Oliverpb

Surreal

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So today is our six month anniversary! We received her residency card in the mail yesterday. We are expecting our first born in 2 weeks. Russia and the US finally made it so much easier for me to visit! Wow, hard to imagine we first applied for the K1 back in July of 2011 and here we are. I still remember sitting there sifting through piles of our life to send in to start this chapter of our life like it was yesterday. I am so happy to be sharing my life with my best friend and love of my life. Every hurdle was worth it!

We could not have done it without the great advice we got on here. I have to tell everyone thank you. I know I am not as active as a lot on here, but I do want to stay around to update, ask more questions, and answer any we can together.

A bolshoy spacibo to you all. And most importantly, lublu tibya moi shladki! Moi lubov

Patrick and Yulia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So today is our six month anniversary! We received her residency card in the mail yesterday. We are expecting our first born in 2 weeks. Russia and the US finally made it so much easier for me to visit! Wow, hard to imagine we first applied for the K1 back in July of 2011 and here we are. I still remember sitting there sifting through piles of our life to send in to start this chapter of our life like it was yesterday. I am so happy to be sharing my life with my best friend and love of my life. Every hurdle was worth it!

We could not have done it without the great advice we got on here. I have to tell everyone thank you. I know I am not as active as a lot on here, but I do want to stay around to update, ask more questions, and answer any we can together.

A bolshoy spacibo to you all. And most importantly, lublu tibya moi shladki! Moi lubov

that is what makes it wonderful,we all belong to different countries, cultures and speak different language but still share the same story.here i am,sitting right next to my wife.reading your story.we are happy for you.good luck for the future buddy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well said. Congratulations and thank you

It seems that some forget that this is a lifelong process and the visa or the AOS or the ROC and citizenship are but papers along the road to fill out and send in. A minor nuisance. We weren't waiting for a dinner date or even prom night. For those counting days...it ends and you soon, immediately, forget all that. There is so much more to life and it is so great to have such a wonderful experience every day (except maybe not for Slim :lol: )

It gets better, it gets easier.

Good luck!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

There is so much more to life and it is so great to have such a wonderful experience every day (except maybe not for Slim :lol: )

Oh I have a wonderful experience every day .... or so she tells me. "You so privilege have zis wonderful life whis me and share event air I brease. You so lucky I make for you discount."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Oh I have a wonderful experience every day .... or so she tells me. "You so privilege have zis wonderful life whis me and share event air I brease. You so lucky I make for you discount."

Oh I am familiar with that discount. "Only all the money you have" :lol:

Gary And Alla

Let me add my congratulations to your growing family also. It is really amazing how we agonize while we are waiting for our fiancee to arrive and when that day finally comes all of the heartache and loneliness vanish and all we can think about is being together.

Many wishes for a strong and healthy baby and continued success in your life together. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Well said. Congratulations and thank you

It seems that some forget that this is a lifelong process and the visa or the AOS or the ROC and citizenship are but papers along the road to fill out and send in. A minor nuisance.

For those counting days...it ends and you soon, immediately, forget all that. There is so much more to life and it is so great to have such a wonderful experience every day

It gets better, it gets easier.

How true. Leonid is now attending Kindergarten and starts Soccer training tonight.......USCIS is just a nuisance these days......much more to life than that.

Here's hoping all couples are engaged with each other on a daily basis and realize that their relationship takes work and the rewards naturally come.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

How true. Leonid is now attending Kindergarten and starts Soccer training tonight.......USCIS is just a nuisance these days......much more to life than that.

Here's hoping all couples are engaged with each other on a daily basis and realize that their relationship takes work and the rewards naturally come.

And try to remain "Fiancees Forever" !!!!! :thumbs:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
A bolshoy spacibo to you all.
A spaced-out Bolshevik to you, too, si man! :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.