shessa

Updated police cert asked for- what now?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Guys i had my interview 3days agao was free and fear i thank lord for tht , but i was giving a yellow slip saying( if i may like an officer to consider my case further pl's submitt the following documents (1) police certificate from my country of origin) was writing in pen hand writing nd all my documents was hold back ,, realy the police certificate from my country was not updated coz i think i left tht country with good conduct all i need was good conduct from the present country tht am residing guys wht do u think is happing ? nd which steps i should take?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You were mistaken good conduct has nothing to do with, you must give them police report regardless of your conduct. Is there a reason you cant just submit a police report now that they asking

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the answer to your inquiry:

POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided at least one year. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable. The consular office will advise you about any particular country.

Refer here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/kenya/231771/Public/Visa%20Instructions.pdf

Edited by apple21

Timeline

wht am now asking if i produce legal police certificate requested will i be good to go with now ?

Timeline

You were mistaken good conduct has nothing to do with, you must give them police report regardless of your conduct. Is there a reason you cant just submit a police report now that they asking

will it be good with me if i submmit it bey nex week?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wht am now asking if i produce legal police certificate requested will i be good to go with now ?

Submit the Police Certificates as soon as possible. The Embassy will review your case after you submit the lacking documents. There's no specific time frame for Administrative Processing. It could take days, weeks or months. The sooner you act on it, the better.

Timeline

Sorry you didn't get a straight up approval. In terms of photos, you might want to ask family and friends, who may have taken photos at parties...

hello immaging i end my interview yesterday by yellow slip stated ( if u want an officer to consider yr case further submmiet the following documents) ( update police certificate from yr country of origin) realy i thought cz i l;eft the country ever with good record of cert. so i only need the present status to be valid. luckily i tried to get it today if i mail it by Morrow will it be considered best for me?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Topic split from another member's post- please ask questions about your case in your own topic, so as not to confuse issues and get the best answers for you. ****

Usually you are getting 30 days or more to submit the extra evidence, so there is no hurry. If the updated police cert is the only thing they asked for, things are looking good.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hi Shessa,

What questions were you asked at the interview?Please if you don't mind.Iam going through Nairobi in January

Questions ---

who petition for u ?

where nd when did we met

hw did we communicate?

who are her parents?

do i pictures of engagement?

where does she work nd how long has she work there?

when did she naturalize?

After he went through emails quikly he responded i can see yr pix i belive this relationship is convincing, But my only problem is tht yr police certicate from country of origin is outdated i need the updated one then he gave me a yellow slip stated ( if u want an officer to proceed yr case further i need to produce the following doc's POLICE CERT.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Questions ---

who petition for u ?

where nd when did we met

hw did we communicate?

who are her parents?

do i pictures of engagement?

where does she work nd how long has she work there?

when did she naturalize?

After he went through emails quikly he responded i can see yr pix i belive this relationship is convincing, But my only problem is tht yr police certicate from country of origin is outdated i need the updated one then he gave me a yellow slip stated ( if u want an officer to proceed yr case further i need to produce the following doc's POLICE CERT.

Thanks for sharing,Good luck with the rest of the journey....

Timeline

Guys i thank God tht i hv receive my police certificate frm the C I D HQ in my country nd hv successfully mailed it to the Embassy on Friday nd hv confirm received. i asked all my journey members to keep prayers for me so my case will be soon reviewed nd Approved ............... stay peace

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wish you well and all the best. I plan on getting my Police Certificate right now rather than wait till my interview. In Kenya it takes a month just to get one. Best of luck :thumbs:

qS2up3.png

HZf6m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.