, it was just yesterday that my case was entered into the system.... hey! thank u soooo much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.