Oxana S Martin

Working on my AOS. Need some help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone!

I am working on the forms for AOS and have got a few questions.

1) FORM I-864

My husband has Federal income tax return only for past TWO years (2011 and 2010). He meets the Income Requirements ONLY in 2011 (he doesn't meet the requirements in 2010 and 2009).

Right now he has a good job and makes about 120,000 a year. I am going to get some letter from his employer that states he's employed.

But the question is do I have to find a Joint Sponsor if my husband doesn't meet the Income Requirements in 2010 and 2009?

2) FORM I-765

I entered the USA on B1 visa type and got married. There're questions 16 and 17 in the form. I am trying to identify the letter and number of the category that I must select in the instrustion. But I have NO clue which one it is.

Could anyone help me to select the number and letter I have to type in the form?

3) FORM I-130

The following questions are going to be silly I just want to make sure we are filling it out correctly.

Part C. Information about your relative

There's the question #15 "Name and address of present employer.

Are we supposed to put MY employer (not my husband's) if I have any, right? Because I don't work.

And another silly question: #14 I have to write down my arrival/departure record (I-94) and there're space for 3 figures then HUGE dash then spaces for other 8 figures. So do I have to fit all the numbers from I-94 in this order? Because all those figures go like that in my I-94 form 123456789 12?

Alright, I think it's all I am interested in and confused about right now. Although I might get some some questions later.

I'll greatly appreciate any help from people who have already got through all those forms

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Current income is what's important if he's had the job for a little while and still has it. Copies of paystubs, letter from employer of proof of his income. And of course the tax returns.

©(9) since you are adjusting your status (submitting AOS at the same time as EAD). See page 4 on the right side; http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

I did not use the i130 form so I would not know for certain. I'd expect it though, since it used to be divided like that - 3 digits first and then the rest.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yep, you're the alien relative. :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I am about to file all the forms.

If I am filing I-130 and I-485 are they both have to be put in different envelopes? then these two envelopes must be put in one envelope and sent by mail?

Or how am I supposed to do all that?

Do I have to attach our pictures as an evidence of bona-marriage or I can bring them to the interview?

Thanks

One big stack in the same envelope. it is your choice what you send for evidence of a bona fide marriage.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You put your local office, the place you will interview.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.