nikkiegirl

co-sponsor

11 posts in this topic

I just wanna ask if there's any case like mine. My situation is like this, American Embassy Consular here in Manila asking for I-864 (co-sponsor), because my husband did not reached the limit for Income Tax, not a problem anyway because my sister is in the U.S where there is also my boundary. My sister help me with my situation, and they submitted all the documents that we asked for, and the time we received the papers we straight away went to Embassy and submitted those docuents by hand. Almost everyday we called the Embassy and asking for the outcome of our papers and they kept on telling us that is still under review. So now my question is..how do I know if that documents that they are asking is enough and if they already satisfied?? and How many weeks before we receive our Visa?? Is there any case that our Spouse Visa may reject even American USCIS and NVC approved?? Thanks anyway...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, most of the denials happen at the embassy level. However, if your sister is well over the poverty level for her household size, there should be no problem. How long since you submitted her pI-864?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Duplicate thread removed*

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads under different screen names (nikkigirl, nikkibaby). Keep the conversation in one place. This helps you and other members keep track of the conversation.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

*Duplicate thread removed*

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads under different screen names (nikkigirl, nikkibaby). Keep the conversation in one place. This helps you and other members keep track of the conversation.

sorry..because I am just new in this page. I apologize

Yes, most of the denials happen at the embassy level. However, if your sister is well over the poverty level for her household size, there should be no problem. How long since you submitted her pI-864?

since Aug 23...Infact my husband already purchased our ticket for Aug 31 but unfortunately we cancelled our flight and re-open the ticket until we receive our Visa (my son and mine).So I do not know when our visa will arrive :(

Thanks for your kindness.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

since Aug 23...Infact my husband already purchased our ticket for Aug 31 but unfortunately we cancelled our flight and re-open the ticket until we receive our Visa (my son and mine).So I do not know when our visa will arrive :(

Thanks for your kindness.

WOW you already had bought a ticket before you even got an interview date? Okay you are waiting for the I-864 to be accepted? What about your IV BILL? Have you already submitted that since you have no timeline filled out its hard to know what is done and what isn't.

Once both packages are accepted I-864 and IV Bill (DS-230 stuff) then your case will be closed and then you wait and wait for interview date. There are many from the Philippines Case was completed in July still waiting fro an interview date. So you have some waiting still to do.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

WOW you already had bought a ticket before you even got an interview date?

From my understanding, they had the interview and at interview were asked for a co-sponsor. They then submitted the co-sponsors docs 23rd August. That is only a week ago, so I would wait at least another couple of weeks before worrying. Did they keep your passport?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

From my understanding, they had the interview and at interview were asked for a co-sponsor. They then submitted the co-sponsors docs 23rd August. That is only a week ago, so I would wait at least another couple of weeks before worrying. Did they keep your passport?

Oh Okay you are so right. Okay. Too bad embassy can't give extensions or letter to waive the fee to change flight. But at ;east OP you are almost done.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

WOW you already had bought a ticket before you even got an interview date? Okay you are waiting for the I-864 to be accepted? What about your IV BILL? Have you already submitted that since you have no timeline filled out its hard to know what is done and what isn't.

Once both packages are accepted I-864 and IV Bill (DS-230 stuff) then your case will be closed and then you wait and wait for interview date. There are many from the Philippines Case was completed in July still waiting fro an interview date. So you have some waiting still to do.

Sir we are done from the interview that was Aug 14, but unexpected the consular asked for co-sponsor (I-864) which we already submitted last Aug 23 and until now we are still waiting for the visa or waiting for their reply if the documents we submitted is enough or they are already satidfied..We've done everything also interviewed, they took our passport (son/me) and now the only concern is how many days or weeks they will release our Visa because I really wanted to be with my husband and as well as he.

Yes Ma'am we got an interview date last 14th of Aug, the day the consular manila interviewed us he (chinese guy) ask for co-sponsor because my husband did not reached the poverty line. How will I know if the documents that we submitted is sufficient?? Do I need to wait for couple of weeks before they will inform us that they still needed for some papers?

Thank you Ma'am for your kindness.

Oh Okay you are so right. Okay. Too bad embassy can't give extensions or letter to waive the fee to change flight. But at ;east OP you are almost done.

Thank You Sir, You encouraged me with this situation. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.