sparrowone

Help needed to overcome Section 212 (A)(4)

19 posts in this topic

So i had an interview today and here is what happened. ANY INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED

I arrived Islamabad a day before my interview. On the day of interview I booked a cab 5;50 I was at the shuttle service in 30 mins I purchased a ticket for U.S embassy for 500 rupees. And Sharp 7am shuttle coaster started to drop me within 25 mints and we waited outside of the embassy for 15mins after that I was at the embassy gate. The guard directed all of us to make two lines 1 for immigrant and 1 for non immigrant the guard looked at my passport and matched my name written on the interview letter. Then I went through immigration line for some security checks afterward a guard told me to have a seat. I was the first who went to have finger prints. They took my finger prints I have given my appointment letter then she told me to go to window 7. On window 7 a Pakistani male asked for the medical report and character certificate after reviewing my medical he asked for my passport and handed me over an instruction sheet on which a pink token is attached for the collection of passport from Speedex Peshawar then he said in which language u want to be interviewed I said English and 8.25am and from window 5 called my name a Pakistani lady told me to pay the fee in dollar or rupees I gave 240$. At 9am a male counselor officer almost 40 plus called my name I went to window no 3 he said hello then asked me to take oath after oath he asked me some questions which are mentioned below.

CO: who is calling you to America?

Me: my fiancé

CO: is it a arranged thing or love?

Me: Love sir

CO: Is she your relative?

Me: No

CO: why do you want to have a wedding in America?

Me: I gave him the reason and he said ok.

CO: How did you guys meet?

Me: We met online

CO: how?

Me: we met on facebook sir.

CO: how old is she?

Me: 23

CO: how old are you?

Me: 26

CO: So she had been born in ……. City and her name is (where CO was reading her name)

Me: I said her name is ……..

CO: oh so she is Muslim??

Me: Yes sir she is born Muslim.

CO: oh that’s good

CO: what does she do?

Me: she just graduated from collage and looking for a job sir.

CO: what do you do?

Me: I am …. At …….. And recently I got promoted and got a raise and now my title is changed.

CO: do you have children?

Me: I have never married before sir

CO: Have you ever been arrested or charged?

Me: Never sir.

CO: So you have pictures here. (Which were sent from uscis). He looked at them and said you can have them.

Me: ok thank you

CO: you’re welcome

Me: smile

CO: let’s see you have a lot of receipts from the hotel of emirates Concorde (while he was reading the name of a hotel I completed the name of hotel and told him where it was)

CO: How did your wife manage to have trip to Dubai since she hasn’t got a job?

Me: I corrected him saying... My fiancés mother financed the trip.

CO: ohh okay.

Me: he said several times your wife but I was keep correcting him and saying my fiancé.

CO: ohh yes your fiancé.

Me: I don’t know whether he was saying a wife by purpose but every time he mentioned wife I corrected him to my fiancé. His facial expression were saying that he consider fiancé and wife the same MAYBE.

CO: so your fiancé doesn’t make enough money and you are likely to become a public charge. She has to have a job that makes at 21000$ annual in order to overcome this and to issue you a visa. (thats where I realized that he is going to say something bad)

Me: But sir we have a cosponsor which makes way more money per annum

CO: See in K1 visa we don’t allow or accept ( I don’t remember which word he used) Cosponsor.

Me: and I was like (WTH) so I said what’s the way out?

CO: He said there is no other option she has to overcome this in order to issue you a visa and we also have to do little bit of a administration process.

Me: So are you going to send our case back to Uscis?

CO: no its staying here and while you can send us proof about her job or any document that helps.

Me: ok So can I have a payment receipt?

CO: you need a payment receipt?

Me: yes sir because the lady from window 5 said you can ask for receipt if the consular forgets.

CO: okay here you go. ( he gave me a receipt)

Me: I said thank you and he said welcome.

He didn’t ask for any other evidences that I took with me.

At last he give me bluish kinda paper where it marked to sections

1. Section 221 (g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose application doesn’t comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply to your case:*

Before a visa can be issued, your case requires additional administration processing, we will notify you when the review is complete, as it may take several months to complete. Its your responsibility to keep the embassy updated pf any address or phone number changes for you. And contact every three months to ensure your case is moving forward.

2. section 212(a)(4) which prohibits the issuance visa to anyone likely to become a public charge

The Co returned me everything but kept the passport,police clearance report and my fiances affidavit of support forms and transcripts but returned my Cosponsor forms and transcripts.

The overall experience was not bad and CO was polite and answered all my questions.

PLEASE GUIDE ME WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT IT GUYS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi,

I'm sorry you are going through this. It seems like they believe in your relationship (which is fabulous) but they are afraid you will become a public charge.

What I can take from what the CO told you, the only way to overcome this obstacle, is to prove that she has a job and she makes enough to provide for the two of you. Is there any way your fiancee can get a job to comply with what they are requesting?

**Moved from K1 to AP 221g

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So i had an interview today and here is what happened. ANY INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED

I arrived Islamabad a day before my interview. On the day of interview I booked a cab 5;50 I was at the shuttle service in 30 mins I purchased a ticket for U.S embassy for 500 rupees. And Sharp 7am shuttle coaster started to drop me within 25 mints and we waited outside of the embassy for 15mins after that I was at the embassy gate. The guard directed all of us to make two lines 1 for immigrant and 1 for non immigrant the guard looked at my passport and matched my name written on the interview letter. Then I went through immigration line for some security checks afterward a guard told me to have a seat. I was the first who went to have finger prints. They took my finger prints I have given my appointment letter then she told me to go to window 7. On window 7 a Pakistani male asked for the medical report and character certificate after reviewing my medical he asked for my passport and handed me over an instruction sheet on which a pink token is attached for the collection of passport from Speedex Peshawar then he said in which language u want to be interviewed I said English and 8.25am and from window 5 called my name a Pakistani lady told me to pay the fee in dollar or rupees I gave 240$. At 9am a male counselor officer almost 40 plus called my name I went to window no 3 he said hello then asked me to take oath after oath he asked me some questions which are mentioned below.

