one...two...tree

Where Did the Debt Come From?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You mean to tell me that the deficit hawks are actually responsible for more than 85% of that debt?

Yes, but that excuse is getting old. I don't see Obama wanting to repeal Bush's tax cuts or Medicare Part GWB. He cut Medicare, true, but only to use the money for another massive entitlement program.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah good video. It sounds to me like jumping off the fiscal cliff will just put us back to where we were supposed to be anyway then. Who's with me? No parachutes!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Timeline
Yes, but that excuse is getting old. I don't see Obama wanting to repeal Bush's tax cuts or Medicare Part GWB. He cut Medicare, true, but only to use the money for another massive entitlement program.

Wrong. He cut Medicare to extend the life of Medicare.

Yeah good video. It sounds to me like jumping off the fiscal cliff will just put us back to where we were supposed to be anyway then. Who's with me? No parachutes!

It'll have to happen eventually. May as well be now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The tax cuts DID NOT cause 20% the deficit. Cutting your revenue does not cause debt UNLESS you SPEND beyond what your revenue source is.

The economy and spending are to blame. The US Government made more money than at any other time in its history in 2007! Not anytime before that. So the economy was at it's 'climax' in 2007 and even with those 'tax cuts' that everyone likes to blame for everything, the government made more money!

The economy is the little engine that could. The government needs a stable/strong economy to make money. Tax rates are irrelevant if the economy is strong.

If you have a job, and you take a pay cut, well then you should probably stop spending as much as you were before when you had a higher salary. The government works the same way. The idea we need to rack up all this debt to pay for bullshit is outright stupidity.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The tax cuts DID NOT cause 20% the deficit.

Paul, we know and are aware that you have math problems. It's okay. Would have been worth to pay attention in class but it's too late now. You'll be alright, though, as long as you stay in Texas. Among Republicans, math never matters.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Paul, we know and are aware that you have math problems. It's okay. Would have been worth to pay attention in class but it's too late now. You'll be alright, though, as long as you stay in Texas. Among Republicans, math never matters.

I'm sorry that's right. I forget to educate you on the fact that we send more money out than we take in. Not to mention our own state had to run a balanced budget by law. So that would mean we know our math pretty damn well.

So thanks for playing but you lose! As usual! Have a nice day!

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I'm sorry that's right. I forget to educate you on the fact that we send more money out than we take in. Not to mention our own state had to run a balanced budget by law. So that would mean we know our math pretty damn well.

Texas just like Florida runs a pretty balanced game with the feds. Neither would matter much. That balanced budget of your was made possible by the stimulus money you took from Obama for several years. Facts hurt but they're still the facts. Now go sleep - you're in way over your head.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

197080_10151528264028327_1496837905_n.jpg

Our bottom 80% need to pick it up

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It came from politicians. I used to support the FAIR TAX but since I am going to be changing my status in order not to have to pay income tax (the 47%) I will have to say we should stay with what we have.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

see video in OP

good video

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half but instead doubled (or tripled) it. He ran $1 trillion deficits his first 4 years and Trillion plus deficits for the next four years.

The debt has concerned me since the 1980s. The Dems held the House and Senate the first two years of Obama's first term and did nothing about it.

Obama is doing nothing about it other than (still) blaming Bush.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half but instead doubled (or tripled) it.

The election is over so you can stop lying now. The deficit was $1.2TN when Obama took office. While it is true that he did not cut deficit in half, he has certainly not doubled let alone tripled it.