atl99

AOS applied in march still in the initial review!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we had filed for the AOS on march 23.we had the biometrics done in april.the status still says initial review.we are concerned,is anybody else facing the same issue!!!

We also filed the AOS in March. We just got the approval yesterday. So Yours will be processed soon. Just be a little patient.

7/31/2004 sent I-129F package to Vermont

8/3/2004 NOA1

8/23/2004 ONLINE APPROVED!!!!

8/24/2004 VSC sent package to NVC

8/30/2004 NVC received package

10/5/2004 NVC told me case has been forwarded via email

10/26/2004 Received package 3

11/8/2004 sent back pk 3

Things went beyond expectations. K1 was granted in 2005, but relationship failed.

===============================

After 5 years....

2nd K1 began:

1/20/2011 Sent I-129F

1/24/2011 NOA1

6/13/2011 NOA2

11/9/2011 Interview Visa Approved!

3/9/2012 Marriage

3/20 Sent AOS package

11/14/2012 AOS approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

we had filed for the AOS on march 23.we had the biometrics done in april.the status still says initial review.we are concerned,is anybody else facing the same issue!!!

Did you already receive the EAD and AP? Was your case transferred to CSC? I have a friend that filed AOS in January and got approved just in October! So I guess yours will be approved in short time unless they require interview.

Usually USCIS update system is not very accurate.

Filed: Timeline

Did you already receive the EAD and AP? Was your case transferred to CSC? I have a friend that filed AOS in January and got approved just in October! So I guess yours will be approved in short time unless they require interview.

Usually USCIS update system is not very accurate.

back in march i had received a notification stating that my case has been transferred to CSC..

So looking at your friends case i shouldnt worry much!!

thanks for the info

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I filed in May still waiting at initial review. Also I was transferred to CSC in june or so, recived my EAD in July, have been working full time since August. Waiting time at CSC according to USCIS says 19 months, I get nervous too...seeing that, but it feels nice to hear that those charts aren't really accurate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ours was 10 months my buddy 4. dates are all over the map.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We also filed the AOS in March. We just got the approval yesterday. So Yours will be processed soon. Just be a little patient.

This is comforting.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

the 19 months most likely only includes the work based greencards that they process there.

I as well filed in march and am hopeful that my approval will be in my hands this month.

I hope the same..I have been calling the USCIS Customer Care but they dont have any information.the only thing they say is the case is out of normal processing time..I hope nothing goes wrong with my case we pretty much had filed in all the required docs.

I filed in May still waiting at initial review. Also I was transferred to CSC in june or so, recived my EAD in July, have been working full time since August. Waiting time at CSC according to USCIS says 19 months, I get nervous too...seeing that, but it feels nice to hear that those charts aren't really accurate.

the charts aren't accurate at all...for some(who had filed in march) have got their approvals wonder when we will hear from them!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.