641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I can't believe how some of the local offices are NOT helping by processing the applications any fast!! grrr! this is INSANE! Our case is being handle by the Chicago office and I have a feeling they are not working on any cases also. We sent our I-130 back in Aug got an RFE submitted our stuff back in Dec and up to now still have no answer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can't believe how some of the local offices are NOT helping by processing the applications any fast!! grrr! this is INSANE! Our case is being handle by the Chicago office and I have a feeling they are not working on any cases also. We sent our I-130 back in Aug got an RFE submitted our stuff back in Dec and up to now still have no answer.

Atleast youve recieved an RFE...that means they did something! None of us have heard anything!!! Its ridiculous!

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, your RFE is my only hope here.

Still, thinking about contacting Durbin to just check into if Chicago is actually processing.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Still, thinking about contacting Durbin to just check into if Chicago is actually processing.

I guess an RFE is a sign they did check our file, but if it's going to take them another 5 months for them to review our file. This is pretty bad.

Yes KDH I def agree that we should contact someone for answer. At least to get a peace of mind that they are working! grrr

Timeline

I just went on his website and they have that release form we have to file out. I think we should def contact him also.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I went this morning to the infopass... and just like we thought, they have NOT BEGUN PROCESSING ANY OF THE I-130's transferred from Missouri. I filled out an inquiry application thingy and attached two pages of handwritten letter.

ALL OF US PETITIONERS need to write letters to the field office director asap. Sorry for the caps, but this is insane!

I will add more details later this evening or tomorrow, and I'll try to attach a scan of their inquiry application form so you guys can print it out and send in with your letters.

This is insane...one doesn't expect things to work this way in US. Exactly what are they waiting for to get started?

Please do provide that info, I will also send in an inquiry application.

I am the USC

Marriage : 2012-10-24
I-130 Priority Date : 2012-11-26
I-130 NOA1 : 2012-12-01
Case status visible online: 2012-12-19
Transferred to Atlanta field office: 2013-01-04

I-130 NOA 2 : 2013-06-12

NVC fees paid : 2013-07-01

AOS/IV Packages sent: 2013-07-05

Case Complete (Phone confirmation): 2013-08-03

Interview Scheduled: 2013-08-21

APPROVED biggrin.png : 2013-09-20

Arrival in US : 2013-10-04

i751 Mailed : 2015-08-20 (Getting to Service Center at 2015-08-25)

i751 NOA1: 2015-08-25

Biometrics Appointment: 2015-09-25 (letter received on 2015-09-14)

APPROVED :) : 2016-06-08

N400 Mailed: 2016-12-09

N400 NOA1: 2016-12-13

N400 Biometrics Appointment: 2017-01-17

N400 In Line for Interview: 2017-01-19

I could cry right now. I was still hoping that my husband could be here by the end of May, but now I have lost almost all that hope. I also wrote our senators but I don't know if they can do anything. Feeling depressed right now...

Don't cry Mrs Aloto! I plan to go up to that office every week until they get tired of me. I will be happy to hand carry any letters from you guys or maybe we can all even sign a petition.

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

Don't cry Mrs Aloto! I plan to go up to that office every week until they get tired of me. I will be happy to hand carry any letters from you guys or maybe we can all even sign a petition.

Thanks, Treva. What is the address I can send the letter to you via email or postal mail? I am also going to look into getting my file transferred to the Columbus office ASAP. It can't be any worse than Atlanta. Anyone know if my file will go to the end of the pile there? Darnell, any suggestions as to getting the case transferred to Columbus, Ohio (I am moving there next month anyways) and making sure it isn't placed at the back of the line? I've already waited at Atlanta nearly 5 months.

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

Hello Treva ,

I can't close my mouth cos i just don't know what to say, you mean up till now they haven't touch any petitions, they must really be crazy, please we will be waiting for the scan copy of the Inquiry application form and please which address are we going to send the letter to ?

Close your mouth, lol, and think of a lot to say about why you think the Atlanta Field Office should be obliged to go ahead and start processing our case files. Send your well-written letter to

Denise Frazier, District Director

USCIS

2150 Parklake Drive

Atlanta, Georgia 30345

and also send to

Paul Onyango, Atlanta Field Office Director

USCIS

2150 Parklake Drive

Atlanta, Georgia 30345

also, see my attachment for their official inquiry form. Print it out, use some white out to clean it up, make a clean photocopy, fill out your own personal information, and send it with your letters.

To summarize what I was told this morning... my case is indeed there. It has not been assigned to anyone. It has not been given an "A" number. They haven't bothered with the shipment of I-130's that were transferred because they have not received any protocol from upstairs with regards to what to do about them. And since their focus is on the AOS applications and Citizenship applications, those I-130's get put on the back burner. They have no processing time goal for them whatsoever. Clerk #1 gave me an inquiry form to fill out, and said they respond to these forms by mail within 30 days. When I explained that other field offices have been processing the transferred files within three months or even two months, he gave me a couple extra blank sheets of paper to attach to the inquiry form and said I should write everything down, explain why they need to hurry up with my case, and he will give the letter to the director as well. He was actually very nice and tried his best to be helpful.

