nufcfc

Visiting the USA while I-129F is pending

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for everyones reply. Its giving me a lot of confidence about going over and I'm going to book my flight tonight. Ps. I'm from Newcastle not London. Haha.

Filed: Timeline

You'll be fine. Bring evidence in case they ask for it, but you probably won't need it. Don't volunteer any information unless they ask. I visited while my I-129f was pending, as have many others, I brought what evidence I had (basically all I had was the NOA1), they didn't ask to see it, they asked me what I was doing in the US (visiting my fiance) and how long I was staying (6 weeks), no problem whatsoever.

Very good infogood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Timeline

My Fiance just visited from NI for thanksgiving and had no issues , they asked him the ushual , why are you traveling hear and he said to visit my Fiance for Thanksgiving and they didnt ask anything after that. It all depends on who you get ... He did however have his letter from employer stating when he was due back to work and such, just incase, but never had to use it . I would make sure you have that just incase. Now my dads wife from canada however got stopped trying to come back in and they would not allow her entry . Reason being she didnt have a round trip ticket nor could she show any ties to Canada... So based on that they wouldnt allow her entry as it looked as if she was trying to immagrate which in reality she was. They have just gotten their NOA2 so it wont be much longer till she comes back :)

Edited by BKelly

Timeline

All your information and advice were great. I booked my flight just before. So bring on December 29! I appreciate every comment! They have helped me to relax.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just to let people know I got through the USA boarder in Minneapolis very easy. I told the officer I had applied for the K-1 visa, he asked a few questions about it then let me through. He didnt even ask to see return flight details or anything. I'm still in the USA right now and as planned I will be leaving on the 21st. Hopefully will hear about our I-129F file before I leave. Its been nearly 6 months now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.