~kiyah~

Consulates Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We need your support...Many K1/K3/CR1 visa petitions are being returned to the United States.

More and more this is how Morocco is handling visa petitions, and it does not matter the amount of proof of relationship you provide. This is not only happening in Morocco but in US consulates all over the world...it could happen to you.

We need a central place to review/share extremely important information to help ourselves and others going through this issue. Possibly even prevent this from happening to others in the future.

I will gladly create a legible, credible, and searchable compilation of all immigration guidelines surrounding petition return/revocation, research, etc. if VJ would commit to pinning this issue for us.

Petitions Being Returned to the United States

:help:

If you support pinning this issue...please say so by posting in this topic. Without forum support the issue will never get pinned. Thank you.

Please show your support by posting it here...

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have my support, my prayers... and my VOTE!

Blessings

Lynne

edited to add: i have already posted in the other thread...

Edited by Dixie_Peach

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

It does matter which country you're dealing with.... never heard of a case from UK or AU got returned this way...

If you're from a "brown people" country... most likely you will get treated with extra care... not the kind you want to have but that's the reality!

Folks from VN-HCMC got returned, rejected, denied, on-hold indefinately, for no good reason or no reason at all... why? Because they can! The State Department tents to model after "rather wrongfully deny than wrongfully approve!!!"

But, by saying "no matter how much evidence you show them" still not enough is a very general statement... each Country has its own circumstance and level of marriage fraud... VN-HCMC is 100% higher than UK-London in this category therefore the amount of evidence the fiance must show the Consulate in HCMC will be 100% more than what a UK-fiance must show.... it's just the fact!!!

So, please keep in mind when posting on this thread:

- Which evidence commontly required by your country's consulate

- Since when you notice the denial/return rate has changed (HCMC started last March 2005)

- Make sure to let us know if any reason for return/reject/deny

Keep us all posted.

-

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

You have my vote...

anytime there is something that is commonly related in reference to any section of the country or world related to the visa process.. I feel should be pinned..

This is something that indeed is happening more and more frequently.. why ..?? who knows what is going on..

and.. as far as the comment of.. "brown" countries.. pshaaa... it could happen to any country not just those...

and this is not a place for these type of statements.. it can stem too many racial judgements. call the kettle black.. but if it happened to you .. no matter what color your skin.. you would like too also be able to have answers or a place that you can see of others experiences...

it is not important what is see with the eye.. but what is felt by the heart..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

"Brown people"? Wow, what kind of generalized comment is that?

I think Kiya's concern is about files being sent back to the US, without valid reasons why. I think everyone can benefit from this type of discussion, not just one specific region or one specific country. Maybe you assume this does not happen to people of AUS or UK because they don't post them. Or maybe their files *are* returned to the US with 221(g) but come back to the Embassy quicker. And if that is the case, we need to examine why and it would help to reap the benefits of experience. Vietnam is another country for which I have read many posts about the treatment of potential immigrants and hostility towards them.

Yes, there is a lot of fraud for immigration to the US. I have heard of uncle's marrying neices, cousins marrying cousins just to get into the country. Probably number one reason that they have conditional 2 year greencards now. Which is interesting anyway, beause how many marriages in the US are asked to prove their love and committment and guarntee that they won't divorce after 2 years?

But I digress....Regardless, the point is we each are here to learn from one other. Not make judgments of each other or assumptions about the immigration process. That is all that is trying to be accomplished by pinning this topic.

P.S....aspeaking of being way off topic...anybody remember the song "Sunscreen"? There is one line that says something like, "Experience is just a bad memory that you take out of the garbage, brush clean and pass on".

Edited by pbgirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm with you on this

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
kiya you have my vote.

I dont know what brown country means.

I think that person< saigon> should HUSH. that is an ugly comment that means nothing. I think i am MORE brown than my husband.

i read that too shon... wasn't sure if saigon was being prejudiced... or if i was simply over-reacting. but i still believe that this topic should be pinned... these 221g's DON'T just happen in Morocco... they can happen anywhere... and Kiya and Mary have done a lot of groundwork gathering information for OUR benefit.

I say "Let's pin this baby!"

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm with you!! :thumbs:

Every support/help you need!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm with you!! :thumbs:

Every support/help you need!

Hi my name is Judy and i'm new to this site, I,m hoping i can get many questions answered and hopefully learn as much as i can. Everyone seems to be very very kind and to be able to share my thoughts and feelings with couples going through the same feelings as i am will be helpful. Love has no limits or age limits when you find someone as beautiful as i have there is nothing that can't be accomplished, all i want to say is never give up hope and have faith in God that will carry you through this. I Love You Hicham!!! My Beautiful husband My Life!! My Everything!!

Filed: Timeline

pbgirl,

The reason for returning the file is always valid - stating it simply, the visa applicant did not prove their case but rather gave the consular officer reason to doubt their qualifications for the visa.

The problem for people who are caught up in this situation is that they are unable to look at the case objectively, from the viewpoint of a 3rd party who is required by law to doubt and who knows from training and experience what issues are in fact wide open to doubt in the local context. Their intense personal involvement blinds them to the broader reality of the issues that they have to deal with.

Yodrak

I think Kiya's concern is about files being sent back to the US, without valid reasons why. ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.