jeffnmerry

will I be denied......

31 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new here. I knew my wife by phone 4 years before I visited her in Indonesia from Texas. My question is will I be automatically denied because I married her on my first visit after being there 2 weeks? I could only stay in Indonesia for 30 days. I have chronic back pain and made it hard to be in the plane 35 hours? Please help. Thank you. JeffnMerry

If you could provide your records of communication with her (phone, chat, sms, etc..) during that years with some pictures and wedding ceremony, it should be ok.

02/09/2010 - Married
05/02/2012 - I-130 sent for my wife and kids
05/09/2012 - NOA1 hard copy received
10/18/2012 - Became a USC and called USCIS to upgrade cases to IR-1/CR-1
10/22/2012 - Got the notice of case upgrade to IR-1
01/29/2013 - NOA2 email

NVC:
02/04/2013: NVC Received
02/22/2013: BOG number/IIN
02/22/2013: Choice of Agent email sent
02/26/2013: AOS bill invoiced
02/26/2013: AOS bill paid
03/06/2013: AOS bill shows PAID
03/07/2013: Choice of Agent email accepted
03/07/2013: IV bill invoiced
03/13/2013: IV bill paid
03/23/2013: IV bill shows PAID
04/01/2013: AOS package sent
04/01/2013: IV package sent
04/17/2013: RFE for AOS package, requested form I-864W
04/18/2013: Sent RFE back to NVC
05/02/2013: Case complete
05/13/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy/Consulate:
05/21/2012: Embassy received
06/05/2013: Medical
06/26/2013: Interview
06/27/2013: Visa in hand
07/03/2013: POE WAS, VA

08/07/2013: Permanent residence card arrived

hallo :) i'm also from Indonesia, as far as i know, US Embassy Jakarta Never denied Spouse Visa.but the consulate often give Administrative Processing but they will give you the visa eventually.. As long as you have a strong proof of bonafide of Marriage like Photos with family and friends, chat logs, your travel receipt etc you will be okay..one of my friends got married when her spouse visited her for the 1st time and she got her visa now ..if you only visit her one time .. your wife probably has to explain why you only visited 1 time only on her interview, but it's better if you visit her again :) if you still can't go maybe you should ask your doctor to give you a letter stating about your medical condition and give it to your wife so she can explain to the consular about what happen to you :)

Good Luck :thumbs:

Edited by Jason and Shifa

qHpljff.jpgqHplp7.png

USCIS

* March 2nd 2012 --> I-130 sent

* March 5th 2012 --> I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

* March 7th 2012 --> Got NOA1 by SMS (Vermont Service Center)

* March 14th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of I-797C in the airmail

* June 29th 2012 --> NOA2 (114days)

* July 5th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

* July 2nd 2012 --> NVC Received

* July 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Number and IIN received by e-mail

* July 24th 2012 --> E-mailed the DS 3032

* July 24th 2012 --> AOS Bill Paid

* July 26th 2012 --> AOS Bill Shows PAID

* July 28th 2012 --> AOS Package Sent

* August 2nd 2012 --> DS-3032 accepted

* August 3rd 2012 --> IV bill invoiced & PAID

* August 7th 2012 --> IV Bill Shows PAID

* August 17th 2012 --> IV Package Sent

* August 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Complete

* September 15th 2012 --> Interview Date Assigned

US EMBASSY JAKARTA

* October 16th 2012 --> INTERVIEW (Approved)

* October 19th 2012 --> Visa in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

all that stuff mentioned above, it's BEST to get it into the casefile, the I-130, on I-130 submittal into USCIS.

Not do that? you have another chance at NVC with the DS-230.

Bringing it on interview day is hit or miss, the Consular Officer is busy , cannot make time to review the 10 inches of evidence you not submit prior.

Submit it prior to interview day, USCIS or NVC? The Consular Officer SEES it before interview day, as the entire casefile that's been gathered up at USCIS and NVC is in their office for a few weeks prior to interview day.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

all that stuff mentioned above, it's BEST to get it into the casefile, the I-130, on I-130 submittal into USCIS.

Not do that? you have another chance at NVC with the DS-230.

