cjjj

DS-3230 Email dates

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I sent my DS-3032 via email on 20th Sept too...i got the acceptance yesterday (02nd Oct)....

just for everyones info please do check ur spam emails or junks emails too because i got mine as spam....it was funny i did check my email yesterday but never bothered about the spam as always....but today i just reluctantly clicked on spam and there it was.....so please just be aware....

That's really good to know that they are still working on the 20th or now 21st, thank you. I will check my spam folder for sure. Could you tell me whether you sent the email right after you received the case number, using the template from the forum or whether you sent the actual form or whether you sent the email after you received the AOS bill. I'd appreciate it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i noticed onething. the user said he emailed 20th. but he emailed it from fiji. thats one day ahead of us here in US. So my guess is they are working on 19th or 20th. so we should hear something soon like in 1 day or 2 day max. all should done by this week.

That's really good to know that they are still working on the 20th or now 21st, thank you. I will check my spam folder for sure. Could you tell me whether you sent the email right after you received the case number, using the template from the forum or whether you sent the actual form or whether you sent the email after you received the AOS bill. I'd appreciate it.

Timeline

i noticed onething. the user said he emailed 20th. but he emailed it from fiji. thats one day ahead of us here in US. So my guess is they are working on 19th or 20th. so we should hear something soon like in 1 day or 2 day max. all should done by this week.

Nice catch :)

Let's hope. I am just reading a lot about rejections of DS-3032 emails these days.... fingers crossed for us though!

Timeline

that will be terrible after waiting for 2 weeks.My wife's IV package is almost ,it will be great if they bill me for IV. So i can send the documents out and then play the waiting game. I thought email will be faster but guess what its longer than the snail mail.

Nice catch :)

Let's hope. I am just reading a lot about rejections of DS-3032 emails these days.... fingers crossed for us though!

Timeline

that will be terrible after waiting for 2 weeks.My wife's IV package is almost ,it will be great if they bill me for IV. So i can send the documents out and then play the waiting game. I thought email will be faster but guess what its longer than the snail mail.

Looks like it. And the problem is, snail mail will definitely be accepted if no mistakes are made but email seems to get rejected a lot. So I would not do it the same way again. But now we can only wait and hope :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I will definitely do that. I checked online and it says that I can order UPS pickup and it will be delivered 2 days later in the morning. I hope they are reliable. Never tried it. I make copies of everything anyway and have already ordered doubles of all originals too, just in case. Everything really just hinges on the choice of agent form which in my eyes they should do away with for spouses that give them their email addresses as both receive everything anyway. I am not sure why we have to wait an additional 2 weeks in the process for something that has no impact on the actual process. oO

I just wrote a post about what I'm going to tell you in October NVC filers but I will mention it here to you as well. I called NVC and was told that I can send the IV packet anytime now even though I still haven;t gotten the acceptance e-mail, haven't paid the IV bill or anything related to this stage. I'm shocked but the guy I was talking to repeated that 3 times - no need to wait; it doesn't have to be in that order. I want to go to the post office the first thing tomorrow morning. I just want to get some opinions first. ut that changes a lot!!!!

Impatient - my second name :)

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

28 June 2012 - I-130 sent

6 July 2012 - NOA1

14 August 2012 - Medical exam

10 Sept 2012 - USCIS approved!!

NVC:

20 Sept 2012 - NVC received

21 Sept 2012 - Case# & IIN received

24 Sept 2012 - DS-3032 e-mailed

26 Sept 2012 - AOS bill invoiced/payment sent

27 Sept 2012 - AOS bill shows PAID

28 Sept 2012 - AOS packet sent

01 Oct 2012 - AOS packet received by NVC

05 Oct 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

09 Oct 2012 - AOS packet reviewed/accepted

09 Oct 2012 - IV bill invoiced/payment sent

10 Oct 2012 - IV packet sent

11 Oct 2012 - IV bill shows PAID

11 Oct 2012 - IV packet received by NVC

22 Oct 2012 - IV packet reviewed/accepted

22 Oct 2012 - case complete

26 Oct 2012 - NVC e-mail of case complete

05 Nov 2012 - interview scheduled

Embassy:

12 Dec 2012 - interview in Warsaw, Poland-APPROVED!

13 Dec 2012 - visa in hand

16 Dec 2012 - POE

26 Dec 2012 - SSC received in mail

7 Jan 2013 - GC arrived in mail

Timeline

I just wrote a post about what I'm going to tell you in October NVC filers but I will mention it here to you as well. I called NVC and was told that I can send the IV packet anytime now even though I still haven;t gotten the acceptance e-mail, haven't paid the IV bill or anything related to this stage. I'm shocked but the guy I was talking to repeated that 3 times - no need to wait; it doesn't have to be in that order. I want to go to the post office the first thing tomorrow morning. I just want to get some opinions first. ut that changes a lot!!!!

