Tough_Era

What's your opinion about Arabic??

330 posts in this topic

Forgive me...but you teach English as a second language? I would hope that your grammar is the result of a faulty computer rather than your grasp of the language yourself. Are you a native speaker of English?

No insult intended just curious.

I was typing with one hand as I had a sleeping child on my lap. Seriously you want to insult me? Get over it and stick to the topic at hand.

The great philosopher Socrates said, "The

unexamined life is not worth living." This is

very true. But the unlived life is not worth

examining!

Forgive me...but you teach English as a second language? I would hope that your grammar is the result of a faulty computer rather than your grasp of the language yourself. Are you a native speaker of English?

No insult intended just curious.

OK. This was a nutty thread to read to be sure. First, my husband is Amazigh. Where are you from zagray? I mean what part of morocco are you from? Second, Arabian can be a noun. I am an English as a second language teacher.

Next, do you want opinions of Arabs or of Muslims because they are two different things? Also, Arabs are an ethnicity not a race, fyi.

examining!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was typing with one hand as I had a sleeping child on my lap. Seriously you want to insult me? Get over it and stick to the topic at hand.

Again...no insult intended. I was simply curious. No need to be so sensitive.

Again...no insult intended. I was simply curious. No need to be so sensitive.

Well it was a pretty pointless thing to wonder about really. Punctuation, or lack of it doesn't mean I am not a native English speaker. Also, I don't pay attention to what I type a lot of times in these forums because I type as I think and what comes to my mind. I type like I speak or think instead of how I would write or teach. There is a difference.

Edited by Tracy Lyn

examining!

Timeline

Well it was a pretty pointless thing to wonder about really. Punctuation, or lack of it doesn't mean I am not a native English speaker. Also, I don't pay attention to what I type a lot of times in these forums because I type as I think and what comes to my mind. I type like I speak or think instead of how I would write or teach. There is a difference.

You really should take a chill pill...clearly you are very sensitive regarding the subject. I apologize. Geesh.

You really should take a chill pill...clearly you are very sensitive regarding the subject. I apologize. Geesh.

The person who so weirdly brought it up in the first place should probably follow his or her own damn advice.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

I second that, Sandanista...how annoying. Often, I'm.typing in a hurry with babies all over and da8n he77 don't want someone commenting about my typos either.

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

I am just educating you on some manners and the pointlessness of pointing out that I didn't capitalize or use a period when the topic was on Arabs or Muslims. Maybe you should be the one to relax and stop tying to look for the faults in others.

The person who so weirdly brought it up in the first place should probably follow his or her own damn advice.

I love this pic of your daughter. I have to say that. But....every time I see it, I think my computer screen is dirty. Because of the lower right corner of the pic. lol

examining!

Timeline

Since when does a simple question become such an issue that the claws have to come out? I'm not sure who pissed in your cheerios to feel that you need to attack.

My question was simple and straight forward; I am not being a grammar Nazi. Most education professionals that I know even in their day to day lives are fanatical about their own grammar and how their words are portrayed to the public. It's a matter of pride which made me think that the poster was a non native English speaker. That in itself is not an insult, after all aren't many if not a majority of the people on these boards’ non native English speakers? Why would that be offending?

Timeline

I am just educating you on some manners and the pointlessness of pointing out that I didn't capitalize or use a period when the topic was on Arabs or Muslims. Maybe you should be the one to relax and stop tying to look for the faults in others.

I love this pic of your daughter. I have to say that. But....every time I see it, I think my computer screen is dirty. Because of the lower right corner of the pic. lol

Educating me on manners? I was nothing but polite to you. Pot meet the kettle.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm not suprised at all of arabic people's behaviors nor the other races and religions who attack each other proving nothing worthy

the religions and races war didn't just started and it won't finish of course.

i just don't get it why people can't learn from others mistakes of previous nations.

Simply they don't read any about history.. maybe some read but only their Islamic history.

got tired of their attitudes for 100 years ago.

that's a real shame when they kill innocent people when coran never said that..

if they had strong beliefs and faith they would not forget what coran says.. they would not get angry so quick and easy of stupid thing from ignorant stupid people.

in fact, they can't be 1 percent like prophets used to be.

they won't be able to justify the reason to kill when they face god.

I don't know what they're thinking themselves are when they act like beasts without using their tiny brains.. being violent is not a good idea.

making it worse won't make god happy for sure, Doing this prove they're not true muslims for that worthless things they've done..

i'm not proud of them at all.

fate found them weak with previous anger and hate.

mesiry makes them lose control so easy but that will not justify the reason to kill somebody innocent who has wife, kids etc..

their circumstances turn them victim for ever thing they've done and this will not justify their reason to kill too.

Fooling no one but themselves.

This is a great topic ! Have you had a chance or opportunity to discuss these issues with your Muallah or Imam at yer local mosque? What does he say about these things?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

L82theGame and Tracy Lyn - that's enough of that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Shouldn't Cheerios be capitalized?

No one's being fooled by this  "it was just a simple question, OMG" nonsense. And you know that was not the context for your asking if she's a native speaker. The original question was snarky as hell, and not even any of your business to ask in the first place. Newsflash, not everyone does the things they know are the perfect, correct, right way to do things 100% of the time. And no, teachers aren't 100% grammatically perfect on Internet forums all the time. And there's nothing at all weird or possibly foreign about anyone doing that, no matter what their profession may be. 

Since when does a simple question become such an issue that the claws have to come out?  I'm not sure who pissed in your cheerios to feel that you need to attack. 

My question was simple and straight forward; I am not being a grammar Nazi. Most education professionals that I know even in their day to day lives are fanatical about their own grammar and how their words are portrayed to the public. It's a matter of pride which made me think that the poster was a non native English speaker. That in itself is not an insult, after all aren't many if not a majority of the people on these boards’ non native English speakers?  Why would that be offending?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Shouldn't Cheerios be capitalized?

No one's being fooled by this  "it was just a simple question, OMG" nonsense. And you know that was not the context for your asking if she's a native speaker. The original question was snarky as hell, and not even any of your business to ask in the first place. Newsflash, not everyone does the things they know are the perfect, correct, right way to do things 100% of the time. And no, teachers aren't 100% grammatically perfect on Internet forums all the time. And there's nothing at all weird or possibly foreign about anyone doing that, no matter what their profession may be. 

Yep, Cheerios should be capitalized and there should be hyphen between non and native. :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.