Ebony & Ivory

Missing Oath Letter

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My online status says my Oath was scheduled and a letter sent out on Oct 9th. I still haven't received the letter.

So I called up USCIS customer service to know what my Oath date is. First tier was of no help - they read out the status I saw online. Tier 2 was rather annoyed by my call. "It has only been 3 days. You will be receiving the letter soon. We cannot do anything about it now". So i ask "So how long do I have to wait to confirm that the letter is indeed missing?" The response is "2 weeks"

Sweet.. 2 weeks for a letter to reach from USCIS office to Califonia.

And she refused to let me know the Oath date :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would be mad too, if I was that tier 2 office :). Its only been three days. I have received mail as late as 10 days from USCIS. Wait until Tuesday. Oaths are usually atleast 3-4 weeks ahead.

IR5 For Parent

Timeline

I would be mad too, if I was that tier 2 office :). Its only been three days. I have received mail as late as 10 days from USCIS. Wait until Tuesday. Oaths are usually atleast 3-4 weeks ahead.

10 days.. Really? Wow!! I get most of my USPS mails much faster.. (especially the utility bills.. LOL )

Ok then, will wait for a few more days.. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey, same thing for us still waiting on our letter but its only been 3 days. On Oct 9th they scheduled my hubby too. Be patient, its coming! I was hoping and wishing it would have showed up in todays mail, but I'm believing it will be tomorrow or Monday. We are almost done !!!! Yay!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Hey, same thing for us still waiting on our letter but its only been 3 days. On Oct 9th they scheduled my hubby too. Be patient, its coming! I was hoping and wishing it would have showed up in todays mail, but I'm believing it will be tomorrow or Monday. We are almost done !!!! Yay!

Thats reassuring, Palm. Thanks for the update.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you want my advise, get an info pass, tell them you have issues with the mail and did not receive your letter and ask them to print you another one.

Some people were succefull getting another one in the spot.

Even though some members here said they waited about 10 days, THIS IS NOT A STANDARD. My interview was Sept 25, Approved and scheduled sept 27 (online), Sept 28 got the oath letter. I took the oath Oct 5 (roughly 7 days of receiving the oath letter). If I did not receive it and waited for 10 days, I would have missed my oath.

Here is what I did because I was also concerned. I spoke to teir 2 officer who also refused to tell me the exact date. so I said to her I have issues with my mail at least let me know when should I call or start worring, she said its next week, if nothing by Monday call us right away.

Not trying to make your worried, but I would hate to see you miss it as it happened to someone here already in a thread called (missed my oath, thanks to USPS)

Edited by no_where_man

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Yay!!! Ours came in the mail just now !!! Nov 7th at 8:30 am ! :dance: Did you get yours today too ???
Congratulations, T-Bonette, si man. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Yay!!! Ours came in the mail just now !!! Nov 7th at 8:30 am ! :dance: Did you get yours today too ???

Congrats, Palm! I got mine on Saturday as well. Oct 24th at 12:30!

Things I learned -

1. Letter was postmarked on Oct 11th from a California zipcode and reached on Oct 13th - The online status is not very reliable about when the letter was sent out. (Mine said Oct 9th)

2. Oath dates are not 2-3 weeks ahead - It can be as early as the same week.

3. It doesn't hurt to follow up with USCIS - Better to err on the side of caution.

Thanks friends!

Timeline

If you want my advise, get an info pass, tell them you have issues with the mail and did not receive your letter and ask them to print you another one.

Some people were succefull getting another one in the spot.

Even though some members here said they waited about 10 days, THIS IS NOT A STANDARD. My interview was Sept 25, Approved and scheduled sept 27 (online), Sept 28 got the oath letter. I took the oath Oct 5 (roughly 7 days of receiving the oath letter). If I did not receive it and waited for 10 days, I would have missed my oath.

Here is what I did because I was also concerned. I spoke to teir 2 officer who also refused to tell me the exact date. so I said to her I have issues with my mail at least let me know when should I call or start worring, she said its next week, if nothing by Monday call us right away.

Not trying to make your worried, but I would hate to see you miss it as it happened to someone here already in a thread called (missed my oath, thanks to USPS)

Thanks for your suggestion, no_where_man. I would have followed this route, had I not received my letter on Saturday. My worries were in fact stemmed from "missed my oath, thanks to USPS" thread.

Timeline

so you have your OATH letter already?

you are officially days away from being a US Citizen over Journey :)

Yippie!! Almost there.. Praying I dont get any speeding tickets till my oath day :hehe:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

lol, tell me about it.

I was so worried getting one here or there, I was awfuly careful till I got my certificate :D

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.