Quintin&Regee

Need Some Directions

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello I am new to VJ and I hope to gain a little knowledge through everyone's ones experiences!

I have a very unique story and I hope I can gain some sort of comfort and direction through this forum! My story starts about 24 days ago. I went to visit my great grandma with my grandma in the Philippines cause she's sick. My newlywed wife (The one I am petitioning) is my grandmas friends granddaughter and they introduced me to her. I didn't leave her side after that. I decided I wanted to marry her. I asked my grandma and she let me have her engagement ring to propose to her on my cousins birthday. Got married the day before I left (10 days ago). She got my grandmas band to. I got a stainless ring until I got back and my grandpa gave me his. Now here comes the complicated part, I am only 21 years old, I am a college student with no job at the moment and not the greatest financial situation. I am reading all these stories and instructions with I-130's or I-129's and I'm at complete loss. On top of that I have a slight blemish on my criminal record that occurred almost 3 years ago but it is quite minor although I am still afraid the bumps it may cause. I want to petition her now but I am afraid it will be denied because of all this and lack of history. I have great support with all of my family and even had offers of AOS from several family members. I'm looking for any advice, and guidance! I hope to share my journey with everyone and hopefully it is a successful one! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Advice??? It is a little too late for advice. It is what it is. All you can do is petition for her now.

Be patient and you will be getting some good advice about the process you will have to go through for the philippines....

Good luck and congratulations.!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will only file the I-130 to begin the process, carefully read the instructions for that form and also read this VJ guide.

Regarding financial situation, if your current income is less than 125% of the poverty line for your household size, then you will require a joint sponsor (you have stated that several of your family members are willing). The I-864P shows the required numbers. You won't be dealing with that until after the file arrives at the NVC.

The criminal offense should not be an issue as long is it was not a conviction for an offense covered by the Adam Walsh Act. Be sure that your wife knows the circumstances surrounding it in case she is asked about it by a CO during the interview.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will only file the I-130 to begin the process, carefully read the instructions for that form and also read this VJ guide.

Regarding financial situation, if your current income is less than 125% of the poverty line for your household size, then you will require a joint sponsor (you have stated that several of your family members are willing). The I-864P shows the required numbers. You won't be dealing with that until after the file arrives at the NVC.

The criminal offense should not be an issue as long is it was not a conviction for an offense covered by the Adam Walsh Act. Be sure that your wife knows the circumstances surrounding it in case she is asked about it by a CO during the interview.

Thanks Ryan! That's just the information and reassurance I needed. Its been quite the last ten days constantly thinking about our situation and I know its going to be long ride.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello I am new to VJ and I hope to gain a little knowledge through everyone's ones experiences!

I have a very unique story and I hope I can gain some sort of comfort and direction through this forum! My story starts about 24 days ago. I went to visit my great grandma with my grandma in the Philippines cause she's sick. My newlywed wife (The one I am petitioning) is my grandmas friends granddaughter and they introduced me to her. I didn't leave her side after that. I decided I wanted to marry her. I asked my grandma and she let me have her engagement ring to propose to her on my cousins birthday. Got married the day before I left (10 days ago). She got my grandmas band to. I got a stainless ring until I got back and my grandpa gave me his. Now here comes the complicated part, I am only 21 years old, I am a college student with no job at the moment and not the greatest financial situation. I am reading all these stories and instructions with I-130's or I-129's and I'm at complete loss. On top of that I have a slight blemish on my criminal record that occurred almost 3 years ago but it is quite minor although I am still afraid the bumps it may cause. I want to petition her now but I am afraid it will be denied because of all this and lack of history. I have great support with all of my family and even had offers of AOS from several family members. I'm looking for any advice, and guidance! I hope to share my journey with everyone and hopefully it is a successful one! :)

Click on the word "GUIDES" at the top of any page here and start studying carefully, the CR1 visa process. You will not be using any I-129F. K3 visas are obsolete and you don't have a fiancee, you have a wife. Then, download and carefully study the I-130 instructions. We'll be here to answer remaining questions but do your homework first.