Bringing it on interview day is hit or miss, the Consular Officer is busy , cannot make time to review the 10 inches of evidence you not submit prior.

Submit it prior to interview day, USCIS or NVC? The Consular Officer SEES it before interview day, as the entire casefile that's been gathered up at USCIS and NVC is in their office for a few weeks prior to interview day.

Good Luck !

they should write this in the guides/wiki. I never think about sending all the evidence upfront. I figure at the interview you can fetch all the evidence but you have a great point. I think what you just wrote should be placed into the guides so ppl understand importance of sending evidence from the start. Wish I knew this to begin with....

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

they should write this in the guides/wiki. I never think about sending all the evidence upfront. I figure at the interview you can fetch all the evidence but you have a great point. I think what you just wrote should be placed into the guides so ppl understand importance of sending evidence from the start. Wish I knew this to begin with....

It says right in the guide that you have to submit evidence of a bonafide marriage

15. Evidence of a bonafide marriage (see note below for what to include)

Note: Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage

The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:

1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or

4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

oldlady.gif

It says right in the guide that you have to submit evidence of a bonafide marriage

Thanks for all of the replies. What is a, NVC with the DS-230 ? And what is RFE ? I thought I would be able to bring my wife back after we got married until we went to the embassy in Jakarta from Bandung. The embassy told me my only option was to fill out the I-130 form. My wifes mother and father both died last year so I thought there might be a hardship type visa. What is the DS-230 ? thanks in advance.

Questions on my mind:

• Do you have years of chat/phone logs to back up your claim

• When did you get married

• Why hasn't she come to visit you

I just now called my landline phone company and they can get 3 months free and $2.50 for every other monthly bill back to April 2009 for $95.00 total cost. But I have used www onesuite.com for prepay long distance. I wil try to get records from them. We were married on April 14, 2012 in Bandung. I love the city and the people there. Merry has not come to visit because I did not think she could. I am here to leaarn if she can be here with me. I appreciate any help I can get. It took 5 months to get her paper work straightened out. Her name on her birth certificate was spelled wrong. Her passport name was spelled right. It is a long story but we have it right now and we are almost finished with her G325A form that she will send me. Then I will send the I-130 and the 2 G325 forms. I have been reading these forms before registering. Please advise me of what to do. thanks JeffnMerry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think its' great you're able to get the phone records and in my opinion, having married in april works towards your case as you didn't just get married and file right away. As long as you can show records (and maybe some personal emails as well?) Then you'll have a stronger case. I still think it would be good for her to come visit, though.

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hallo :) i'm also from Indonesia, as far as i know, US Embassy Jakarta Never denied Spouse Visa.but the consulate often give Administrative Processing but they will give you the visa eventually.. As long as you have a strong proof of bonafide of Marriage like Photos with family and friends, chat logs, your travel receipt etc you will be okay..one of my friends got married when her spouse visited her for the 1st time and she got her visa now ..if you only visit her one time .. your wife probably has to explain why you only visited 1 time only on her interview, but it's better if you visit her again :) if you still can't go maybe you should ask your doctor to give you a letter stating about your medical condition and give it to your wife so she can explain to the consular about what happen to you :)

Good Luck :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

I think its' great you're able to get the phone records and in my opinion, having married in april works towards your case as you didn't just get married and file right away. As long as you can show records (and maybe some personal emails as well?) Then you'll have a stronger case. I still think it would be good for her to come visit, though.................... My wife can not use a computer. I will teach her though. Is it possible for her to visit me now? I would be very happy if she can visit me here. Merry says she is not high tech is the reason she can not use a computer. And her family is afraid of her traveling here alone. Plane tickets are 1400 now and 1700 last month. If I had to go get her and take her back for a visit it will be expensive. She has only been to Singapore out of Indonesia. I was told it would be hard for her to get a US visa because she has not travel much. thanks JeffnMerry

Does anyone use Vonage for international phone long distance? I have read good and bad reviews. I have spent a fortune in long distance phone bills. Vonage advertizes 25.99 with tax it really is 33.00 for unlimited minutes (3000 minutes really). Plus I have to pay for my DSL internet service. I am sure people here are experts on international long distance costs. thanks Jeff n Merry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.