vawa111

VAWA Fee waiver- Fee waiver and missrepresentation

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am about to file for vawa and also for fee waiver. I am making 17 000 a year as a server and I save all the time. I have saving account on 50 000,00 that is ment to be for my studies after/if I get a citizenship. I never spent those money. Now I have to file for the fee waiver,which I really need. I am living on a 385 rent plus basic food. Should I not mention those money. Is there any conequences?? Maybe I should withdraw the money before filing for the fee waiver. Is USCIS contacting the bank or is it possible that they have easy acces to all my bank money.

Thank you

Hi,

I am about to file for vawa and also for fee waiver. I am making 17 000 a year as a server and I save all the time. I have saving account on 50 000,00 that is ment to be for my studies after/if I get a citizenship. I never spent those money. Now I have to file for the fee waiver,which I really need. I am living on a 385 rent plus basic food. Should I not mention those money. Is there any conequences?? Maybe I should withdraw the money before filing for the fee waiver. Is USCIS contacting the bank or is it possible that they have easy acces to all my bank money.

Thank you

If you have $50,000 in the bank why should you be able to get a fee waiver? Use your own money like everybody else.

Filed: Timeline

I have a question uder this question, since you have already gone through this fee waiver. I am also about to apply for Vawa and intend to apply for fee waiver. My problem is that I do not make a lot of mone now. I do make 1400 a month which is enough for my expenses. I do have a lot of savings tho. I live on basics and I do not spent my savings so I think that I do need fee waiver. Can I just not mention my savings, is USCIS willing to check my bank acoounts. What is the procedure. I do not want to be caught lying and then be denied for my VAWA. Any thoughts pls???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Please see the guidelines for the fee waiver:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=6fbad59ae8a8e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The waiver form ask to list your income and also all your assets. You cannot just omit your saving to qualify for the waiver. No one here will tell you otherwise.

I have a question uder this question, since you have already gone through this fee waiver. I am also about to apply for Vawa and intend to apply for fee waiver. My problem is that I do not make a lot of mone now. I do make 1400 a month which is enough for my expenses. I do have a lot of savings tho. I live on basics and I do not spent my savings so I think that I do need fee waiver. Can I just not mention my savings, is USCIS willing to check my bank acoounts. What is the procedure. I do not want to be caught lying and then be denied for my VAWA. Any thoughts pls???

If you don't want to be caught lying, the best advice I can give is to not lie. It's not worth it. I would just mention the savings, and if they deny it, then unfortunately just pay it out of your savings, and work hard to put that money back into your savings.

AOS Journey

Day 0 - 07/10/2012 - AOS package (I-130,I-485, I-175) mailed to Chicago with FedEx.

Day 1 - 07/11/2012 - Confirmation from FedEx that package arrived and was signed for.

Day 3 - 07/13/2012 - Text confirmation from USCIS of receipt.

Day 4 - 07/14/2012 - Online banking shows that cheques were cashed.

Day 9 - 07/19/2012 - Received 3 out of 3 NOA letters in the post.

Day 11 - 07/21/2012 - Received biometrics appointment letter, appointed set for 08/07/2012.

Day 16 - 07/26/2012 - Completed biometrics walk in.

Day 56 - 09/04/2012 - Received text notification to state that my EAD has been ordered into production.

Day 59 - 09/07/2012 - Received 2nd text notification to state that my EAD has been ordered into production.

Day 62 - 09/10/2012 - Text notification that EAD has been mailed.

Day 64 - 09/12/2012 - EAD received in the mail.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

They won't approve your waiver since you have enough money to pay the fees. The waiver is just approved if the individual is able to prove she/he cannot afford to pay the USCIS fees, and have zero or almost zero savings/assets, it's not your case. Keep in mind Vawa Unit is not deporting now individuals with a Vawa case denied, but if your Vawa is denied and you have a pending AOS then they will start with removal proceedings.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** One post by OP made in 2 year old topic by other member split and merged with this one. Please do not ask your question in another member's thread, or more than once ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.