^_^

"They smoked us"

245 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Multiple Romney sources buzzed about one number in particular: 15 percent. According to exit polls, that’s the share of African-Americans who voted in Ohio this year. In 2008, the black percentage of the electorate was 11 percent. In Virginia and Florida, exit polls showed the same share of African-Americans turned out as four years ago, something that GOP turnout models did not anticipate.

“We didn’t think they’d turn out more of their base vote than they did in 2008, but they smoked us,” said one Romney operative. “It’s unbelievable that that they turned out more from the African-American community than in 2008. Somehow they got ‘em to vote.”

African-Americans supported Obama nearly universally, but Obama still only won Ohio by 1.9 percent.

“We just didn’t see the enthusiasm with their base,” he added. “We had enthusiasm on our side. So we thought, ‘Yeah, we’re gonna win this.’ … We hit our numbers in rural areas. When Fox called it, we still thought we had a chance based on what we could figure was in and what was still out.”

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=5DFEA4D9-B969-4382-B8D9-3994D048F61D

When the Democrats stop hemmoraging white voters, and the Republicans start trying to reach everyone else that isn't white you wont have this problem.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

so the racists won the election... We all knew that.

The Democratic party, the party of the KKK, still to do this does everything it can to segregate society and make you look bad at the same time if you don't want segregation.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The Democratic party, the party of the KKK, still to do this does everything it can to segregate society and make you look bad at the same time if you don't want segregation.

:rofl:

The Republicans are to blame. They lost this election themselves. The economy is the number one issue for so many people, so Romney started off with the biggest advantage possible. And yet he still could not win because of how horrible a candidate he was and because his party is so out of touch with the majority of Americans. If the GOP does not change, they will not have a viable candidate in the next election either.

But sure, blame "the racists" if that makes you feel better.

Hey, why don't you poll the KKK right now, see which party they vote for. Better yet, google racist political party. There are racists on both sides, but the Republicans not only tolerate it more, they use it if it goes to their advantage. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/romneys-bad-birther-joke-no-ones-ever-asked-to-see-my-birth-certificate/2012/08/24/2a9e23ea-ee11-11e1-afd8-097e90f99d05_blog.html

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

The Repubs didn't offer amnesty to illegals and more free stuff.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The Repubs didn't offer amnesty to illegals and more free stuff.

Again, if that nonsense makes you feel better about the outcome on Tuesday, then by all means ... cling to that all you'd like.

The truth is that the party is outdated and losing its base. Its hardcore base is growing older while the younger generations are flocking to the other party for various reasons, including social issues. People say social issues don't matter, but the GOP's extreme views on them are actually making it harder for them to win a national election.

Until the GOP realizes that the country they want to lead is progressing and changing and become willing to change WITH it, rather than just stick their heads in the sand and hiope for the best ... then they'll have a damn hard time going forward.

Your argument is inaccurate, and I think deep down you know it's inaccurate. This should have been a fairly easy election for Republicans to win and they couldn't do it. The blame is on THEM. And they need to start looking at themselves instead of taking the easy way out and blaming whatever decisions Obama made that they don't agree with.

Again, if that nonsense makes you feel better about the outcome on Tuesday, then by all means ... cling to that all you'd like.

The truth is that the party is outdated and losing its base. Its hardcore base is growing older while the younger generations are flocking to the other party for various reasons, including social issues. People say social issues don't matter, but the GOP's extreme views on them are actually making it harder for them to win a national election.

Until the GOP realizes that the country they want to lead is progressing and changing and become willing to change WITH it, rather than just stick their heads in the sand and hiope for the best ... then they'll have a damn hard time going forward.

Your argument is inaccurate, and I think deep down you know it's inaccurate. This should have been a fairly easy election for Republicans to win and they couldn't do it. The blame is on THEM. And they need to start looking at themselves instead of taking the easy way out and blaming whatever decisions Obama made that they don't agree with.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/latino-groups-obama-owe-latinos-election-now-pass-194113601--election.html <----- do you want to explain that or did you even follow this election?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/latino-groups-obama-owe-latinos-election-now-pass-194113601--election.html <----- do you want to explain that or did you even follow this election?

Obama has always been more popular with minorities. Democrats USUALLY are, so this shouldn't be news to you.