When I asked for someone in the I-130 unit, clerk #1 said they all adjudicate I-130's, he can adjudicate an I-130. At first he said all I-130's at ATL field office require interview, then after going to confer with a colleague, he told me they realize some of the casefiles received due to the workload transfer will not require an interview. Several times, due to my pestering, he did go back and ask a colleague or supervisor, but I personally did not get to speak to any one else other than the first clerk.

What else... I asked about the beneficiary BC and could not get a straight answer even after he went back and talked to some people. He basically said, if they need it, they'll send us an RFE.

I'm imploring everyone to write in as soon as possible! Denise Frazier is over USCIS District 8 which covers Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina. If I understand correctly, Charleston has started processing a long time ago, so why can't Atlanta? Both offices are under her watch. Let her know the adjudicators downstairs from her are slacking! Maybe it's Paul telling them to hold off on our cases, so write him, too!

post-137086-0-01193300-1359770451_thumb.jpg

Edited by Treva

18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

Timeline

Close your mouth, lol, and think of a lot to say about why you think the Atlanta Field Office should be obliged to go ahead and start processing our case files. Send your well-written letter to

Denise Frazier, District Director

USCIS

2150 Parklake Drive

Atlanta, Georgia 30345

and also send to

Paul Onyango, Atlanta Field Office Director

USCIS

2150 Parklake Drive

Atlanta, Georgia 30345

also, see my attachment for their official inquiry form. Print it out, use some white out to clean it up, make a clean photocopy, fill out your own personal information, and send it with your letters.

To summarize what I was told this morning... my case is indeed there. It has not been assigned to anyone. It has not been given an "A" number. They haven't bothered with the shipment of I-130's that were transferred because they have not received any protocol from upstairs with regards to what to do about them. And since their focus is on the AOS applications and Citizenship applications, those I-130's get put on the back burner. They have no processing time goal for them whatsoever. Clerk #1 gave me an inquiry form to fill out, and said they respond to these forms by mail within 30 days. When I explained that other field offices have been processing the transferred files within three months or even two months, he gave me a couple extra blank sheets of paper to attach to the inquiry form and said I should write everything down, explain why they need to hurry up with my case, and he will give the letter to the director as well. He was actually very nice and tried his best to be helpful.

When I asked for someone in the I-130 unit, clerk #1 said they all adjudicate I-130's, he can adjudicate an I-130. At first he said all I-130's at ATL field office require interview, then after going to confer with a colleague, he told me they realize some of the casefiles received due to the workload transfer will not require an interview. Several times, due to my pestering, he did go back and ask a colleague or supervisor, but I personally did not get to speak to any one else other than the first clerk.

What else... I asked about the beneficiary BC and could not get a straight answer even after he went back and talked to some people. He basically said, if they need it, they'll send us an RFE.

I'm imploring everyone to write in as soon as possible! Denise Frazier is over USCIS District 8 which covers Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina. If I understand correctly, Charleston has started processing a long time ago, so why can't Atlanta? Both offices are under her watch. Let her know the adjudicators downstairs from her are slacking! Maybe it's Paul telling them to hold off on our cases, so write him, too!

Well done and detailed Treva. Atleast they have answered a lot of the questions as to why they arn't processing them yet. I will definitely be writing both of them the same letter. If any of you want to put a rough draft of a letter so we all kinda have a matching letter to show we are seriously upset about no I-130s being processed, feel free to post it.

Also get your Senators involved. If we show effort and our Senators do, maybe this can do something good for us who have been waiting for so long. Lets get Atlanta working and get this woman Denise to give the go. Or Paul. I feel like it Might be Paul but if we send letters to Denise hopefully she can get on Pauls butt and show theyre slacking on an easy process that we want done!

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

Timeline

One question though Treva,

On the inquiry, its stamped it seems by them. Is there anyway you can provide one without that? I dont know if we can get that whited out without some of the words typed also whited out.

USCIS

NVC

One question though Treva,

On the inquiry, its stamped it seems by them. Is there anyway you can provide one without that? I dont know if we can get that whited out without some of the words typed also whited out.

Oh you mean where it's says RECEIVED 2013 JAN 32 ?! LOL I had to laugh when I saw that!

Hmmm... It was a very rough clean up of just my personal information. I'll try to get some time this weekend to do a more detailed photo editing and get that out for ya.

NVC:

Timeline

Oh you mean where it's says RECEIVED 2013 JAN 32 ?! LOL I had to laugh when I saw that!

Hmmm... It was a very rough clean up of just my personal information. I'll try to get some time this weekend to do a more detailed photo editing and get that out for ya.

LOL I laughed at that also! Jan 32 2013?! Atlanta is so off clearly! But yes please try your best to do a good clean up. I might give it a try also. If anyone knows how to do it then try and post it here so we all can fill this out!

USCIS

NVC

LOL I laughed at that also! Jan 32 2013?! Atlanta is so off clearly! But yes please try your best to do a good clean up. I might give it a try also. If anyone knows how to do it then try and post it here so we all can fill this out!

I'd like to send a similar letter for the Houston office, so I'll be checking this space. Hooray Treva :D

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

I'd like to send a similar letter for the Houston office, so I'll be checking this space. Hooray Treva :D

You should make an infopass apt. with the Houston office. The inquiry she has says Atlanta on it so I dont know if it would work for Houston for you. But you should make a houston field office thread and get someone to go up there and grab and inquiry and see whats going on there. DO NOT WAIT 5 MONTHS! You'll feel our pain and suffering lol

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.