Kehinde

Approvals / lies

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

It puzzles me why people that don't get approved come back after their interview and say that they were approved and later we find them on the site asking about "Appeals". I guess maybe they are either in denial or they dont want people to look at them as if they were failures. We all know either by experience or by reading how hard it is, so we don't have to lie, sometime the first interview always goes bad at the Nigerian Consulate. We are here to comfort each other after denials cos we eventually get passed it (like I did) You are down but not out. After my denial we had a whole year set back but here we are a year later and happier than ever. And i soo much appreciate the shoulders here on VJ that had my back and gave me advice or i could not have made it. I recommend this site to anybody that has been denied. It helps so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It puzzles me why people that don't get approved come back after their interview and say that they were approved and later we find them on the site asking about "Appeals". I guess maybe they are either in denial or they dont want people to look at them as if they were failures. We all know either by experience or by reading how hard it is, so we don't have to lie, sometime the first interview always goes bad at the Nigerian Consulate. We are here to comfort each other after denials cos we eventually get passed it (like I did) You are down but not out. After my denial we had a whole year set back but here we are a year later and happier than ever. And i soo much appreciate the shoulders here on VJ that had my back and gave me advice or i could not have made it. I recommend this site to anybody that has been denied. It helps so much.

True talk Olami. I would never have made it this far without great advice.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

Wow, for reals?

That's a shame.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Your right not everyone tells the truth and it's a shame because people like myself and others really count on this site to get us through this process. :thumbs: My Journey might help someone and yours might help me.I think that's why we all are here to help each other.

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I totally agree. We are here to help and support each other. Nobody should be ashamed that they were denied. Our goal is to help each other out. One has to be honest so that we can all put our heads together and brainstorm on the solutions to the problem. If you are not honest with yourself, how can we help you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Word ! Not only do I say I wasn't approved but I wear it like a badge on my signature. Halloween is over and it's time to take the mask off.

Denial does not define me nor embarrass me. Time to grow up and either say nothing or tell the truth.

Pretending makes one look foolish, not being honest.

People need to look beyond themselves and help others with their step by step experience.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

You said it Ebunoluwa and I applaud you for being so upfront in your face real real. I am sure out there who ever can't come out and say denied hurts. But we don't know you, knwo who you are buut yet we all share the same common thread here of Visa journey for our love ones.

I know maybe (I am talking to those who won't come out into the light) you talked to much bashed some you shouldn't. Said your case was bullet (CO) proof. And you were denied. And so what. You cry, get angry, dust off and come back here.

I don't care if you met online (I did), you are tons older than you spouse (I am) and you stayed a week or a year together. Have children together or don't it's not about that. It's about the successful completion of your journey. And it's not about telling your business. These walls are anonymous and you can share meet greet as much as you want.

We really have a brotherhood and sisterhood like no other. Our friends and family don;t even get us (well some don't). As Ebunoluwa said time to take the mask off.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow ppl will go that far actually lie about getting approved.....but you are lying to yourself...smh :wow:

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It doesn't make one damn sense to lie...... We are all here to help one another and cry and rejoice with other throughout this journey....... God knows am indebted to this website, I have learnt a lot and am still learning, and I will still be here to help those behind me....... A Denial is just a delay and not a FULL STOP to your relationship

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

I agree with everyone else here! :thumbs: We should be transparent on this journey it really can help someone out...like me waiting on an NOA2 I need all the help I can get...and though our faith is very high for an approval..if we got a denial that wouldn't mean the end of my marriage..and I would be happy to tell it so I could help someone else. A denial also doesn't mean "scammer"...so unless that is the case no one has any reason to "hide". But on the defense of the one hiding maybe they are aren't afraid of the "denial" but how people will "attack" them. I would only hope people would truly understand and care not just be mean...b/c I have seen some people try and "talk" about what they go through but others cut them down. All and all noone on this journey can say "haha I told you so"...we really all should have a shared concern respect and love for one another here....so with that said..I hope no one ever feels ashamed of a denial...the race is just delayed not denied like that!...on your march get set go! (L)(L)(L)

Timeline

Wow!! Now that's a first... :wow::(

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

I don't believe that anyone would lie about their status if it was denied... I think there's a kind of mix up somewhere, otherwise, who amongst our member here is the alleged lier? There might be a sudden change and maybe the individual was tired of sharing? Maybe after some deeper such a person wanted to move on to the next level by coming back to get the strength need to continue here, I don't know... But I am not holding brief for anyone that tell lies... But I feel nobody can claim approved when denied actually, it make no sense at all... Let's verify our facts and continue to help one another... Moreover, this forum is mostly anonymous posters, hence nobody really get to meet you unless you choose to be fully identified... I hope we can focus on more realistic issues rather than trying to insinuate that some people are lying... The help I got from people here in this forum made me believe that people here are truthful and not liars... May God bless all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.