DS-3230 Email dates

68 posts in this topic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It seems very inconsistent right now when using the email method. I ended up sending the physical copy as soon as got the NVC email and the was accepted before my email. If you send in the physical form they also tell you it's in the building so you at least know its only a matter of time.

Timeline

USCIS

07/23/2012: I-130 Sent from Ireland

07/24/2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/27/2012: NOA1 E-mail

08/06/2012: NOA2 E-mail

08/07/2012: NOA1 (i-797 Rec'd Hard copy via snail mail)

NVC

08/10/2012: NVC received

08/24/2012: Case number/IIN

08/24/2012: DS-3032 sent (10 minutes after Case Number received ;) )

09/05/2012: DS-3032 accepted (via email although NVC later said they never received ?!?)

09/05/2012: Got the pre-invoicing error: "You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information."

09/06/2012: AOS Bill paid

09/07/2012: AOS Bill Status Changed to "PAID"

09/10/2012: AOS Package sent

09/12/2012: Sent hardcopy of DS-3032

09/24/2012: IV Bill Invoiced

09/24/2012: IV Bill paid

09/25/2012: IV Bill Status Changed to "PAID"

09/25/2012: IV Package sent

10/04/2012: Case complete at NVC

10/12/2012: Interview scheduled (Interview Date: 12/17/2012)

Embassy

11/05/2012: Embassy received

11/13/2012: Medical

12/17/2012: Interview - Joint Sponsor Required to to my residency in Ireland

12/18/2012: I-864 Sent from US to Embassy

02/01/2013: Visa

04/22/2012: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my wife send the email out sep 20th evening. Still to hear anything back from NVC. This is the last piece hanging out. Once they accept it they should invoice me for IV bill. Hope i hear something soon. Its been almost 10 days.

Hi everyone. I know we are all trying to wait as patiently as possible for the next step. I emailed my DS-3230 on the 22nd and haven't heard back yet. As there is no timeline for the DS-3230 I was wondering who sent it around the same time and when you heard back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

my wife send the email out sep 20th evening. Still to hear anything back from NVC. This is the last piece hanging out. Once they accept it they should invoice me for IV bill. Hope i hear something soon. Its been almost 10 days.

That's so strange, because there is someone on the forum who also sent it on the 20th and got the IV bill on the 28th... if they go in the order of emails received, like they say they do, we should have heard by now.

Edited by cjjj

Timeline

Another day has passed and no email :(

I am really starting to think it won't come anymore. I know I am panicking but I am sure you all know the feeling. I just don't know what to do. I need all of this to be over by the end of the year because I have a business to transfer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Another day has passed and no email :(

I am really starting to think it won't come anymore. I know I am panicking but I am sure you all know the feeling. I just don't know what to do. I need all of this to be over by the end of the year because I have a business to transfer.

I just read in the NVC September thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/386421-nvc-filers-september-2012/) - second post, FAQ, that sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks for the answer to DS-3032 email. As we all know, with USCIS or NVC - it is never for sure how they do certain things. I also thought they answer e-mails that reach the first. But, like you said, if someone got a response, and sent it on the same day as you - then that is just how it is. It's NVC way :)

Also, NVC works until midnight - there is still time today :).

Impatient - my second name :)

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

28 June 2012 - I-130 sent

6 July 2012 - NOA1

14 August 2012 - Medical exam

10 Sept 2012 - USCIS approved!!

NVC:

20 Sept 2012 - NVC received

21 Sept 2012 - Case# & IIN received

24 Sept 2012 - DS-3032 e-mailed

26 Sept 2012 - AOS bill invoiced/payment sent

27 Sept 2012 - AOS bill shows PAID

28 Sept 2012 - AOS packet sent

01 Oct 2012 - AOS packet received by NVC

05 Oct 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

09 Oct 2012 - AOS packet reviewed/accepted

09 Oct 2012 - IV bill invoiced/payment sent

10 Oct 2012 - IV packet sent

11 Oct 2012 - IV bill shows PAID

11 Oct 2012 - IV packet received by NVC

22 Oct 2012 - IV packet reviewed/accepted

22 Oct 2012 - case complete

26 Oct 2012 - NVC e-mail of case complete

05 Nov 2012 - interview scheduled

Embassy:

12 Dec 2012 - interview in Warsaw, Poland-APPROVED!

13 Dec 2012 - visa in hand

16 Dec 2012 - POE

26 Dec 2012 - SSC received in mail

7 Jan 2013 - GC arrived in mail

Timeline

I just read in the NVC September thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/386421-nvc-filers-september-2012/) - second post, FAQ, that sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks for the answer to DS-3032 email. As we all know, with USCIS or NVC - it is never for sure how they do certain things. I also thought they answer e-mails that reach the first. But, like you said, if someone got a response, and sent it on the same day as you - then that is just how it is. It's NVC way :)

Also, NVC works until midnight - there is still time today :).

Oh really? I didn't know they process stuff 'til midnight. I thought they only answer the phone that late. Since I got a confirmation email after I sent the email, I am hoping I will still hear from them and the email didn't get lost. The worst would be if it got lost or if I would get a rejection. Sorry for freaking out, but being apart from my husband is horrible and I feel like all I am doing these days is wait for another step to be over.

Timeline

Oh really? I didn't know they process stuff 'til midnight. I thought they only answer the phone that late. Since I got a confirmation email after I sent the email, I am hoping I will still hear from them and the email didn't get lost. The worst would be if it got lost or if I would get a rejection. Sorry for freaking out, but being apart from my husband is horrible and I feel like all I am doing these days is wait for another step to be over.

About NVC - hmmm, maybe you are right. However, I did hear they are open until late hours.

