pax

Orange (the fruit) Appreciation Thread

8 posts in this topic

As everyone around me catches various forms of the sniffles, bronchitis, strep throat, and even the flu, I remain unscathed (knock wood) through the winter sick season, for the first time in years. I can only deduce that this is due to my dramatically increased orange intake.

Each morning around 10:00 a.m., I cease working/posting to VisaJourney to peel and eat a large orange. It is generally the highlight of my day until I talk to Ewen. I turned Ewen on to oranges when I was in Scotland over New Year, and now we are both eating oranges all the time. When I'm not eating oranges, I'm drinking orange juice.

(L) oranges (L)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I LOVE the oranges here in the US...so juicy and yummy compared to the ones back in Ireland! My parents said the same when they were over here visiting.

Yummy Oranges!!!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We have 4 orange trees in our backyard, but they only recently got sweet enough to eat. They were really sour for a long time. But now the problem is fruit flies in our house, I hate them...make them go away!!! :( I'm trying all different methods I've been finding online to get rid of them. It's kind of like doing a science experiment, figuring what will kill them and what won't :protest: ...They need to DIEEEE mwahahahaaaaa

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

that used to be my morning routine at work before I moved, stop at the cafeteria and buy a large coffee and an orange :) (drank the coffee first, then had the orange, mixing would have been gross)

I need to eat more oranges!

polarcanada.gifCDA.gif married to a USA.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Satsumas are great, eating’s a piece of p***, but you can’t do it with an orange. You go, “You want a bit of orange? I’ve got… f****** ‘ell! (mimes hammering on the orange to open it) Can’t …” ‘Cause inside an orange- it’s like the film “Das Boot” in there! With Jürgen Prochnov going,

(German accent) “Don’t let them get in to the orange! It’s most important! Or the juice will get out, and it’ll not be good. They’re breaking in with fingers, depth charges! Let the peel come off only in small chunks!”

(mimes peeling orange with fingers) “S***!

(as Prochnov) “They’re breaking in! Push all the pips into bits they wouldn’t expect, that’ll do!” (mimes pushing pips around)

‘Cause it is! There’s no chance of someone eating an orange, going, “Hey!” (mimes choking on the bit due to a pip) “You’re very nice…” (chuckles) There’s not a chance of someone who speaks like that anyway…

So oranges can f*** off, that’s what I say!

:devil::lol::lol:

.png

Our Second Anniversary

I want to succeed in America where, unlike Britain, they do not regard ambition as being the same as eating babies.

The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do," but I think the gun helps, you know? I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to have a really dodgy heart to have that happen.

There's a huge hole in the whole Flood drama, because anything that could float or swim got away scot-free, and it was the idea to wipe out everything, He didn't say, "I will kill everything, except the floating ones and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

Eddie Izzard

eddieizzard.jpgizzard.jpgizz.jpg115422114991504.gif

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I never drank orange juice, but my wife always drank it in her country and now I can not get out of the house without having to have a fresh squeezed class of this lovely citirus fruit!

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Okay so maybe I'm a little weird but I don't care much for orange juice but I LOVE oranges. It really doesn't make sense. And I am sure that you are right in that you aren't getting sick because of them.

A few months ago in Belize I was beginning to feel the signs of a typical cold coming on and I ate about 5 oranges in one day. The next morning I felt great and never got sick.