mfa

Affidavits

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Is Peru one of those?

The general ratings for fraud are low, medium, high and Lagos. Peru would be medium to high, but you have a spouse from there. What do you think?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The general ratings for fraud are low, medium, high and Lagos. Peru would be medium to high, but you have a spouse from there. What do you think?

LOL stop picking on Lagos now. It;s getting better. Stricter but better. :yes:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I know that my husband is not in this to do fraud. We both love each other and we are doing this to live together here in the USA and have a good life. So nothing to worry about. :)

ROC Timeline:

August 22, 2014: Sent I-751

August 25, 2014: NOA1 received

September 5, 2014: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

September 19, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

cpa2y0ku2k8x.png

Timeline

LOL stop picking on Lagos now. It;s getting better. Stricter but better. :yes:

A Consular IV Unit becoming more strict does not impact the number of fraud cases they see. The rating is based on how much fraud they see. The thing I see that is a little unfair about rating Lagos all by itself is that neighboring Ghana is just as bad.

Better how, do you think?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

A Consular IV Unit becoming more strict does not impact the number of fraud cases they see. The rating is based on how much fraud they see. The thing I see that is a little unfair about rating Lagos all by itself is that neighboring Ghana is just as bad.

Better how, do you think?

I guess I meant better as more approvals. However what I have been really noticing well at least in the VJ world. Those who have come onboard (VJ) during their journey the success rate has been almost 100%. And even those who were denied and come here they get approved.

And it seems like Lagos is doing a far better job digging deeper. I know people here scream unfair and they can't deny me. I so wish we as Petitioners could be at interview so we could see and hear first hand what was really said and done. Some of these denials and the reasons given I just don't ummm believe. I have been in the Lagos embassy all day last year I heard interviews. These CO's were bending over backwards trying to get people to comply go get the proper evidence wasn't any meaness nothing. One even said "I so want to get yo tgis Visa but why wob't you bring us the evidence we ask for in the letter we gave you last interview". NowI bet that person goes and tells his SO "They hate Nigerians, they denies because they don't think we love each other" .

I know I am working with alot of couples now who need help "reading the guides" and presenting their evidence.

Truth be told many americans are not doing their due diligence and "vetting" their SO's. I don't get it. Too many folk in vacation mode lala land. They have never seen the guy get up go to work, seen him in his home environment. Just chillin at the hotel for their week to 2 week visit. Then they wonder why all the issues and drama and "cultural differences" come up when they get to the US. Than the first thing people want to scream is scammer or fraud. When it was a plain and simple not a good match from the beginning.

I wonder if the embassies keep records or immigration keep record of timellines you know. And you know immigration could stop alot of fraud and scamming. Like 10 year greencard if married more than 2 years at interview. Too easy. No adjustment of status thats just wrong. Make them have to be together a few years and adjust something.

Even though I don't think this an issue for high fraud Nigeria or anywhere else high fraud. Eliminate adjusting from a tourist Visa. Heck naw.

My bad did I get all on my preach podium. :ot2: See what being on VJ all this time does to a person. LOL Thanks Pushbrk. You rock we've come along way from my first post yes. :lol:(F)

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I guess I meant better as more approvals. However what I have been really noticing well at least in the VJ world. Those who have come onboard (VJ) during their journey the success rate has been almost 100%. And even those who were denied and come here they get approved.

And it seems like Lagos is doing a far better job digging deeper. I know people here scream unfair and they can't deny me. I so wish we as Petitioners could be at interview so we could see and hear first hand what was really said and done. Some of these denials and the reasons given I just don't ummm believe. I have been in the Lagos embassy all day last year I heard interviews. These CO's were bending over backwards trying to get people to comply go get the proper evidence wasn't any meaness nothing. One even said "I so want to get yo tgis Visa but why wob't you bring us the evidence we ask for in the letter we gave you last interview". NowI bet that person goes and tells his SO "They hate Nigerians, they denies because they don't think we love each other" .

I know I am working with alot of couples now who need help "reading the guides" and presenting their evidence.

Truth be told many americans are not doing their due diligence and "vetting" their SO's. I don't get it. Too many folk in vacation mode lala land. They have never seen the guy get up go to work, seen him in his home environment. Just chillin at the hotel for their week to 2 week visit. Then they wonder why all the issues and drama and "cultural differences" come up when they get to the US. Than the first thing people want to scream is scammer or fraud. When it was a plain and simple not a good match from the beginning.

I wonder if the embassies keep records or immigration keep record of timellines you know. And you know immigration could stop alot of fraud and scamming. Like 10 year greencard if married more than 2 years at interview. Too easy. No adjustment of status thats just wrong. Make them have to be together a few years and adjust something.

Even though I don't think this an issue for high fraud Nigeria or anywhere else high fraud. Eliminate adjusting from a tourist Visa. Heck naw.

My bad did I get all on my preach podium. :ot2: See what being on VJ all this time does to a person. LOL Thanks Pushbrk. You rock we've come along way from my first post yes. :lol:(F)

More approvals may or may not mean the IV unit is doing their job better. Petitioners CAN be present for interviews in Lagos last time I checked.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

More approvals may or may not mean the IV unit is doing their job better. Petitioners CAN be present for interviews in Lagos last time I checked.

