mounir412

‘Anti-Islam’ film spurs U.S. embassy, consulate attacks in Cairo, Benghazi

260 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Okay, I'll ignore all of the above since it served no real purpose and certainly didn't address the questions that I politely asked.

So, the answer is for America to get even more involved in the Middle East?

I answered your question honestly and fully to the best of my knowledge and of course in my opinion, but I guess it wasn't the answer you were looking for.

So why don't you just go ahead and post your opinion on what the answer is, instead of trying to fish for it ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I answered your question honestly and fully to the best of my knowledge and of course in my opinion, but I guess it wasn't the answer you were looking for.

So why don't you just go ahead and post your opinion on what the answer is, instead of trying to fish for it ?

I guess this is hard to understand but I don't have an opinion. I don't know enough about the region or the religion to even make a guess on what to do. I've read your posts and thought you were much more knowledgeable about this area of the world than I am. So, I was simply asking for you opinion. I was just surprised that the answer was more US involvement. I thought that most of the protestors, both violent and non-violent, want the US out of the region. So, your answer caught me by surprise.

Timeline

I guess this is hard to understand but I don't have an opinion. I don't know enough about the region or the religion to even make a guess on what to do. I've read your posts and thought you were much more knowledgeable about this area of the world than I am. So, I was simply asking for you opinion. I was just surprised that the answer was more US involvement. I thought that most of the protestors, both violent and non-violent, want the US out of the region. So, your answer caught me by surprise.

You asked:

What can be done so that some percentage of the 2 billion Muslims doesn't go crazy and start attacking Americans?

I am not saying you personally are to blame, but basically:

If one doesn't like the situation that exists now in countries where governments were either toppled by the U.S., or where revolutions were supported by the U.S., or where ongoing dictatorships were supported by the U.S., well - then either help them fix the places that the U.S. helped break, or kwitcherbitchen.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obviously there is no solution, all you can do is minimise the impact.

From a US perspective that would include stop nation building etc, seem to work much better if you just let them focus on their internal issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

From a US perspective that would include stop nation building etc, seem to work much better if you just let them focus on their internal issues.

Stopping the nation wrecking would help even more, plus save the U.S. taxpayer a lot more money.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

People love Americans, that's a fact. US foreign policy is a mess, the people want a free and democratic government but they don't want an American puppet. People love Americans, there are a few nutjobs, but people love Americans. Never forget that.

Help them out, but don't control them. it will take patience and understanding.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

So what do we do to stop some percentage of Muslims from attacking consulates ?

Put a Canadian flag on them. Problem solved!

IR5

Timeline

My use of the word "all" didn't mean that every Muslim in the entire world is now at an embassy protesting. :rolleyes:

My question still remains... what is the solution? No matter what the percentage of Muslims not protesting, the number who are is still significant. And even assuming, as you said, they are just gullible patsies, what's the solution? Every once in a while, something disrespectful towards Islam will be done somewhere in the world. What can be done so that some percentage of the 2 billion Muslims doesn't go crazy and start attacking Americans?

Nothing, some folks are just plain loonie tunes. Keeping folks busy with work and higher education might help but some folks just gotta riot. Just won or lost the Superbowl, time for a riot. That twisted mob mentality is pervasive and has nothing to do with Islam. Some guys (almost always) are jerks.

IR5

Filed: Timeline

People love Americans, that's a fact. US foreign policy is a mess, the people want a free and democratic government but they don't want an American puppet. People love Americans, there are a few nutjobs, but people love Americans. Never forget that.

Help them out, but don't control them. it will take patience and understanding.

The line is, and I seem to have heard it almost everywhere I have traveled outside the US*, "We love Americans, but we hate what America does."

Then you ask them, how were things under the British, the Japanese, the French, the Spanish, whoever, and they say, "We prefer to be left alone, but like America better."

*Well, except the Philippines. It seems almost every Filipino has an American dream. I heard the same thing there, just not very often. America left, and look what happened.

Timeline

Well lookie here - seems Pamela Geller may indeed have helped raise money to fund the film. Link includes new information as to who may have actually written the script, why it was ready to start production just a month after Nakoula Basseley Nakoula got out of prison, and where the obscure Coptic Christian non-profit may have suddenly gotten all that cash:

My link

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

The line is, and I seem to have heard it almost everywhere I have traveled outside the US*, "We love Americans, but we hate what America does."

Then you ask them, how were things under the British, the Japanese, the French, the Spanish, whoever, and they say, "We prefer to be left alone, but like America better."

*Well, except the Philippines. It seems almost every Filipino has an American dream. I heard the same thing there, just not very often. America left, and look what happened.

The Filipinos HATED the Americans for most of the early 20th Century but things started to change after WWII. America squanders the love that people have for Americans with some truly bonehead moves. The Ugly American still rings true today, 60 years after it was published. Americans are the first to help when their is a disaster or problem but it's easier to mutter 'DEATH TO AMERICA.'

Well lookie here - seems Pamela Geller may indeed have helped raise money to fund the film. Link includes new information as to who may have actually written the script, why it was ready to start production just a month after Nakoula Basseley Nakoula got out of prison, and where the obscure Coptic Christian non-profit may have suddenly gotten all that cash:

My link

Why am I not surprised?

IR5

Timeline

And this just in...

Video shows Libyans trying to rescue US ambassador

CAIRO (AP) — Libyans tried to rescue Ambassador Chris Stevens, cheering "God is great" and rushing him to a hospital after they discovered him still clinging to life inside the U.S. Consulate, according to witnesses and a new video that emerged Monday from last week's attack in the city of Benghazi.

The group of Libyans had stumbled across Stevens' seemingly lifeless form inside a dark room and didn't know who he was, only that he was a foreigner, the man who shot the video and two other witnesses told The Associated Press.

The account underlines the confusion that reigned during the assault by protesters and heavily armed gunmen that overwhelmed the consulate in Benghazi last Tuesday night, killing four Americans, including Stevens, who died from smoke inhalation soon after he was found. U.S. officials are still trying to piece together how the top American diplomat in Libya got separated from others as staffers were evacuated, suffocating in what is believed to be a consulate safe-room.

http://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-libyans-trying-rescue-us-ambassador-194148880.html

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Timeline

The Filipinos HATED the Americans for most of the early 20th Century but things started to change after WWII. America squanders the love that people have for Americans with some truly bonehead moves. The Ugly American still rings true today, 60 years after it was published. Americans are the first to help when their is a disaster or problem but it's easier to mutter 'DEATH TO AMERICA.'

One problem I saw was most of the diplomatic core are political appointees. You really end up with some lame or downright criminal people in charge of the US mission in the backwater areas, and they use the funds that are supposed to be helping the local population as their own personal slush funds, or for walking-around money.

Timeline

One problem I saw was most of the diplomatic core are political appointees. You really end up with some lame or downright criminal people in charge of the US mission in the backwater areas, and they use the funds that are supposed to be helping the local population as their own personal slush funds, or for walking-around money.

Or they just pi$$ people off with their ignorant actions.

IR5

Timeline

And this just in...

They CARRIED his body to the hospital, they knew who it was that they were carrying despite what the article says. Not many people understand how important carrying a body is or how it is an honour reserved for loved ones.

IR5