nufcfc

Visiting the USA while I-129F is pending

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, my name is Stephen and I live in England. Me and my fiance sent off our I-129F petition in July and have had no answer yet. I want to travel to the USA for the new year holidays but not sure if I'm allowed to while there is a pending case. Does anyone know anything about this that could help me?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi, my name is Stephen and I live in England. Me and my fiance sent off our I-129F petition in July and have had no answer yet. I want to travel to the USA for the new year holidays but not sure if I'm allowed to while there is a pending case. Does anyone know anything about this that could help me?

Thanks.

If you can show strong ties to your homeland, such as a steady job and real estate, you should be OK to come and visit.

check out this thread, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/ (stickied on top) its all about visiting while the k-1 is pending :) good luck!

11/01/12 - I-129F sent
11/14/12 - NOA1 (email/text)
11/19/12 - NOA1 (paper)
05/17/13 - NOA2 (email/text)
05/22/13 - NOA2 (paper)
05/29/13 - Case forwarded to NVC
06/04/13 - Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
06/06/13 - Medical
06/12/13 - Packet 3 received
06/13/13 - Packet 3 sent
06/25/13 - Packet 4 received
07/19/13 - Interview
07/26/13 - Visa received
08/09/13 - POE (IAD)
08/31/13 - Wedding heart.gif
10/03/13 - I-485 & I-765 sent
10/10/13 - NOA1 (email/text)
10/15/13 - NOA1 (paper)
11/12/13 - I-485 & I-765 Biometrics

12/03/13 - EAD approval

12/10/13 - EAD received

02/22/14 - Green Card approval
03/01/14 - Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You are absolutely allowed to, and many people (myself included) have done so, on both the K-1 and the CR-1. Just bring enough evidence you're not going to stay and enjoy yourself.

There's that smell again...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are totally allowed to apply for a Visitor Visa as long as you show ties to homeland ( bank account, property..)

it takes about 12days to get an appointment so you better start collecting your papers now :)

Timeline

Thanks everyone I really appreciate you all replying to me. I think I'll just go ahead and book a flight and take as much evidence as I can. I'll make sure to land in Minneapolis to clear customs because every time I've landed there, they let me through with no problems. The three times I've landed in Detroit I've been taken in to passport control, asked further questions an searched. So think how bad Detroit would be if I tell them I'm planning on moving to the USA.

You are totally allowed to apply for a Visitor Visa as long as you show ties to homeland ( bank account, property..)

it takes about 12days to get an appointment so you better start collecting your papers now :)

He doesn't need a visitor visa if he's from a VWP program country, just the ESTA

Thanks everyone I really appreciate you all replying to me. I think I'll just go ahead and book a flight and take as much evidence as I can. I'll make sure to land in Minneapolis to clear customs because every time I've landed there, they let me through with no problems. The three times I've landed in Detroit I've been taken in to passport control, asked further questions an searched. So think how bad Detroit would be if I tell them I'm planning on moving to the USA.

You'll be fine. Bring evidence in case they ask for it, but you probably won't need it. Don't volunteer any information unless they ask. I visited while my I-129f was pending, as have many others, I brought what evidence I had (basically all I had was the NOA1), they didn't ask to see it, they asked me what I was doing in the US (visiting my fiance) and how long I was staying (6 weeks), no problem whatsoever.

Timeline

Well I dont have the NOA1, thats at my fiance's house. Also I dont have any property. I live with my family still. But I can take pay slips, bank statements and a letter from my work saying when they expect to have me back. If a person was to get sent home, does that affect the case? Thanks for everyones replies.

Well I dont have the NOA1, thats at my fiance's house. Also I dont have any property. I live with my family still. But I can take pay slips, bank statements and a letter from my work saying when they expect to have me back. If a person was to get sent home, does that affect the case? Thanks for everyones replies.

If you can get a copy of it that would be fine, along with your letter from work etc. But honestly they are very unlikely to even look at it. Most important is a return ticket - they will probably ask to see that, and to know the address where you are staying.

Hey Stephan,

I'm right from across the channel from you (Holland) and I've visited my fiancee a total of 3 times and will be visiting my fiancee for the 4th time next week. Never actually have I had any problems with the Immigration officers. All they ask we´re simple questions like:

Why are you visiting the U.S.?

Who is your fiancee?

How long are you staying?

Do you work at home?

Every time I've brought numerous documents with me (paystubs, work contract, bank information) and not even a single time I had to show them.

The last time was probably the easiest border crossing ever, just one question was asked:

- How long are you planning on staying again sir?

I was out of immigration within 2 minutes after the immigration officer checked my passport!

Just stay calm, be prepared with documentation (it eased my mind to have proof with me to back up my story) and enjoy your trip!

Jenna and me

[03/07/2009] Met while drinking in a random bar in Dublin, Ireland

[11/13/2009] My first trip to the U.S.

[11/18/2009] Officially together

[14/12/2011] Got engaged on top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France

[03/27/2012] Sent in I-129F

[03/30/2012] NOA1 from CSC

[08/06/2012] NOA2 from CSC, APPROVED

A total of 13 trips has been made (8 to the U.S. and 5 to Europe).

Thanks.

See, it depends on the beneficiary's country embassy either they allow him/her or not, my country did not allow me to visit my fiancee.

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

Thanks.

Hi Stephen, i am also from London and sent the I-129F off in August. I visited my Fiance last week for Thanksgiving, I had a letter with me from my employer but didnt need it in the end. They have asked me how I have met my fiance and how long we've been together. he has also asked how far we are in the visa process and how much money i was bringing with me. I dont think you will have any issues, just be honest!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.