Nope we have to wait outside. Only allowed in if requested which I hear is very very rare. You would think they woud want to do stockes interviews in Lagos you know. That may help alot. And like I have read the scammers are stepping up their game so immigration has to also.

Big rumor going around that their will be a 21 day mandatory face time before you file or you will be denied. I posted about that quite the hot topic.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Eliminate adjusting from a tourist Visa.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And I am not saying that just because Nigerians hardly ever get tourist visas. But I swear if I read one more time "OMG I was visiting my BF/GF and we just got married can we AOS now". Come on that was a Ross and Rachel moment on "Friends" stop it.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Please tell me more about affidavits, and the use/necessity for CR-1 visa (married people).

Are their alleged necessity simply based on experience at individual embassy's...or am I missing something in packets 3 and 4 where it actually TELLS ME to get affidavits?

I've heard some people not use them and I've heard other say get "lots."

Somehow I just don't see every CR-1 citizen and beneficiary parading a group of people into notaries in order to obtain lots of affidavits when they have wedding certificates, invitations, photos, health insurance docs, bank docs, etc easily at hand.

My wife and I opted not to use any affidavits. In my opinion they seem a bit fake and rehearsed, also like someone else said who will submit a negative affidavit?

06/02/12 Married

USCIS

09/17/12 I-130 sent
09/21/12 NOA1 recieved via e-mail (CSC)

09/27/12 NOA1 hardcopy recieved
09/27/12 Case transferred to another office for processing (Jurisdiction)
10/03/12 Received notice of transfer. Transferred to NBC in Missouri
10/03/12 Checked USCIS.gov/Notice of transfer to another USCIS office for processing
12/19/12 NOA2!!!!!

01/07/2013 NVC recieves the case
01/24/2013 Got the Case and IIN #
01/24/2012 E-mailed DS-3032

01/24/2013 AOS bill invoiced
02/07/2013 DS-3032 e-mail accepted
04/15/2013 AOS and IV fees payed

05/15/2013 AOS and IV packages sent

05/29/2013 CASE COMPLETE

06/04/2013 Interview date set for July 30th 2013

07/27/2013 Medical completed

07/30/2013 Interview APPROVED!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

My wife and I opted not to use any affidavits. In my opinion they seem a bit fake and rehearsed, also like someone else said who will submit a negative affidavit?

Affidavits are on the list of optional evidence primarily for folks adjusting status while in the USA, under suspect circumstances, like just before they face deportation etc. You know, the "I'll marry you so you don't have to go home." marriages. If your circumstances look like you might be in one of those and you're short of evidence, you might have some close friends who observed your courtship and can say real meaningful things about what they observed. Visa cases seldom have relationships that have been closely observed over and extended period of time and when they do, they usually have far better evidence of that than an affidavits would provide.

Things like "Evolution of Relationship Letters" we often recommend here are not "affidavits" but they do serve a similar purpose for cases with red flags.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Affidavits are on the list of optional evidence primarily for folks adjusting status while in the USA, under suspect circumstances, like just before they face deportation etc. You know, the "I'll marry you so you don't have to go home." marriages. If your circumstances look like you might be in one of those and you're short of evidence, you might have some close friends who observed your courtship and can say real meaningful things about what they observed. Visa cases seldom have relationships that have been closely observed over and extended period of time and when they do, they usually have far better evidence of that than an affidavits would provide.

Things like "Evolution of Relationship Letters" we often recommend here are not "affidavits" but they do serve a similar purpose for cases with red flags.

I agree in some cases they could be useful, in my case if us living together for over a year in Serbia nevertheless, lease on an apt., a baby isn't enough, then an affidavit isn't gonna make them say: Oh well this has got to be a bonafide marriage because they have an affidavit :)

06/02/12 Married

USCIS

09/17/12 I-130 sent
09/21/12 NOA1 recieved via e-mail (CSC)

09/27/12 NOA1 hardcopy recieved
09/27/12 Case transferred to another office for processing (Jurisdiction)
10/03/12 Received notice of transfer. Transferred to NBC in Missouri
10/03/12 Checked USCIS.gov/Notice of transfer to another USCIS office for processing
12/19/12 NOA2!!!!!

01/07/2013 NVC recieves the case
01/24/2013 Got the Case and IIN #
01/24/2012 E-mailed DS-3032

01/24/2013 AOS bill invoiced
02/07/2013 DS-3032 e-mail accepted
04/15/2013 AOS and IV fees payed

05/15/2013 AOS and IV packages sent

05/29/2013 CASE COMPLETE

06/04/2013 Interview date set for July 30th 2013

07/27/2013 Medical completed

07/30/2013 Interview APPROVED!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I agree in some cases they could be useful, in my case if us living together for over a year in Serbia nevertheless, lease on an apt., a baby isn't enough, then an affidavit isn't gonna make them say: Oh well this has got to be a bonafide marriage because they have an affidavit :)

Exactly. On the other side, a couple who met on the internet and then married on the first or second visit after spending only two or three weeks or even a few days together are not likely to be helped by affidavits either because nobody has really observed their relationship. In those cases, evidence of time spent together is minimal, so while very important, the evidence of how and how frequently the couple communicated before and after the marriage took place becomes more important than anything else after time spent together.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.