Sharon

Things You May Not Know About Me

245 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
we had this family friend that claimed he went to school with Michael J Fox... :unsure:

I met him one night when my girlfriends and I were cruising around on a Friday night. We'd stopped at a Burger King parking lot to figure out where we wanted to go next and this guy comes up and says he has MJF with him and they need a ride. We didn't believe him until MJF staggered up to the car, drunk out of his mind.

We gave them a ride, I got a hug (and sat beside him in the back seat...oooh....pitter patter my teen heart!), my friend driving got a kiss on the cheek and he gave us US$100 for gas.

Then we did that stupid thing teenage girls do. Dropped him off, left, then stupidly went back and hung around outside, wanting to go in but scared to. When they started looking at us through the windows of the house we hightailed it out of there. :lol:

I was much more cool when I met Sarah McLachlan last year. *cough* ;)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

speaking of famous people.... I have seen two famous people at the Vancouver airport.... once a few years ago I was sitting and waiting to pick up someone when I saw this group of people walk quickly by and "I was like wait a minute I recognize that guy" It was Tom Wopat from Dukes of Hazzard....

and last year early in the morning after dropping my hubby off at the luggage check-in I was walking back to the escalators when I saw this guy step off the escalator, he was all by himself but I recognized him immediately... it was Colin Mochrie ... he passed within a foot or two of me but I didn't say anything to him

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I met a few people when I worked at the airport for 2 years too..it's a good way to find em! One of the guys from Def Leppard..don't rem which now..hahaha..and Mark Chestnutt...Three Dog Night...hmmm..don't rem. any others..had a huge crush on MJF when I was a teenager too! :blush:;) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

I was a contestant on a game show called 'Lets Make a Deal'. Was fancy dress and I was 'a curly headed, web footed bird, going to a masquerade ball'. When selected from the audience, I fell down the stairs....on national television :blush:

I worked as a receptionist for about 3 months in a brothel a couple of years ago.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

i have been a guest on a daytime TV talk show! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

speaking of famous people.... I have seen two famous people at the Vancouver airport.... once a few years ago I was sitting and waiting to pick up someone when I saw this group of people walk quickly by and "I was like wait a minute I recognize that guy" It was Tom Wopat from Dukes of Hazzard....

Oh! That reminds me of something else! Our neighbor about 2 miles down the road is none other than "Cooter" aka Ben Jones who was the mechanic who took care of The General Lee and kept it in fine running condition. My hubby and him are 2 good ole boys....lol. I have a few pics to share...this one was taken about 2 years ago of my daughter Alli sitting beside Ben with a mouth full of chocolate from a candy bar he'd given her hahaha

DCP_0022.jpg

And this is one of me in Cooter's garage sitting in The General Lee :P

DCP_0066.jpg

He's a real nice guy and has a pretty good bluegrass band who even have a few CD's to their credit! :yes:

Edited by Sharon

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

I was in the front row for one of U2's shows at Madison Square Garden last year and Adam Clayton smiled at me!

(Ewen bought me the tickets, btw.) :wub:

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

That is SO COOL Aussie, Gimy and Sharon..all of it!!! I used to live to see Dukes of Hazzard!!!! :) Gimy, which show and what subject..comonnnn I wanna KNOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Aus did you win anything??? :) :) :) M>

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

^ We have a winner.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to be lead singer /lead guitar in a Rock band that was managed by Bruce Allen ( the same manager as Singer Bryan Adams, Whom I also went to school with.

I had Cancer and "died" on the operating table 3 times, and ended up in a Coma for 3 months.

I'm a perfectionist

I can't stand a wet sink, I have to dry it out with a paper towel after every use.

I can tie a Cherry stem using just my tongue.

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Everything makes me cry, books, songs, movies, commercials. I cry when I'm really sad, angry, happy, any intense emotion. :crying:

I don't like to be naked. The only time I'm naked is when I'm in the shower or ummm.... in bed but not sleeping. :blush: Then after we're finished, I have to put clothes (at least a tank top and panties) back on or I can't sleep.

I love my car even though it's a 14 year old piece. The seat covers, steering wheel covers, armor-all, antenna balls, air fresheners, etc that I've bought for it in the past 3 years since I inherited it are probably worth 10x more than the car itself. I drive REALLY fast and always wish I could be a race car driver, especially cross-country. I've got a custom bumper sticker on my car that says 'Danny's Girl' and has a union jack in the shape of a heart. :P

(F)

Current Journey - Naturalization

25 Jun 2012 - Filed N-400

28 Jun 2012 - NOA

03 Jul 2012 - Biometrics Letter

30 Jul 2012 - Fingerprints in St Louis, MO

02 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 11 Sept 2012 in Kansas City, MO

08 Aug 2012 - Letter stating interview has been cancelled

09 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 18 Sept 2012 in Springfield, MO

18 Sept 2012 - Approved! Oath ceremony 10/12/12

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have a lot of the same as others so I am gonna skip those and try for original ones

- My father was a drummer when I was growing up and I spent the first few years of my life on the road. He isn't famous, but he knows some famous people that I have gotten to meet.

- I can't sleep without a sheet or a blanket covering my stomach. I can be completely uncovered everywhere else as long as about 1 inch both below and above my navel are covered.

- I received a 1 (highest rating) in Solo Ensemble Contest my senior year singing a song in german even though I sang the verses in reverse order.

- My dad was planning to go to Cali after my birth to try and be famous, but when he first held me he said he couldn't leave his little angel. That was when my parents decided to name me Angel. :innocent:

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

hmmmmmm what can i think of???

more about me

- i stole my brothers car when i was 12, crashed it and lied, and got away with it

- i got straight A's from 1st grade until i graduated high school

- when i was 10 years old i swore to myself i would play college football one day

- i was the only girl in a little league baseball team and had the highest batting average of all the players for 4 years straight

- i won awards for fitness in junior high and could run a mile in 6 minutes flat, but now it takes me 12

- i HATE bellybuttons and if someone touched mine i quiver

- i am one of five children, and 4 of us have anxiety problems, excpet for my twin sister

- i love to eat any meat or poultry dipped in kethcup, even filet mignon

- i can speak english, spanish, french, and arabic, pretty darn good

- i was the only 4 sport athlete in my high school the year i graduated, cheerleading,basketball,soccer,volleyball

-well i guess none of this is interesting so.....ill stop

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png