148 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My comment was not to place blame nor was it to pinpoint Nigeria. Fact, your ex husband is Nigerian. Fact, You are remarried. Fact, you are still entertaining what takes place with your ex husband. Fact, you allow your friends to drop knowledge about him at your door so you can keep tabs. Fact, if you only wanted to clear your name you could have written immigration or gotten a lawyer to contact immigration. Fact, not everyone here is going to agree with your thoughts and as long as no one is violating VJ terms each is entitled to their thoughts and opinions and allowed to express them on YOUR VERSION OF THE FACTS.

Appreciate what you have and stop resenting the circumstances that brought you there.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My comment was not to place blame nor was it to pinpoint Nigeria. Fact, your ex husband is Nigerian. Fact, You are remarried. Fact, you are still entertaining what takes place with your ex husband. Fact, you allow your friends to drop knowledge about him at your door so you can keep tabs. Fact, if you only wanted to clear your name you could have written immigration or gotten a lawyer to contact immigration. Fact, not everyone here is going to agree with your thoughts and as long as no one is violating VJ terms each is entitled to their thoughts and opinions and allowed to express them on YOUR VERSION OF THE FACTS.

Appreciate what you have and stop resenting the circumstances that brought you there.

FACT: I dont think any of my replies was concerning anything you said. FACT: yes my husband is proudly Nigerian and?? FACT: I havent thought of, heard of, or tried to know anyting about my ex in over 3 years. FACT: friends drop what they want to drop at "my door" without asking for it yet, I do have the right to entertain what to do with the information. FACT: I didnt pose this question or expose my story for anyone to agree or not agree with my thoughts, i was asking if anyone knew if its possible at this point to fight the VAWA..now that I KNOW thats wat he did. FACT: I DID submit a letter to USCIS at the time I thought it was appropriate to do so and look how much THAT did! and like i stated early...YOU or nobody else here has the ability to revoke someone's GC so Im not here telling some VERSION of my story...Im stating (here it comes...) the FACTS !!

AND WHO THE FUDGE IS RESENTING ANYTHING. I CAN BE HAPPY WITH WHO IM WITH, HAPPY WITH MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING BUT IT DOESNT MEAN I WILL ALLOW SOMEONE TO ####### ON MY GOOD NAME. IT STILL DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT FOR HIM TO HAVE DONE WAT HE DID. WAT DOES MY WONDERFUL LIFE HAVE TO DO WITH THAT? YOU DONT EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE.

Edited by AYOsGirl

FACT: I dont think any of my replies was concerning anything you said. FACT: yes my husband is proudly Nigerian and?? FACT: I havent thought of, heard of, or tried to know anyting about my ex in over 3 years. FACT: friends drop what they want to drop at "my door" without asking for it yet, I do have the right to entertain what to do with the information. FACT: I didnt pose this question or expose my story for anyone to agree or not agree with my thoughts, i was asking if anyone knew if its possible at this point to fight the VAWA..now that I KNOW thats wat he did. FACT: I DID submit a letter to USCIS at the time I thought it was appropriate to do so and look how much THAT did! and like i stated early...YOU or nobody else here has the ability to revoke someone's GC so Im not here telling some VERSION of my story...Im stating (here it comes...) the FACTS !!

AND WHO THE FUDGE IS RESENTING ANYTHING. I CAN BE HAPPY WITH WHO IM WITH, HAPPY WITH MY LIFE AND EVERYTHING BUT IT DOESNT MEAN I WILL ALLOW SOMEONE TO ####### ON MY GOOD NAME. IT STILL DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT FOR HIM TO HAVE DONE WAT HE DID. WAT DOES MY WONDERFUL LIFE HAVE TO DO WITH THAT? YOU DONT EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE.

You guys need to stop the unnecessary back and forth.

Anyway, don't know if it was brought up but is there any means by which the accused can find out if a VAWA has been filed successfully against them?

On another note I doubt your ex husband has a greencard. Do you know if he has ever left the US and returned? And considering that he is professing his love for another American(?) so soon after knowing each other I would think he's trying to scam your friend out of a greencard, maybe even the little girls he's trying to entice.

Filed: Timeline

good.gif

I think VJ should have a section that is just read only. It seems certain posters just want to post and not hear what others have to say. Or at the minimum a private section where just the friends of the posters can provide group hugs to each other.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

good.gif

I think VJ should have a section that is just read only. It seems certain posters just want to post and not hear what others have to say. Or at the minimum a private section where just the friends of the posters can provide group hugs to each other.

REALLY? cuz tell me what ANY of what this comment said had to do with the question I asked about successfully fighting VAWA?? hmmm?? or is it that people like this/you and others, are so friggin dramatic that instead of answering someone's questions, you'd rather point fingers and find faults? For God SAke's do you think I need a feel good session from a bunch of strangers with VISA issues? give me a flippin break. Anyone who trolls these threads and start pointing fingers or going off topic, are really the ones desperate for some sort of attention or acceptance. Are you that desperate for 'platinum' status that you just contribute nonsense to people's posts just for the sake of increasing your number of posts? Check yourself please. And as for MS OLOMI...Ive chased you off my threads before so you and I BOTH know the last person I needed or wanted advice from IS YOU>

ok, let me clarify........when he first left (for the last time) and I saw that he was really gone for good...I cried on the shoulders of some friends, several of which were Nigerians themselves. They suggested that the only way this guy could attempt to stay WITHOUT having gone thru any AOS with me after our marriage and ALSO based on things they know about the 'doings' of some of their countryment..they told me he PROBABLY wsa going to try the VAWA escape. NOW, years later....I have found out CERTAINLY that that is what he did. I found out because he friended someone on facebook that he did not know knew me and after 2 days of talking to her and professing his undying love for her, she felt she could press everything out of him and she found out EVERYTHING! HE has a greencard, he accused me of kicking him out, putting him on the streets, etc. He told her that is GC is good for like 10 years, but that he can apply for citizenship in 3.

What if he was just lying to that friend of yours? It's possible....

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am cynical and treat everything I read with suspicion.

I think it is likely he both has a GC and more so from a VAWA perspective that it a done deal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

:pop: :pop:

Who needs to watch sopa operas when theres EOMFCOIB.

So we know the love of the OPs life whom she spent untold sums of money on has a small unit that can't get erect. He's also a pedophile, Womanizer, VAWA agitator, gossiper. I'm waiting for the next installment where he may also be accused of being a rapist, bank robber, kidnapper, toll avoider, drunk driver, or worse a Democrat.

I am cynical and treat everything I read with suspicion.

I think it is likely he both has a GC and more so from a VAWA perspective that it a done deal.

Absolutely. Especially when the other party is not on here to present an opposing viewpoint.

Who needs to watch sopa operas when theres EOMFCOIB.

So we know the love of the OPs life whom she spent untold sums of money on has a small unit that can't get erect. He's also a pedophile, Womanizer, VAWA agitator, gossiper. I'm waiting for the next installment where he may also be accused of being a rapist, bank robber, kidnapper, toll avoider, drunk driver, or worse a Democrat.

Absolutely. Especially when the other party is not on here to present an opposing viewpoint.

:ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot: :ot:

I really really really like your suggestion about the forum that would be deciated to posts that only wants group hugs and when it's okay to slander your ex.

Before the naysayers jump up- you can present your case in a question manner with out slander.

:ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2:

In every case there is a defense and a prosecutor, most people wants both on their side which leave the other party with no defense. B-)

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow......

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Didn't want to invoke the wrath of Charles.

too late.

as this thread seems to have run it's course, it's now closed.

do not restart this thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.