Believe me, I totally understand. I cannot wait for this to be over and to be with my Husband soon. In the worst case scenario, when they reject it - just e-mail it again. It will be a week or so added but I think we will be done this year. It is almost the last step, right?

Is there a long wait for the interview in Germany?

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

6 July 2012 - NOA1

NVC:

Embassy:

16 Dec 2012 - POE

Timeline

About NVC - hmmm, maybe you are right. However, I did hear they are open until late hours.

Believe me, I totally understand. I cannot wait for this to be over and to be with my Husband soon. In the worst case scenario, when they reject it - just e-mail it again. It will be a week or so added but I think we will be done this year. It is almost the last step, right?

Is there a long wait for the interview in Germany?

I haven't really been able to find out how long the wait is but from the timelines it looks like at least one month. Considering that half of December is filled with holidays, if the DS-3032 isn't accepted soon, it will be almost impossible to still get an interview this year. Assuming I would have to resend it next week (email and snail mail this time), it would be one week before they receive it at least, another week or more until the accept it, then a few days to invoice and get paid status, then mailing the IV documents - by time they would receive those it will be early November, so it's doubtful that the acceptance and interview scheduling would come early enough to still make it this year :( Since I emailed it right after I received the case number, I was really hoping that would speed things up, but now it almost seems like that was the wrong choice and I should have waited for the document and snail mailed it as those seem to actually get accepted faster.

Please keep me updated when you hear from them about the document. This is the only place that offers some comfort :)

Edited by cjjj

Timeline

I haven't really been able to find out how long the wait is but from the timelines it looks like at least one month. Considering that half of December is filled with holidays, if the DS-3032 isn't accepted soon, it will be almost impossible to still get an interview this year. Assuming I would have to resend it next week (email and snail mail this time), it would be one week before they receive it at least, another week or more until the accept it, then a few days to invoice and get paid status, then mailing the IV documents - by time they would receive those it will be early November, so it's doubtful that the acceptance and interview scheduling would come early enough to still make it this year :( Since I emailed it right after I received the case number, I was really hoping that would speed things up, but now it almost seems like that was the wrong choice and I should have waited for the document and snail mailed it as those seem to actually get accepted faster.

Please keep me updated when you hear from them about the document. This is the only place that offers some comfort :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the e-mail to come as soon as possible. I love December but it is true - filled with holidays so offices are closed. I REALLY think, that you will be done by then. You know why? Because some people on VJ whose cases have been approved at USCIS just a few days ago are still hoping to be done in 2012. And you are way ahead! I realize that hope and reality are two different things but we have to stay positive, right? :yes:

Does your husband have the IV packet from you? (you are in Germany, and he is in the US, right?). If you send it from here, it can get to NVC the next day.

I will start freaking out if my husband doesn't get an e-mail by next Tuesday. That is enough time for them to read and accept the e-mail :lol:

Please, stay positive. I know it is hard.

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

6 July 2012 - NOA1

NVC:

Embassy:

16 Dec 2012 - POE

Timeline

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the e-mail to come as soon as possible. I love December but it is true - filled with holidays so offices are closed. I REALLY think, that you will be done by then. You know why? Because some people on VJ whose cases have been approved at USCIS just a few days ago are still hoping to be done in 2012. And you are way ahead! I realize that hope and reality are two different things but we have to stay positive, right? :yes:

Does your husband have the IV packet from you? (you are in Germany, and he is in the US, right?). If you send it from here, it can get to NVC the next day.

I will start freaking out if my husband doesn't get an e-mail by next Tuesday. That is enough time for them to read and accept the e-mail :lol:

Please, stay positive. I know it is hard.

Thanks for your kind words. No, my husband does not have the package. My idea was to send it with 48-hour UPS from Germany. Do you think that's a bad idea? I didn't want to send original documents (which aren't that easy to come by) by mail twice.

Timeline

Thanks for your kind words. No, my husband does not have the package. My idea was to send it with 48-hour UPS from Germany. Do you think that's a bad idea? I didn't want to send original documents (which aren't that easy to come by) by mail twice.

You're right - I wouldn't risk sending such important documents via mail twice. And 48hours across the globe is not so bad! :)))

Postal Office/UPS in Germany is probably much better than in Poland (it is terrible and slow:).

Just make sure that everything is in the package and make copies of the entire one (just in case).

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

6 July 2012 - NOA1

NVC:

Embassy:

16 Dec 2012 - POE

Timeline

You're right - I wouldn't risk sending such important documents via mail twice. And 48hours across the globe is not so bad! :)))

Postal Office/UPS in Germany is probably much better than in Poland (it is terrible and slow:).

Just make sure that everything is in the package and make copies of the entire one (just in case).

I will definitely do that. I checked online and it says that I can order UPS pickup and it will be delivered 2 days later in the morning. I hope they are reliable. Never tried it. I make copies of everything anyway and have already ordered doubles of all originals too, just in case. Everything really just hinges on the choice of agent form which in my eyes they should do away with for spouses that give them their email addresses as both receive everything anyway. I am not sure why we have to wait an additional 2 weeks in the process for something that has no impact on the actual process. oO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

That's so strange, because there is someone on the forum who also sent it on the 20th and got the IV bill on the 28th... if they go in the order of emails received, like they say they do, we should have heard by now.

I sent my DS-3032 via email on 20th Sept too...i got the acceptance yesterday (02nd Oct)....

just for everyones info please do check ur spam emails or junks emails too because i got mine as spam....it was funny i did check my email yesterday but never bothered about the spam as always....but today i just reluctantly clicked on spam and there it was.....so please just be aware....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.