Tee101

Need advises!! Our case got suspended....

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello All,

Our case got suspended...I'm applying my two kids along but we were told we need a co-sponsor. It is unlikely we can find a co-sponsor. Please advise can we just apply for one kid first and then after I find work, I go apply for my other kid to come? Please help....

Timeline

Would one kid less make a difference from meeting Affidavit of Support requirements ? Did you check it all ?

Yes. we were ($27,723)$1,471 short of the 125% poverty level ($28,813) for the family of four. We were told by some experts that if we got 3 times of the $1,471 of the short amount in the saving, we should be fine. During the interview, that was not the case. We were told to find a co-sponsor. His parents passed away and there is no one can do a co-sponsor for us.

We will be OK for a family of three. I was thinking to take one kid and then after I found work to make up the difference of the $1,471, I can apply my younger kid to join me by CR1.

Is it possible to change petitioning one kid instead of two? Do I have to file the petition all over again? Will the petition gets refused? Very worried now...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Quite honestly - don't know - would try to talk to Embassy, but I think it is unlikely they will agree seeing it is more important from you to move to US than have a complete family. Better option will be for your husband to find second job or look real hard for co-sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Three times the amount you are short on income is the bare minimum requirement. It is always up to the CO's discretion, and unfortunately yours thought your income/savings was not going to be enough to provide for a family of 4.

You will need a co-sponsor. It does not have to be a family member. It can be any USC or LPR that meets the 125% requirement for their household size plus the intending immigrants.

I do not know about changing it now to say you just want to bring 1 child instead of both. Are you sure you really want to leave one behind? You will not be able to work as soon as you get here. You have to get married and then file for AOS first, which is $1070 for you and $635 for a child under 14. It takes about 3 months after filing to receive your EAD so you can start to work.

You can search for 'child follow to join' and find information on how that works.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

yap that will help you :thumbs: (US embassy ONLY count dependent who are in the USA and the person your adding(the one that your about to petition).

also, keep in mind it's better to petition your oldest one to avoid over aging (21year old)

goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

yap that will help you :thumbs: (US embassy ONLY count dependent who are in the USA and the person your adding(the one that your about to petition).

also, keep in mind it's better to petition your oldest one to avoid over aging (21year old)

goodluck

Do you think the embassy will question me about leaving one kid behind and I just want to go to the US only?

My kids are 20 and 17. The younger one enjoys her school life and kind of wants to finish her high school before coming to the US. She is very independent and I heard it takes about 6 months to bring the underage kid to the US by CR1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). She still have one and a half year to finish high school. I should have enough time.

I'm concern about how the embassy look at us changing the number of the petition of kids. Anyone have experience or knows about it..please help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Do you think the embassy will question me about leaving one kid behind and I just want to go to the US only?

My kids are 20 and 17. The younger one enjoys her school life and kind of wants to finish her high school before coming to the US. She is very independent and I heard it takes about 6 months to bring the underage kid to the US by CR1 (please correct me if I'm wrong). She still have one and a half year to finish high school. I should have enough time.

I'm concern about how the embassy look at us changing the number of the petition of kids. Anyone have experience or knows about it..please help.

Sure they will ask. And you will have an answer. Plus, maybe the one who is finishing high school just may appreciate finishing with her classmates. I dunno... Just saying.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Find a co-sponsor, really think about leaving one behind, we left one in college but filed anyway to come later.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

We have to enter the States together I was told by the embassy... The kids have a chance be refused to enter at immigration if they enter by themselves once my status changed after marriage... Any other experiences on this, please share..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.