sharpcar

k-1 part done..now aos i belive..help please

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

thank you to all that can help me on this one.we did the k-1 visa all went well shes here we got married within the 90 days..now im getting ready for the second part..i belive aos...im trying to get the fees involed it will be for my wife and stepdaughter..stepdaughter is going to 14 in a couple of weeks..which paperwork are we going to need also..any info would be gladly appreciated..thanks to all that can help me and thank you visa journey

Here is the VJ guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

There is a K-2 AOS thread in the main AOS from family visas forum (which is the one you should post in - it gets more traffic). Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is the link to an informative stickie that can be found at the top of the main AOS from family visas forum that Harpa mentioned:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287035-calling-all-k-2-aosers-past-and-present/

Additionally there is some useful K2 info at this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This may help you, as to what you will need. I did not get an RFE--note a total of 6 passport photos for each person.

Adjustment of Status Cover Letter

Alla Alexandrovna OXXX AXXX-XXX-XXX

XXX Acoma Blvd.

City, AZ. 8XXXX

Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXX

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

PO BOX 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

March 21, 2012

Nature of submission: Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application original submission.

Dear Sir or madam,

Enclosed please find my forms for an Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application for Alla Alexandrovna OXXX and Lada Vladyslavovna SXXX and the following documents in order:

Payment Check #729 $1070.00 ($985.00 I-485 fee plus $85.00 biometrics fee) for Alla Alexandrovna OXXX and check #730 for $635.00 I-485 fee for my daughter Lada Vladyslavovna SXXX, Total $1705.00

Support documents of certified name translations, divorce decree, birth certificates and vaccination records

I-485 Petition for Alien Relative for Alla Alexandrovna OXXX

Additional Information to I-485 Part B

Copy of Alla Alexandrovna OXXX’s Passport including I-94 front and back

Copy of I-797 Notice of Action (Approval Notice)

Birth Certificate with a certified English translation

Copy of Marriage License and a certified copy

Documentation of Joint Marital Property: Joint bank accounts, residential lease agreement, addition to medical insurance, vehicle title and a water bill.

G-325A Biographic Information

Additional Information to G-325A

Two Passport photos with full name, date of birth and A# on the back

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record Page 1 and 5, with original Ukraine vaccination record, English translation and USA vaccination records

I-864 with retirement income verification, W2 and full tax returns from 2010, 2009 and 2008

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization with a copy of I-94 front and back and 2 passport photos with full name, date of birth and A# on the back

I-131 Application for Travel Document with copies of passport and 2 passport photos with full name, date of birth and A# on the back

The following for Lada Vladyslavovna SXXX (daughter):

I-485 Petition for Alien Relative for Lada Vladyslavovna SXXX

Copy of Lada Vladyslavovna SXXX’s Passport including I-94 front and back

Birth Certificate with a certified English translation

Two Passport photos with full name on the back

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record Page 1 and 5, with original Ukraine vaccination record, English translation and USA vaccination records

I-864 and copy of primary I-864 of mother Alla OXXX (for supporting documents see I-864 supporting documents contained with I-864 of Alla Odom contained in this packet)

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization with a copy of I-94 front and back and 2 passport photos with full name and date of birth on the back

I-131 Application for Travel Document with copies of passport and 2 passport photos with full name and date of birth on the back

Copies of documents are exact photocopies and I understand I may need to submit original documents to an immigration officer at a later time.

______________________ 03/21/2012

Alla Alexandrovna OXXX Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.