I am not sure I trust that advice at all because you need the barcode sheet. Otherwise their entire setup makes no sense at all. Why bother have an online payment portal that generates such a sheet and so on? I would hate risking a reject or RFE on the IV because the bill hasn't been paid yet. I have gotten so many different opinions from NVC. I called about the DS-3032 and some people will tell you that you CANNOT send an email using the template at all, others will say it's okay as long as you attach the scanned form as well, other still will say that only the form by snail mail is acceptable. So as much as I want to get the IV thing done asap, I don't want to risk making things worse.

Timeline

i am not risking anything either. I collect all the documents and send over without any correspondence back that is very very risky.i will not encourage to send the documents before sending the fee. they wont look in to it until we pay.

I am not sure I trust that advice at all because you need the barcode sheet. Otherwise their entire setup makes no sense at all. Why bother have an online payment portal that generates such a sheet and so on? I would hate risking a reject or RFE on the IV because the bill hasn't been paid yet. I have gotten so many different opinions from NVC. I called about the DS-3032 and some people will tell you that you CANNOT send an email using the template at all, others will say it's okay as long as you attach the scanned form as well, other still will say that only the form by snail mail is acceptable. So as much as I want to get the IV thing done asap, I don't want to risk making things worse.

Timeline

That was actually the first time they told me something which was a bit shocking. Unlike you, I never got any mixed responses. But you're right, sending it in early may be rejected if someone else picked it up.

Gosh, NVC, c'mon!!

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

6 July 2012 - NOA1

NVC:

Embassy:

16 Dec 2012 - POE

Timeline

I just called them and after being on hold for 10 minutes I had a nice 6 minute conversation with a very nice gentleman who said to absolutely NOT send the package without paying the bill and getting the cover sheet first. He also said usually the acceptance of the 3032 takes 5-10 business days but that lately they have experienced an increase in emails (probably because everyone is sending everything twice etc.) - so i guess everyone needs to just hang tight and wait a bit longer :(

Timeline

I just called them and after being on hold for 10 minutes I had a nice 6 minute conversation with a very nice gentleman who said to absolutely NOT send the package without paying the bill and getting the cover sheet first. He also said usually the acceptance of the 3032 takes 5-10 business days but that lately they have experienced an increase in emails (probably because everyone is sending everything twice etc.) - so i guess everyone needs to just hang tight and wait a bit longer :(

This is crazy ........... Same day, same office, who trains these operators that they give such DIFFERNT information??!! :rofl:

I am so mad ...... And I was so excited just 30 minutes ago! :bonk:

Well, but it is good news about the e-mail at least.

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

6 July 2012 - NOA1

NVC:

Embassy:

16 Dec 2012 - POE

Timeline

mine got accepted today. so they sure working on 20th or 21st now. Good luck guys.

This is crazy ........... Same day, same office, who trains these operators that they give such DIFFERNT information??!! :rofl:

I am so mad ...... And I was so excited just 30 minutes ago! :bonk:

Well, but it is good news about the e-mail at least.

Timeline

mine got accepted today. so they sure working on 20th or 21st now. Good luck guys.

Thanks for letting us know. I really hope they start speeding things up. Looks like they have been working on the 20th for at least 5 days now. So getting to the 22nd could be another 10 days :(

Timeline

Great news! I'm staying positive :)

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

6 July 2012 - NOA1

NVC:

Embassy:

16 Dec 2012 - POE

Timeline

I just received this email:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition ..... filed by ..... on behalf of ......

We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the DS-3032."

Is this the acceptance I have been waiting for? Does this mean I will receive the IV invoice any day now???? Sorry, I am so flabbergasted right now I think my brain isn't working :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.