Scarlet_

I-129F question # 18

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Current situation is, case approved and now waiting for the interview... But I'm kind of worried about the I 129F that our lawyer submitted a few months ago. I just saw our copy of the I 129F and I noticed that on question no. 18 that tells you to "describe the circumstances under which the two of you met", the lawyer skipped the part on how and where my fiace and I met. He just started on when we actually started seeing each other... Fiance and I first met on 2005 but just actually started dating and seeing each other on 2007.. And the lawyer answered that no. 18 question with "we started seeing each other on january of 2007 blah blah..." he never mentioned that we actually met two years before that! Now I'm worried if the CO ask me on my interview about when and how my fiance and I met and I told him the truth... It wont match our answer on our I129F bec that part was skipped by the lawyer...

Do you guys think that would be an issue? We didnot actually lied about anything.. We just failed to include in our I129F the part of when and how did we actually met...

Opinions please. thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If your case is approved, that part is over. Congratulations...

Please fill in your timeline so we can get an idea where you are in the process and give you better answersgood.gif

Did you receive your NOA2 yet?

If so, then you can start getting your affidavit of support I-134 together to send your fiancé

Once again, congratulations

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The question is really asking you to describe how you guys met in person within the past two years, so if the attorney's response adequately addresses that, I think it's okay. My fiance and I were highschool sweethearts, but in answering that question, I simply described how we met in person recently (within the past two years). That's my take on this. I could be wrong as we haven't yet been approved, still waiting on NOA2. I can only hope it's not going to be an issue as well. I just figure they process a million of these and don't really want to hear about every detail of every one's relationships!

Best of luck to both us then!

event.pngevent.png

Not that big of a deal, "if the CO ask me on my interview about when and how my fiance and I met and I told him the truth". Yes tell the truth! Mr. CO by the way, the lawyer left out this info, on #18 here are some phots, email, letters and blah blah from that timeline or

"The lawyer skipped the part on how and where my fiace and I met. He just started on when we actually started seeing each other... Fiance and I first met on 2005 but just actually started dating and seeing each other on 2007.. And the lawyer answered that no. 18 question with "we started seeing each other on january of 2007 blah blah..."

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

If your case is approved, that part is over. Congratulations...

Please fill in your timeline so we can get an idea where you are in the process and give you better answersgood.gif

Did you receive your NOA2 yet?

If so, then you can start getting your affidavit of support I-134 together to send your fiancé

Once again, congratulations

Que Saudade,

Yes we had our Noa2 and case number already and I am now scheduled for an interview. Im the beneficiary, btw..

Should our answer in our I129F question no 18 not affect my future answer in my interview if the CO happened to ask me when and how my fiance and I met? I hope I did not confused you... on our I129F we never mentioned when and how the two of us met.. Only the part when we started seeing each other... So I worry that my answer on my ionterview will not actually match what we stated on our I129F. hope you get what I mean..

\

Thank you :)

Timeline

The question is really asking you to describe how you guys met in person within the past two years, so if the attorney's response adequately addresses that, I think it's okay. My fiance and I were highschool sweethearts, but in answering that question, I simply described how we met in person recently (within the past two years). That's my take on this. I could be wrong as we haven't yet been approved, still waiting on NOA2. I can only hope it's not going to be an issue as well. I just figure they process a million of these and don't really want to hear about every detail of every one's relationships!

Best of luck to both us then!

Thanks! I think your answer wouldn't be an issue as well, coz we got approved.. :)

Timeline

Not that big of a deal, "if the CO ask me on my interview about when and how my fiance and I met and I told him the truth". Yes tell the truth! Mr. CO by the way, the lawyer left out this info, on #18 here are some phots, email, letters and blah blah from that timeline or

"The lawyer skipped the part on how and where my fiace and I met. He just started on when we actually started seeing each other... Fiance and I first met on 2005 but just actually started dating and seeing each other on 2007.. And the lawyer answered that no. 18 question with "we started seeing each other on january of 2007 blah blah..."

Thank you sjr09! I guess Im over reacting here. LOL

Edited by Scarlet_

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Que Saudade,

Yes we had our Noa2 and case number already and I am now scheduled for an interview. Im the beneficiary, btw..

Should our answer in our I129F question no 18 not affect my future answer in my interview if the CO happened to ask me when and how my fiance and I met? I hope I did not confused you... on our I129F we never mentioned when and how the two of us met.. Only the part when we started seeing each other... So I worry that my answer on my ionterview will not actually match what we stated on our I129F. hope you get what I mean..

\

Thank you :)

I agree with the others also. It shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried about it, just make sure you answer the question (if it arises) like it is on the I-129... Or answer it truthfully and explain that the lawyer filled out the form and you are not sure why he did that. Of course there is no misrepresentation as both are the truth... He just didn't bother answering it from the perspective of outside the last 2 years...

Good luck and you guys will be fine..!!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the fact that you all did not lie about anything makes life much easier for you both. the alien fiancee should be able to answer the questions with ease but it should not be a problem since you all were not the ones preparing the forms

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

I agree with the others also. It shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried about it, just make sure you answer the question (if it arises) like it is on the I-129... Or answer it truthfully and explain that the lawyer filled out the form and you are not sure why he did that. Of course there is no misrepresentation as both are the truth... He just didn't bother answering it from the perspective of outside the last 2 years...

Good luck and you guys will be fine..!!

You're right.. I guess I'll be sticking on telling the truth to prevent confusion.. Its easy to explain the whole story anyway.. I have already thought of that before but I guess I just need to hear other people's opinions for my own peace of mind.. Thank you so much! (F) God bless you all vj pals! :)

the fact that you all did not lie about anything makes life much easier for you both. the alien fiancee should be able to answer the questions with ease but it should not be a problem since you all were not the ones preparing the forms

Thank You ! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If there was misinformation on the I-129F, why did the petitioner sign it?

Excellent point! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

If there was misinformation on the I-129F, why did the petitioner sign it?

Tahoma,

He can't actually say its a misinformation.. My fiance thought its okay coz he thinks the no. 18 question was asking for when and how we started being a couple, that's his take on this so he sees no problem with the answer and signed it. I just thought it would be better if the lawyer included the part of how and when we met.. Oh well, I'll just tell the truth on my interview, explain well when I'm asked and leave everything to God.. I know He wont let me down.. He's far more powerful than the CO anyway.. :D

Thanks.

Edited by Scarlet_

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used just the space there to explain how I met in the past two years and my application was approved.

Here are my words for question # 18.

"I met my fiance (put her name) when I visited the Philippines (coming from New Jersey, USA), from January 10, 2012 to January 24, 2012. I also met (her name) parents and siblings along with her extended family and friends. On January 20, 2012 I proposed to her and she accepted."

Edited by kennard

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

I used just the space there to explain how I met in the past two years and my application was approved.

Here are my words for question # 18.

"I met my fiance (put her name) when I visited the Philippines (coming from New Jersey, USA), from January 10, 2012 to January 24, 2012. I also met (her name) parents and siblings along with her extended family and friends. On January 20, 2012 I proposed to her and she accepted."

Thank you for sharing that, Kennard.. Made me more relieved now. :) Good luck on your fiancee's interview. God bless you both!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.