mamichou

Letter of Intent

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello All

i have applied for K1 using a lawyer and my understanding is that he send the information without a letter of intent. I was never asked to write one nor my fiancee. I was wondering if this is going to be an issue. Should i address it to my lawyer? I was hoping he knows what is required and what is not not. that might be reason why he never asked for one. Please advise

thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello All

i have applied for K1 using a lawyer and my understanding is that he send the information without a letter of intent. I was never asked to write one nor my fiancee. I was wondering if this is going to be an issue. Should i address it to my lawyer? I was hoping he knows what is required and what is not not. that might be reason why he never asked for one. Please advise

thank you

Because.......he doesn't know what he is doing? Well...he does if he successfully took some of your money!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello All

i have applied for K1 using a lawyer and my understanding is that he send the information without a letter of intent. I was never asked to write one nor my fiancee. I was wondering if this is going to be an issue. It very likely could be an in issue, since it is a requirement, refer to the Form 129F instructions, page 2, 5B. Should i address it to my lawyer? I was hoping he knows what is required and what is not not. that might be reason why he never asked for one. Please advise Contact your lawyer and review the instructions to determine what else may have been omitted.

thank you

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I need an answer to wether this is a requirement or not ? some said in the past past that you cannot be denied because of the letter of intent missing in the first part of the process. It can still be submitted to the embassy at the time of interview

i have already got a lawyer before i discover into this site -- to late to regret am moving foward and hoping things goes fine

please advise

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You need a letter of intent, and personally you don't need an attorney.

Edited by bigdog

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, you can't cry over spilled milk and whats done is done. Yes, your Attorney made a mistake. What is a 129-F Petition. Its a promise to Marry within 90 days of the date of her/his arrival. You signed the 129-F Form in ink right. You signed the G-325A in Ink right. So now, your Approved NOA1 left Dallas and will go to a Service Center. There they will see Your check was cashed and go through the Forms. Then, they will notice a missing document that required your signature. Yes, the Letter of Intent and they will be that picky about it. It's required! Get a long broom stick and shove it up your Attorney's A--. I suspect you will get a RFE for this before your NOA2.

But, it's not the end of the world. just a delay. I suggest you fire your Attorney since it was mishandled but don't expect any money back.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

It's a required document to prove that you're both can legally marry.

Provide original statements from you and your Fiance(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent.

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's a required document to prove that you're both can legally marry.

Provide original statements from you and your Fiance(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent.

Good luck!

Well, the Letter of Intent is only required from the Petitioner in a 129-F Petition. The Beneficiary can supply one at the Interview. It is a good idea to include a signed Letter of Intent from both parties with the Application/Petiton and a Updated Letter of Intent for the Interview from both parties.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Well, the Letter of Intent is only required from the Petitioner in a 129-F Petition. The Beneficiary can supply one at the Interview. It is a good idea to include a signed Letter of Intent from both parties with the Application/Petiton and a Updated Letter of Intent for the Interview from both parties.

Exactly but since neither of them sent it with the application then the consequence of that is to expect the RFE. Let's just hope that the Adjudicator on the case is having a good day.

Edited by Tintin and Mike

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Good luck on your visa journey.

:thumbs:

Go to this part of the instructions linked above:

Page 2> #5> B.

A letter of intent from you and your fiance(e) are listed in the instructions as a requirement.

Have them ready to go in case you get an RFE.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

My opinion is, just wait and you may get a RFE, if you do just get whatever they are asking for and send it.... If you need I have my letter of intent here that I sent when I applied... My application got straight with no RFE, so it may be right.... wait to see if they gonna request if they do, make one or just ask me that I can send you mine so u can have an idea to make yours. good luck ;)

AOS JOURNEY
09/25/2012 - Sent AOS I-485/EAD Package
10/04/2012 - 2 NOA's hardcopies received at home
10/11/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received
10/15/2012 - RFE hard copy (request for 2011 tax return and sponsor I-864 )
10/20/2012 - RFE sent and txt message received confirming they got it
10/22/2012 - Walk-in biometrics successful (15 days earlier)
12/10/2012 - Status updated, interview schedule for 01/11/2013
12/11/2012 - EAD status updated approved
12/15/2012 - EAD status Document Production
12/17/2012 - EAD status USPS has picked up
12/19/2012 - EAD card received
01/11/2013 - Interview, approved on spot
01/19/2013 - Green Card arrived in the mail :) See you in two years :)

I-751 Removing Condition Journey

10/15/2014 - Sent I-751 Package

10/18/2014 - Received NOA1 (One year Extension)

10/20/2014 - Check Cashed

10/29/2014 - Biometrics Appointment letter received for 10/11/14

11/04/2014 - Biometrics done (Walk in)

04/02/2015 - Approved and Card in production :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I need an answer to wether this is a requirement or not ? some said in the past past that you cannot be denied because of the letter of intent missing in the first part of the process. It can still be submitted to the embassy at the time of interview

i have already got a lawyer before i discover into this site -- to late to regret am moving foward and hoping things goes fine

please advise

It is specifically listed in the Instructions.

Go to Section 5 B: USCIS 129f home page

Nope, need signed letters from BOTH......and with original signatures, no faxing or emailing.

Nope, need signed letters from BOTH......and with original signatures, no faxing or emailing.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Hello All

thank you

Honestly, a lawyer is just a waste of money and time. Some don't really know what they're processing and I think you can file it ahead by yourself than when you have a lawyer. Google is really a great help, just make time in researching. Trust me, you won't need a lawyer anymore. Sounds that you know better about k1 visa than your lawyer. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All

thank you

Attorney's are not cheap! Make them work! They work for us, remember... Honestly, it's clear that it is required. Give your attorney a call and ask about this and how they can correct "their" error. Let them know that you see it in the instructions as a requirement. Tomorrow is a business day...I would contact them first thing. Let us know how it goes :)

But also....I agree with another comment that was made...in the event that you are not able to send it in until you rcv an RFE, make sure you have it ready & tell your attorney that you guys need that document as soon as possible so you can send it asap when you get the RFE. Remember...make 'them' work for your money. You hired them to stream-line your process so things like this do not happen.

Don't stress though...this will not cause a denial...only a RFE.

Timeline

Attorney's are not cheap! Make them work! They work for us, remember... Honestly, it's clear that it is required. Give your attorney a call and ask about this and how they can correct "their" error. Let them know that you see it in the instructions as a requirement. Tomorrow is a business day...I would contact them first thing. Let us know how it goes :)

But also....I agree with another comment that was made...in the event that you are not able to send it in until you rcv an RFE, make sure you have it ready & tell your attorney that you guys need that document as soon as possible so you can send it asap when you get the RFE. Remember...make 'them' work for your money. You hired them to stream-line your process so things like this do not happen.

Don't stress though...this will not cause a denial...only a RFE.

thank you so much , i will call them i keep uypu guyd informed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.