Unless your criminal record involved a sex crime against a a child, it will not even come up as a question or issue in the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

well just offering some sound advises. I went through something like this and its very challenging. not meant to offend anyone just speaking the general truths. but yea thanks for the heads up

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one judgmental comment removed, along with two quoting.

the two quoting returned below minus the quote.

Evidently you're new here but this kind of comment is out of line in the visa forums. Please keep your responses on topic and avoid judgmental comments.

I'm actually glad you're giving out relationship advice vs. bad immigration advice.

i agree with both pushbrk and karee. let's stay on topic, avoid judgmental commentary which is unnecessary, and avoid relationship advice as that's not what the op is here for.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help!

Also, make sure you talk to some people who have gone through the CR1 process in the Philippines. Each country can have unique variations to the process. Philippines is one of those countries.

Go the the Philippine portal and read through some of the CR1 threads to get an idea. Get some advice, after you have done some reading as Pushbrk suggested, from some members in the Philippino community here on VJ.

Good luck.....

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Also, make sure you talk to some people who have gone through the CR1 process in the Philippines. Each country can have unique variations to the process. Philippines is one of those countries.

Go the the Philippine portal and read through some of the CR1 threads to get an idea. Get some advice, after you have done some reading as Pushbrk suggested, from some members in the Philippino community here on VJ.

Good luck.....

I just want to emphasis I advised careful study, not just "some reading". This is a distinction, which in this context, makes a huge difference.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unless your criminal record involved a sex crime against a a child, it will not even come up as a question or issue in the process.

This part is wrong. You will be doing the I-130 which does not ask about convictions like the I-129F does, but the gov't will still do a background check on you (and her). The instructions for the I-129F state the offenses they check for. You say your's is very minor. Just be prepared that a hit on your record will make the process longer, even if it's something minor. Don't fret too much; I just wanted to make sure you got the correct information. FYI, they might ask her about your record at the interview 'cuz it's something they can ask to make sure she knows about you to show bonafide relationship.

The income requirement for the 125% is not big either can be worked around. It just means you need a co-sponsor. The longest that you can stretch out a visa is 10 months (if you need the time, however no one wants to be apart) which includes 4 months after the NVC (DoS) approves to make an interview and 6 months that the visa is valid to enter the US.

You can check the Philippine forum. The interview at Manila costs $240, the medical exam costs ~$218, and she will also have to attent a CFO course after.

Edited by MangoAve

I just want to emphasis I advised careful study, not just "some reading". This is a distinction, which in this context, makes a huge difference.

I couldnt agree more!!

Timeline

This part is wrong. You will be doing the I-130 which does not ask about convictions like the I-129F does, but the gov't will still do a background check on you (and her). The instructions for the I-129F state the offenses they check for. You say your's is very minor. Just be prepared that a hit on your record will make the process longer, even if it's something minor. Don't fret too much; I just wanted to make sure you got the correct information. FYI, they might ask her about your record at the interview 'cuz it's something they can ask to make sure she knows about you to show bonafide relationship.

The income requirement for the 125% is not big either can be worked around. It just means you need a co-sponsor. The longest that you can stretch out a visa is 10 months (if you need the time, however no one wants to be apart) which includes 4 months after the NVC (DoS) approves to make an interview and 6 months that the visa is valid to enter the US.

You can check the Philippine forum. The interview at Manila costs $240, the medical exam costs ~$218, and she will also have to attent a CFO course after.

NO, it is NOT wrong. Yes, they do a background check on the petitioner who could be on parole for armed robbery and get approved with no problem. However, if when 18 he got caught having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend whose daddy pressed charges, he would have a problem.

This is NOT my first rodeo or even one of my first few hundred. Take it to the bank.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.