madtownguy

Congressional help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I keep hearing people on here say they called their local politician or somebody that works for some government. I'm wondering can that actually help? I feel like it'd be like the mayor calling the DMV and saying hey can you get this guy in quicker... odds are it won't help much. Short of getting the President I don't feel like they would help much. If anyone thinks or knows different please let me know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CONGRESSMAN...FOR WHAT I READ IT REALLY WORKS...USUALLY PEOPLE USE IT WHEN THEY HAVE A CR1 OR A K1 VISA WHICH NOA 2 TAKES MORE , THAN THE TIME FOR PROCESSING CHARTS (USCIS PROCESSING TIME) USUALLY 6 MONTH OR MORE FOR K1, AND 9 MONTH OR MORE FOR CR1. SEARCH FOR YOUR CONGRESSMAN ACCORDING TO THE STATE YOU LIVE, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORK..BUT IT WORKS..

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process to "USCIS Service Centers" forum -- topic is more general than any specific visa. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Why do you think you need "congressional" help? Just based on my education and experience, unless your petition/question is far outside the current "processing" times, you are wasting your time. But, you may have good luck! After all, you have absolutely nothing to lose by contacting your politician.

Best of luck,

Sid

...can that actually help?

Whoa hoss. You filed only a month ago and you're already chomping at the bit. At this point, the only thing your congressman is going to tell you is that you have to wait in line like everyone else, and to check back with them in four months or so.

Timeline

Whoa hoss. You filed only a month ago and you're already chomping at the bit. At this point, the only thing your congressman is going to tell you is that you have to wait in line like everyone else, and to check back with them in four months or so.

Whoa Hoss, that was funny :rofl: I haven't heard that in a while, but seriously you do have to wait just like everyone else. This process is a pain in the butt, but there is not much we can do but sit back and try to deal with it. I processed my application a month before you and it looks like we won't get our NOA2 until the end of January...if we are lucky. Who knows it may even later than that.

One think I would do is put the proper processing center location in, for a K1 Visa, it should either be California (CSC) or Vermont (VSC)and I believe that if you are from Florida, it will be VSC, which means you will have to wait even longer than us, probably late February. I just didn't want you to get your hopes up with current approval dates that are given to you.

Good luck and hang in there.

I Looooove my baby Lyn.

Edited by wilfon

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Timeline

Yes I understand if things are taking too long than you can contact someone, but then you're basically telling someone hey they're not doing their job can you check into it. I'm thinking more in terms of calling in a favor and having a visa congressionally expedited. I guess that would be something you have to try to really know.

Timeline

Whoa Hoss, that was funny :rofl: I haven't heard that in a while, but seriously you do have to wait just like everyone else. This process is a pain in the butt, but there is not much we can do but sit back and try to deal with it. I processed my application a month before you and it looks like we won't get our NOA2 until the end of January...if we are lucky. Who knows it may even later than that.

One think I would do is put the proper processing center location in, for a K1 Visa, it should either be California (CSC) or Vermont (VSC)and I believe that if you are from Florida, it will be VSC, which means you will have to wait even longer than us, probably late February. I just didn't want you to get your hopes up with current approval dates that are given to you.

Good luck and hang in there.

I Looooove my baby Lyn.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: you are right..

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

Timeline

Yes I understand if things are taking too long than you can contact someone, but then you're basically telling someone hey they're not doing their job can you check into it. I'm thinking more in terms of calling in a favor and having a visa congressionally expedited. I guess that would be something you have to try to really know.

The congressional is ONLY if your application is after it is some time past your expected approval date. It is not just because you want to get things faster, if that was the case I would have sent a congressional already, just like everyone else here on this site. No one likes this waiting, but you are just going to make yourself upset and more frustrated. Waiting SUCKS, trust me, we all know.

If you do try for the congressional, please post what, if anything was done for you, who knows, you may get lucky and actually get some results.

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Surely you are joking!!...do you not think that these congressmen have better things to do then work on expediting petition applications from random people? I suppose if the congressman was your cousin or something he may be able to pull some strings (or maybe not), but otherwise, you can't be serious about even thinking this!

Timeline

For faster service I'd have gaurenteed them a vote and bought them steak and lobster and even cooked it on my grill while serving them wine of their choice... But alas... this is a time proven method to check your sanity, patients and attention to detail... best of Luck to you... Were all here to help you in your progress :)

Regards

Ed & Loida

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.