Unfortunately, you want to keep posting your garbage without actually responding to anyone else. Until you start looking at this election factually instead of emotionally, it's pointless. You can quote a freaking Yahoo BLOG all you'd like, but that doesn't mean a thing to me. Take a look at the electoral college and look where Obama won and WHY he won it.

If the Republican party does not change their ways in the next four years, I'm willing to bet their next candidate won't be good enough either.

Thanks for linking that, though. The comments are so hilariously biased. I can always use a laugh. :)

Edited by Evylin

Obama has always been more popular with minorities. Democrats USUALLY are, so this shouldn't be news to you.

Unfortunately, you want to keep posting your garbage without actually responding to anyone else. Until you start looking at this election factually instead of emotionally, it's pointless. You can quote a freaking Yahoo BLOG all you'd like, but that doesn't mean a thing to me. Take a look at the electoral college and look where Obama won and WHY he won it.

If the Republican party does not change their ways in the next four years, I'm willing to bet their next candidate won't be good enough either.

Thanks for linking that, though. The comments are so hilariously biased. I can always use a laugh. :)

And why is that evylin? Why are the Democrats so popular with the minorities as in what do the minorities find so attractive about the Democrats ?

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

And why is that evylin? Why are the dems so popular with the minorities? What do the minorities find so attractive about the Democrats?

Because they believe with the Democrats, they'll actually be heard. A lot of people, minorities included, can't side with the Republican party because their stances are so extremely to the right. And that brings me back to my point - it won't happen for the GOP until they realize that the population of this country is changing as well as the attitudes of those who populate it.

If you can't see that, then I'm not sure what to tell you. It'll be a long four years for you. And if the Republicans remain the way they are today, it'll be a long time before a Republican occupies the White House again.

The ironic thing, Evylin, is that Republicans built their party in recent years on social issues, so I am not sure who says they don't matter (the same Republicans who started it?). For instance, the whole idea of "moral majority" is a conservative idea to get people who don't understand anything about politics to vote for a certain candidate based on some single issue that they do understand (but of course don't consider all ramifications thoroughly), like abortion.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Because they believe with the Democrats, they'll actually be heard. A lot of people, minorities included, can't side with the Republican party because their stances are so extremely to the right. And that brings me back to my point - it won't happen for the GOP until they realize that the population of this country is changing as well as the attitudes of those who populate it.

If you can't see that, then I'm not sure what to tell you. It'll be a long four years for you. And if the Republicans remain the way they are today, it'll be a long time before a Republican occupies the White House again.

Be heard? I don't think I understand. Do the Republicans support racist policies? What issues do the minorities have that the Republicans aren't listening to? What aren't the minorities getting these days that they feel they should have? As far as the population shift, well when you grant amnesty to millions of illegals yes I can see where the demographics might be changing. Especially when those illegals have families two or three times larger than what your typical WASP family might be. Some people give birth to as many children that they feel they can support including putting them through college, and others just keep having kids like a baby factor and then expect Federal grants (US tax payer $$$$$$) to pay for the one out of seven that might want to take the next step at higher education.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Be heard? I don't think I understand. Do the Republicans support racist policies? What issues to the minorities have that the Republicans aren't listening to? What aren't the minorities getting these days that they feel they should have? As far as the population shift, well when you grant amnesty to millions of illegals yes I can see where the demographics might be changing. Especially when those illegals have families two or three times larger than what your typical WASP family might be. Some people give birth to as many children that they feel they can support including putting them through college, and others just keep having kids and then expect Federal grants to pay for the one out of seven that might want to take the next step.

:blink: What did I say that even remotely implied that?

The Republican party seems incredibly set in their ways. Their extreme views have been the same views they've had for years. So why would minorities or the younger generation flock to them? What would be the point? We know where they stand on issues, and if we don't agree with those issues, we know they aren't changing, so ... why vote for them?

You cannot stand the fact that not everybody thinks in these ridiculous extremes like you do, and I have to say, I get a huge kick out of it. :)

Good luck with the next four years. I have a feeling it's gonna be rough for you to accept. Maybe the party you support will take a look at themselves and realize they have to change with their country. If not, well ... :lol: