PD is Current.

December 2012 Visa Bulletin Prediction

514 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

maham i am still quite confident that you will get your visa on day of your interview when ever you got your IL please let me know i will guide you step by step documents they needed and question they may ask it as i trained to my wife she got her visa with my kids on day same day just less then 4 minute interview

Thanks...

My pd is August,2010

Filed: Other Timeline

Good luck for all F2A members.

Things are going good and bad on our side. Our priority date is Sept 2, 2010 for F2A. But recently I became a US Citizen and I e-mailed my naturalization certificate to NVC in Oct 12. NVC is still processing it. My spouse is already in the US for five years under F1 visa. We have been waiting for visa over two years. And she has a very tight schedule for consular processing interview as she has only 2-3 weeks during winter break and also her OPT is about to expire. It seems hard to travel to home country and show up to interview so we decided to go for Adjustment of Status. It's safer but definitely longer path at this point of time.

We haven't informed NVC yet about recent AOS application. Waiting times for phone is killing.

Things are going good and bad on our side. Our priority date is Sept 2, 2010 for F2A. But recently I became a US Citizen and I e-mailed my naturalization certificate to NVC in Oct 12. NVC is still processing it. My spouse is already in the US for five years under F1 visa. We have been waiting for visa over two years. And she has a very tight schedule for consular processing interview as she has only 2-3 weeks during winter break and also her OPT is about to expire. It seems hard to travel to home country and show up to interview so we decided to go for Adjustment of Status. It's safer but definitely longer path at this point of time.

We haven't informed NVC yet about recent AOS application. Waiting times for phone is killing.

Good luck. I'm sure you know this, but in case not, spouses of US citizens can do adjustment of status even if they overstay so don't worry about OPT expiring.

I'm curious, why does AOS take longer than consular processing? It was my impression that for most AOS cases, interview isn't even done?

Good luck. I'm sure you know this, but in case not, spouses of US citizens can do adjustment of status even if they overstay so don't worry about OPT expiring.

I'm curious, why does AOS take longer than consular processing? It was my impression that for most AOS cases, interview isn't even done?

B/c we have just filed AOS and if we hadn't done so she would most likely got an consular proc interview sometime in dec or jan 2013. Based on processing times, AOS would take five months which is march or april.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Good luck and thanks for freeing up a visa number for one of us! :)

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

B/c we have just filed AOS and if we hadn't done so she would most likely got an consular proc interview sometime in dec or jan 2013. Based on processing times, AOS would take five months which is march or april.

oh, I naively assumed that you would get your papers soon after filing AOS :(

you can file for advance parole and EAD in the meantime though right? Isn't that fast?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why don't you just send a copy of your naturalization certificate along with I-485 of your spouse to USCIS? I don't think you need to email NVC at all since your spouse is already in the US.

Why don't you just send a copy of your naturalization certificate along with I-485 of your spouse to USCIS? I don't think you need to email NVC at all since your spouse is already in the US.

I was thinking as a courtesy :) But I don't want to wait an hour on the phone to do the things I don't have to do.

you can file for advance parole and EAD in the meantime though right? Isn't that fast?

Yes, we did those, too. Only drawback I can see of this is the time to apply naturalization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

sadly true, 22AUG10...

In case you didn't scroll all the way to the end:

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (monthly)

Worldwide dates:

F1:

three or four weeks

F2A:

four to six weeks

F2B:

three to five weeks

F3:

one or two weeks

F4:

one or two weeks

I'd consider ourselves lucky with the most movement expected for the next few months.

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.