9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello, i am very confused.... I received a RFE on July, 30,2012 for a copy of my fiance passport I sent it in the next day. I never received a reply to this RFE and did not even know i was supposed to get one until someone on here told me. So i called uscis today and they were concerned because my case did not even show that a RFE was sent to me much less any indication that vsc received my evidence. The officer i talked to sent in a service request to vsc and said I should hear back in 2 weeks. I am getting really stressed out because we are now at 6 months waiting on NOA2 and have heard nothing is this common or do i have a right to be freaking out im almost in tears :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, i am very confused.... I received a RFE on July, 30,2012 for a copy of my fiance passport I sent it in the next day. I never received a reply to this RFE and did not even know i was supposed to get one until someone on here told me. So i called uscis today and they were concerned because my case did not even show that a RFE was sent to me much less any indication that vsc received my evidence. The officer i talked to sent in a service request to vsc and said I should hear back in 2 weeks. I am getting really stressed out because we are now at 6 months waiting on NOA2 and have heard nothing is this common or do i have a right to be freaking out im almost in tears :help:

do we have to send a copy of fiance passport??? i didn't send out my fiance's copy of passport

This is NOT a requirement...

Make sure you've kept your paperwork and copies and hopefully registered/certified mail I what you sent.

The service request will straighten it out.

Best of luck - many I us, including me, are nearing the 6 month date. I received notification that my NOA1 was received July 2, 2012 and haven't heard anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks, I just received an email from uscis stating that they mailed me a request for evidence 12/13/2012 which will be the second request. I don't know if this has something to do with me calling today about not getting a reply to the evidence i sent in july, or if they need more evidence. I am just happy to see something other than initial review when I check the uscis website :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks, I just received an email from uscis stating that they mailed me a request for evidence 12/13/2012 which will be the second request. I don't know if this has something to do with me calling today about not getting a reply to the evidence i sent in july, or if they need more evidence. I am just happy to see something other than initial review when I check the uscis website :dance:

That's good then! At least you can see some progression!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

glad that you were able to sort some issues :thumbs:

Please make sure that you send the further requested evidence in time (60 or 90 days) and that you receive a confirmation of the documents you send. That can take a few days. The good thing is as soon as VSC received the evidence you should get your NOA2 in a couple weeks.

Don't wait the 60 days!!

Good luck with the process ;)

Edited by Patian

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hopefully things will speed up now. After I responded to an RFE, I got approval quickly. Check my signiture.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.