ya falaha!

Are you bored...

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I tried the yahoo pool thing...actually a ton of games I tried but he kept not getting the invitation. I guess the place where he's been able to get good access to a computer has the much older version of yahoo and the computers are too old to get the newer kind that can handle the games. :(

That book of questions to ask your spouse sounds like a cool idea though!!! I just might go get that tomorrow on my way home from work. Actually that made me think of a few other things too, like in Glamour magazine and others when they have those quizes for your man, etc. Those are always fun to do and they'd probably be a hoot with a me/na guy since some of the questions are a bit risky. :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a book titled The Book Of Questions. It's not specifically aimed at couples but I've gone through and picked out questions here and there from it that my fiance and I discussed. It's really quite revealing, or can be if you really think about your answers and are open about thoughts and feelings regarding answering.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon. Er.. I hope it's ok to post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Questions-Grego...TF8&s=books

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hmmm.... for some reason I can't see the Edit button on the last reply of mine. :huh:

I wanted to mention that there's another book I have that my son pulled off the bookshelf this weekend and asked if he could look at it. It's called 14,000 Things To Be Happy About.

I'm not sure if it would be good for couples, though it might be interesting to see which things apply to both cultures, but even if not good for couples, I could almost guarantee that some of the entries will bring a smile to your face and maybe bring back some fond memories for you.

Might be a nice way to pull out of a funk.

Oh... and I got it at the library book sale for a dollar, but the book lists it's price as $6.95. Not too bad.

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its hard when you still have small kids to take care of. You can't really just leave them, and as much as you love them you really need adult time.

So as pathetic as this is, my husband and I play spider solitaire together. We see who can win more often. We used to play pool, but that got old.

There was a time when I felt like we had nothing more to talk about. I was really sad about this, and thought maybe he was getting tired of me. I did mention taking a break and he went crazy. He thought it was because I didn't love him anymore, and let me know that under no circumstances were we going to spend less time together. I think this is a pretty natural thing in people going through this process.

My husband and I have been doing this for 3 years now. The love is stronger than ever, and although at times we just need to change the air a bit, we keep coming back to the computer. I am sure its just a phase, just be patient and I am sure it will fall in place soon.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We don't get bored. But, heck yea we have gotten frustrated. A few times I would think why is he just sitting there and not typing anything. I would be typing and typing. Finally he told me he got everything I typed all at once. I told him next time dont wait until he gets it on his pc just start typing some stuff. Or the other problem is the pc becomes sooooooooooo slow or freezes.

Sometimes we play games or even make faces at each other.

We also look at visajourney and discuss some of the things there. I think the longest we spent was about 4 hours online. We also look at airlines and prices. Now we only look at Lufthansa. There is always something to talk about for us.

Lavon (F)

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OK, so for those of you who are now with your SOs, if you experienced this feeling during your "internet marriage", did it improve once you were reunited in person or do you find that you still don't really have anything to talk about?

What I'm trying to get at is... is it just because there's only so much to discuss online?

No... it does change when you are together. Well at least for us we're always talking about something that happened during the day or explaining something or learning English or asking "If I get shot do I have to pay if I go to the hospital?". That's my favorite.

Definitly not my favorite, I think I like the slang he recently picked up :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Caladan...those are great ideas. I did take a belly dancing class a few months back and that was fun. Maybe I'll continue that. I was also looking into taking some classes during the winter semester. Mohamed suggested an Arabic class. Hmmmm wonder why he would suggest that? :whistle:

Well last night we had the best conversation. It was a non stop conversation... so refreshing! We joked and laughed. It was so great! Within the conversation we discussed VJ...including this thread. He got really interested and asked me to set up an account for him so he can check it out. Uh oh! :unsure:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Caladan...those are great ideas. I did take a belly dancing class a few months back and that was fun. Maybe I'll continue that. I was also looking into taking some classes during the winter semester. Mohamed suggested an Arabic class. Hmmmm wonder why he would suggest that? :whistle:

Well last night we had the best conversation. It was a non stop conversation... so refreshing! We joked and laughed. It was so great! Within the conversation we discussed VJ...including this thread. He got really interested and asked me to set up an account for him so he can check it out. Uh oh! :unsure:

:blink:

time to work that edit button in a BIG way!!! :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I think an Arabic class would be a great idea. Mostly because it was a lot of fun when I was learning French and Chad was laughing at all the things I was learning to say. ('Now we are going to learn French. Where are you going? To the university.') Your husband wouldn't feel left out, and you'd have an automatic practice buddy.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
OK, so for those of you who are now with your SOs, if you experienced this feeling during your "internet marriage", did it improve once you were reunited in person or do you find that you still don't really have anything to talk about?

What I'm trying to get at is... is it just because there's only so much to discuss online?

We never had that problem again once I was in the US. We are not non-stop talkers, but we certainly never seem to run out of things to say and talk about.

Real life takes over and that problem is solved, I think!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

LOL...oh he knows the goings on here already. We also discussed the pastry thread that turned into the oral sex thread. :lol:

:blink:

time to work that edit button in a BIG way!!! :lol:

No... it does change when you are together. Well at least for us we're always talking about something that happened during the day or explaining something or learning English or asking "If I get shot do I have to pay if I go to the hospital?". That's my favorite.

Definitly not my favorite, I think I like the slang he recently picked up :lol:

Who is he afraid is gonna shoot him? :unsure:

:lol: Does that mean we can't look forward to more oral sex discussions??? :lol:

I think an Arabic class would be a great idea. Mostly because it was a lot of fun when I was learning French and Chad was laughing at all the things I was learning to say. ('Now we are going to learn French. Where are you going? To the university.') Your husband wouldn't feel left out, and you'd have an automatic practice buddy.

I do have some Arabic CDs I try to use to teach myself and practice on him.... it provides him entertainment for sure...

the CD I'm listening to right this moment just taught me how to say "here is your friend coming and bringing with him headache" :huh::lol::lol::lol:

LOL he actually found it funny that we discussed oral sex and whether or not it was haram.

You know I was just teasing you right? I didn't see a problem with discussing it... it's not like anyone was saying "hey i do that!" :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.