Are you bored...

72 posts in this topic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't even filed yet and I'm freaking out about another whole YEAR of not being with my man after I get back from Egypt. We were just discussing it last night and I have no idea how we'll manage. I was actually thinking of starting a thread for people to put ideas up about special things they do to help with the distance, or things to do together online, etc.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Am I the only one who is getting REALLY bored of conducting her marriage over the phone/net? It's seems I don't even have anything interesting to talk about anymore. :( Anyone else have this problem? :blush::unsure:

Interesting that you use the word bored. We always here about how difficult it is, how lonely, how frustrating, but I think bored is a good word. I wouldn't use it myself, but I do feel like we are stuck in limbo, unable to get any movement forward. Call it bored or call it limbo, I feel it is close to the same feeling if not the same.

I'm just glad I don't get this feeling everyday all the time.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

I wouldn't use the word bored, but frustrated yes. It's been a year and a half since we've sat side-by-side. We don't want the telephone/internet anymore, a feeling I'm sure many here can relate to. We just want our life back. Mohammed is a real talker and I'm very quiet so its always been a good mix. He is never without something to chatter on about, and when he runs dry I pick it up, but there isn't much effort put forth. It's just the natural flow of things. Sometimes we listen to music, sometimes we write music, sometimes he brings his guitar. I can say I'm definitely sick of the routine of waiting for the phone call every night, etc. It would be nice to come home from work, eat dinner together and go OUT AND HAVE A LIFE. Blah.

I just realized yesterday that I'm just really bored of the way we have to have a "marriage". We were chatting on MSN yesterday and I found I had really nothing to say. Most of the conversation was him asking me..are you there? And me saying, yes. Then we talked on phone at night as usual and again I had nothing to talk about. He said, we can talk about our feelings for each other. This may sound bad but...yay fun, let's TALK about our feelings...AGAIN. I told him I'd rather show him how I feel than talk about it. I'm just getting really bored and frustrated with talking about feelings. Usually I can't wait to get home to talk to him at night but lately I just haven't been feeling it. I'm all talked out.

I just realized yesterday that I'm just really bored of the way we have to have a "marriage". We were chatting on MSN yesterday and I found I had really nothing to say. Most of the conversation was him asking me..are you there? And me saying, yes. Then we talked on phone at night as usual and again I had nothing to talk about. He said, we can talk about our feelings for each other. This may sound bad but...yay fun, let's TALK about our feelings...AGAIN. I told him I'd rather show him how I feel than talk about it. I'm just getting really bored and frustrated with talking about feelings. Usually I can't wait to get home to talk to him at night but lately I just haven't been feeling it. I'm all talked out.

It's normal and it will pass. Hang in there (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Am I the only one who is getting REALLY bored of conducting her marriage over the phone/net? It's seems I don't even have anything interesting to talk about anymore. :( Anyone else have this problem? :blush::unsure:

You're not alone. Many MANY times I would get bored and frustrated with the whole net/phone routine. Sometimes I would have to tell Simo that I just need a break for a couple days from the computer. I felt like I was in prison at times, always tied down to a computer.

I told him if it were not for him needing access to talk to his family, I would be throwing the stupid thing out once he got here. :whistle:

Edited by carshel

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though I am with my husband in the US, I do remember those feelings of "boredom" at trying to communicate through MSN and then spending hours on the phone too. I found having to stay home in order to communicate really frustrated me, yet I didn't want to miss talking to my Sweetie.

This process is not an easy one..... just remember that every day is one day closer to your being together. Best wishes to all of you who are apart and I hope you get your approvals soon.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think I was feeling that way for a longtime, too. Bored, frustrated and all of the above. But I have to make it work. We have to make it work, otherwise we will go crazy. I talked to him this morning and he was telling me how hard it is 4 him. Just think how much harder if it would be if we couldnt talk at all. I must say I appreciate every second of it. I use every means of communiication that is in my power, letters, phone, msn/webcam, I even have Im on my phone so when he signs in on the computer, my alert goes off. We can talk all day, no matter where I am or what time it is. Now texting from the phone is worsome cuz the keys are so small but the messages are sooooo much bigger in value, I would not change it. Unlimited texts for $5.99 :P

I guess you have to make it work for you....

I know I used to stress myself out bigtime when I first came home from Morocco.... My goodness. I couldnt sleep, wouldnt eat...then I started getting bags under my eyes and my stomach was sticking to my ribs and I WAS LIKE FORGET THIS!!!!! He'll walk right pass me at the airport! Cant have that.....

We all do it, stress out, I mean. What motivates me more is the fact that there are so mny happy endings on VJ, and I am looking forward to adding my happiness to the threads here.

It gets better, I know it does...... :D(F)(L)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yahoo Games, specifically pool.

Our relationship was online for 3 years, so I felt your pain.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Yahoo Games, specifically pool.

Our relationship was online for 3 years, so I felt your pain.

My husband would play that too, except on the Italian yahoo.it site. It is good for when you don't have much to talk about and you're both online :thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had probably one of the longest separations on VJ. Our marriage had to survive 2 full years apart, with only 3 short visits in that time.

I would suggest shaking things up a bit. Mohammeds cousin put it to me this way, 'If you have Pepsi everyday, soon you will tire of Pepsi, even tho you LOVE Pepsi. Try something else'. That got me to thinking, if every day is 'i love you, i love you too' we could tire of each other. Maybe that 'something else' is a serious of email cards, or a song clip, or a steamy message to his cell.

My pain of being apart was intense. I admire how strong most of you are. I also felt like a prisoner to the computer. We had our nightly 5pm chats, 1am for him. Sometimes we spent an hour together, sometimes only 30 minutes. In this time we shared what happened in the day. I feared that he would be 'bored' with me, and if you asked him now he would probably say he was bored. I really was running out of things to keep it real and fresh.

Just know that after you are together again, and you are picking up his dirty socks and tissues off the floor, that all the angst of waiting soon disappears and life will be beautiful.

Wishing you all a speedy reunion.

Jackie

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

1 year, 8 months since marriage, nearly 6 years altogether since meeting, so far. No interview scheduled yet. Fun is harder to come by.

Just know that after you are together again, and you are picking up his dirty socks and tissues off the floor, that all the angst of waiting soon disappears and life will be beautiful.

If he can't pick up his own stuff, I'm throwin him back!

Edited by szsz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.