CO: So she had been born in ……. City and her name is (where CO was reading her name)

Me: I am …. At …….. And recently I got promoted and got a raise and now my title is changed.

CO: So you have pictures here. (Which were sent from uscis). He looked at them and said you can have them.

CO: let’s see you have a lot of receipts from the hotel of emirates Concorde (while he was reading the name of a hotel I completed the name of hotel and told him where it was)

Me: he said several times your wife but I was keep correcting him and saying my fiancé.

Me: I don’t know whether he was saying a wife by purpose but every time he mentioned wife I corrected him to my fiancé. His facial expression were saying that he consider fiancé and wife the same MAYBE.

CO: so your fiancé doesn’t make enough money and you are likely to become a public charge. She has to have a job that makes at 21000$ annual in order to overcome this and to issue you a visa. (thats where I realized that he is going to say something bad)

CO: See in K1 visa we don’t allow or accept ( I don’t remember which word he used) Cosponsor.

CO: He said there is no other option she has to overcome this in order to issue you a visa and we also have to do little bit of a administration process.

CO: no its staying here and while you can send us proof about her job or any document that helps.

Me: yes sir because the lady from window 5 said you can ask for receipt if the consular forgets.

1. Section 221 (g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose application doesn’t comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply to your case:*

Before a visa can be issued, your case requires additional administration processing, we will notify you when the review is complete, as it may take several months to complete. Its your responsibility to keep the embassy updated pf any address or phone number changes for you. And contact every three months to ensure your case is moving forward.

2. section 212(a)(4) which prohibits the issuance visa to anyone likely to become a public charge

The Co returned me everything but kept the passport,police clearance report and my fiances affidavit of support forms and transcripts but returned my Cosponsor forms and transcripts.

The overall experience was not bad and CO was polite and answered all my questions.

Hey does your fiancé not work at all ?

Did you take her tax returns ? How much was her declared income last year ?

Hi,

I'm sorry you are going through this. It seems like they believe in your relationship (which is fabulous) but they are afraid you will become a public charge.

What I can take from what the CO told you, the only way to overcome this obstacle, is to prove that she has a job and she makes enough to provide for the two of you. Is there any way your fiancee can get a job to comply with what they are requesting?

**Moved from K1 to AP 221g

thank you for your reply, she is applying for jobs and she just graduated from collage. besides we had her mother as a cosponsor and she made enough money.

yes she worked in the past but she never had a real job. and yes i did take her three years transcripts and everything and they kept that with them.

yes she worked in the past but she never had a real job. and yes i did take her three years transcripts and everything and they kept that with them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

thank you for your reply, she is applying for jobs and she just graduated from collage. besides we had her mother as a cosponsor and she made enough money.

Embassies aren't required to accept cosponsors if the interviewing officer determines that there is a greater risk of you becoming a public charge based on your fiancee's employment history, or lack thereof. Unless there are other valid reasons for her not having a job, the embassy may deny the application based on that fact. Studying may be a valid reason but it is completely up to the IO.

One option is figuring out if the embassy will accept the i864 instead of the i134. Another is for your fiancee to get a job and show some sort of consistency in her income to support herself(and you). The third option is getting married and applying all over again because the i864 is a binding contract. However, I'd go with the second option because your fiancee will have to submit a new affidavit of support by the time of AOS. Joint sponsor are accepted there, however unless she or you get a job very soon(in the US), you can't support each other financially.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Click on this link and read question number 6. It will help you and it is related to your situation.

http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/iv_post_interview_faqs.html

Edited by A&C

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First of all your case is clean u don't have to worry its honna take 8 weeks but there is no time limit when your time is finished u should call the DHS never call to the embassy bec they don't have a proper answer for u u always call to DHS after 8 weeks and one more thing your fiancé she did mistake she have to be be with st the interview time it's a good response fit the consular officer any ways best of luck

The only way to overcome this is for your finance to obtain a job making above the required amount of $19,0000 per year. The Embassy has the right and option to accept a co-sponsor or not. Finance can get a job, and 3 months later submitt evidence that she is making the required $$$$$ amount.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

The only way to overcome this is for your wife to obtain a job making above the required amount of $19,0000 per year. The Embassy has the right and option to accept a co-sponsor or not. Wife can get a job, and 3 months later submitt evidence that she is making the required amount.

i dont think she can make 19000$ in three months mate.

i dont think she can make 19000$ in three months mate.

My post did not say she has to make 19,000 in 3 months, it say a job that will provide evidence that her yearly income could equate to the minmium requiremnt for 2 people. mate.

That means making greater than 0000.00 a month.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

My post did not say she has to make 19,000 in 3 months, it say a job that will provide evidence that her yearly income could equate to the minmium requiremnt for 2 people. mate.

That means making greater than 0000.00 a month.

oh now i get it. thank you. is there any other option?

oh now i get it. thank you. is there any other option?

Does she presently have over $80,000 us dollars in her personal bank account to be used as assests?

Poor planning on you'll part.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.