sharaby03

I-30 for pregnant wife and timeline

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, Heres my case

I am a US born citizen applying for my wife out of Egypt.

I moved to Egypt last year on October 12th 2011. I've been here ever since. I got married June 21, 2012. I have the Marriage certified copy, I have proof we live and rent an apartment together, I have proof my wife is 2 months pregnant. I will send all those documents along with the copy of passport and birth certificate. My question is, How long does it take to basically say okay we are ready to leave to the states and if I lived here in Egypt more then 6 months becoming a resident, does the speed up the process. Is there any way I can speed up the process or get her some other kind of visa while were waiting for the I-30. I don't want her to have the kid here. I rather back home in the states. Please provide any useful info, be very much appreciated. Thank you.

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys, Heres my case

I moved to Egypt last year on October 12th 2011. I've been here ever since. I got married June 21, 2012. I have the Marriage certified copy, I have proof we live and rent an apartment together, I have proof my wife is 2 months pregnant. I will send all those documents along with the copy of passport and birth certificate. My question is, How long does it take to basically say okay we are ready to leave to the states and if I lived here in Egypt more then 6 months becoming a resident, does the speed up the process. Is there any way I can speed up the process or get her some other kind of visa while were waiting for the I-30. I don't want her to have the kid here. I rather back home in the states. Please provide any useful info, be very much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm living abroad with my wife (she's US citizen), and we started the whole process on July 18th. We have an interview on November 30th. So we're planing to go to the states on December 11th or so. This will take 5 months total. It could've been 4 months, we had problems with our Affidavit of Support, we missed some information on her form. This little problem added about 14 days on our process plus we missed earlier interview dates.

I would say you can finish the process in 4 months if everything runs smoothly and the consulate has an interview date right away.

Edited by Douglas Custodio

Service Center : California Service Center (CSC)

Marriage: 2011-12-29 in Salt Lake City, UT - USA

2012-07-18: I-130 Sent

2012-07-25: USCIS Received

2012-07-26: I-130 NOA1

2012-08-06: I-130 Approved (11 days)

2012-08-23: NVC Received (17 days)

2012-08-25: Return Completed DS-3032

2012-09-04: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2012-09-04: Pay I-864 Bill

2012-09-06: Receive I-864 Package

2012-09-06: Received IV Bill

2012-09-07: Pay IV Bill

2012-09-12: Return Completed I-864

2012-09-12: IV Packet Sent

2012-09-20: AOS RFE

2012-09-22: AOS RFE Sent (from US - scanned)

2012-09-24: AOS RFE Sent (from BR - originals)

2012-09-24: IV Accepted

2012-10-04: AOS RFE (to be presented at interview)

2012-10-04: Case Completed at NVC(42 Days)

2012-10-12: Received Instruction Package

2012-11-30: Interview Date

2012-11-30: Interview Result: APPROVED

2012-12-04: Visa Received

2012-12-12: US Entry

2012-12-22: SSN Received

2013-01-02: Greencard Received

Filed: Timeline

I'm living abroad with my wife (she's US citizen), and we started the whole process on July 18th. We have an interview on November 30th. So we're planing to go to the states on December 11th or so. This will take 5 months total. It could've been 4 months, we had problems with our Affidavit of Support, we missed some information on her form. This little problem added about 14 days on our process plus we missed earlier interview dates.

I would say you can finish the process in 4 months if everything runs smoothly and the consulate has an interview date right away.

Can you spare some help with it, The embassy here is closed due to problems in Egypt. Thanks

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys, Heres my case

No there 's not another visa for you besides the IR1/CR1. Her pregnancy is not a reason for a expedite so it will be a wait. Depending on your service center it cab be at best 5 months worst 9 months than about 1 to 2 months at NVC. The possibility to have yours all done within the next 7 months is hopefully optimistic but not impossible you just have to make sure you have everything ready when its needed. I would suggest read the guides while you wait after you file so you can be ready at the NVC stage. Good luck.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

dwheels is correct. I suggest you start looking at options to have the child there (potentially). I had our daughter (I'm a USC)in Ecuador in order to be with my husband throughout the process. There are decent doctors everywhere...you just have to look hard and be prepared to pay...Good luck to you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also many airlines will not let an extremely pregant woman fly. It varies a little by airline and length of flight but I think you need to check in advance.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Your wife shouldn't be flying in her final month. Some airlines say only a week before the due date, but often it's a month because most doctors agree that there should be no flying after 36 weeks. That is if she is having a normal, healthy, care free pregnancy. Having a problem like pre-eclampsia or gestational diabetes would change that. So I would get moving on the paperwork and making sure all your ducks are in a row. Beyond that, find the best doctor you can if you indeed cannot make it back to the USA in time and be prepared to file for a birth abroad.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.