Thomas&Cleofe

Most boring visa interview ever

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yep...FedEx got my 300 dollars and for what???

Congratulations for the visa approval!good.gif

Wow, $300 is quite expensive. Why didn't your wife just print out chat logs through her own messenger? or print out some other evidence that you could have just scanned & emailed to her? It has been discussed here that chat logs is one of the evidence that's hardly been looked at during interview.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations for the visa approval!good.gif

Wow, $300 is quite expensive. Why didn't your wife just print out chat logs through her own messenger? or print out some other evidence that you could have just scanned & emailed to her? It has been discussed here that chat logs is one of the evidence that's hardly been looked at during interview.

Well, many different classes of people in the philippines.

My wife lives in remote area, poor area

Not much technology there.

Omg. Thank God i hve CEMAR. Congrats thomas and cleofe. Really happy for u. Its my turn to shine tomoro. Hehe

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.]1st Cor 13: 4-7

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, many different classes of people in the philippines.

My wife lives in remote area, poor area

Not much technology there.

That's understandable. All that matters now is her visa is approved & you two will be reunited soon.

Timeline

Omg. Thank God i hve CEMAR. Congrats thomas and cleofe. Really happy for u. Its my turn to shine tomoro. Hehe

Yes.....good luck tomorrow IsmoBem. My wife said it is very easy interview if all document in order.

That's understandable. All that matters now is her visa is approved & you two will be reunited soon.

Absolutely....Money can't buy true love!

Congrats guys! Very encouraging read. :yes:

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, she was so nervous that she had a small vomit in the hotel room the night before interview.(She will kill me for mentioning that :rofl: ).

Anyway, we spent SO MUCH time, money, and effort preparing all supporting evidence, chat logs, phone records, pictures, documents, etc....($300+ to send all that to her), they asked for NONE of that.

But, they did ask to see 1 document that is NOT listed as a requirement for interview. I will get to that one later.

They asked her only 3 questions. 1) "Who is your petitioner"? Reply: My husband, Thomas P______ J_______.

2) "You have a son"? Reply: Yes

3) "Oh? You were married before? Reply: No

This is where all you IR-1/CR-1 applicants who have a child will want to listen.

Interviewer: "You will need to go apply for your "CEMAR" to show that you have never been married before".

My wife: "Oh, I have that already" :yes: ...the interview had a look of surprise on her face.

Interviewer: "Ok then, your APPROVED!

My wife said thank you to VJ....that CEMAR was her "Saving Grace"! APPROVED!!!

The CO may have said CEMAR, but being she has not been married and is not currently married the document NSO issues is a CENOMAR and its on the list of required documents. If a person is married they still complete a request for a CENOMAR but they are issued a CEMAR as they are married.... they are the same only not.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The CO may have said CEMAR, but being she has not been married and is not currently married the document NSO issues is a CENOMAR and its on the list of required documents. If a person is married they still complete a request for a CENOMAR but they are issued a CEMAR as they are married.... they are the same only not.

She is married.

And they call it CEMAR (Advisory of marriage)

And it is NOT listed as a requirement for interview.

CENOMAR and CEMAR have different form numbers and the "advisory of marriage"(CEMAR) is not listed as a requirement for CR-1 interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She is married.

And they call it CEMAR (Advisory of marriage)

And it is NOT listed as a requirement for interview.

CENOMAR and CEMAR have different form numbers and the "advisory of marriage"(CEMAR) is not listed as a requirement for CR-1 interview.

It's weird it's not listed because even I know it's required :S It's been well-discussed item on here for quite some time...

Timeline

It's weird it's not listed because even I know it's required :S It's been well-discussed item on here for quite some time...

That is why the interviewing officer was surprised that my wife had that document, because they know it's not listed and most IR-1/CR-1 applicants don't have it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So happy for you. :)

I sent all the logs & stuff to my fiance as well, for the same reason. He goes to an internet cafe and pays per page.

We scheduled his interview for 11/14 - so you and I may be reunited with our honeys in the same timeframe since he will travel immediately if approved.

I hope her travel goes smoothly. :)

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

I popped onto USEM and they do mention the marriage certificate on NSO paper, interesting the embassy does not include that in their letter.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country:
Timeline

That is why the interviewing officer was surprised that my wife had that document, because they know it's not listed and most IR-1/CR-1 applicants don't have it.

Yep, the fact tat they often ask for CEMAR for CR/IR Benificaries at USEM has been common knowledge on VJ since before Anna's interview in Nov of 2009.

At her interview the CO said everything was good he just needed to request her CERMAR from NSO. To his surprise Anna produced the CERMAR and was instantly approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.