ALSA

I-130 August 2012 Filers

376 posts in this topic

Thanks :) Just noticed you got approved too on the same date :) Just to know, did you got to know directly by email/text or it was on USCIS website before/after?

Got the text first, but I was sitting at my computer so I checked my e-mail next and the website last, all in the space of a few minutes.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got just got an email saying my case has been APPROVED!!! :dance: I'M so happy!! all other Aug filers your approval is right around the corner. god is good!

sorry for the typo. I'm so excited

sorry for the typo. I'm so excited

Hooray! About time!!

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I got just got an email saying my case has been APPROVED!!! :dance: I'M so happy!! all other Aug filers your approval is right around the corner. god is good!

thats if you are with NBC, I am stuck with VSC, it sucks, they are still on June :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

thats if you are with NBC, I am stuck with VSC, it sucks, they are still on June :(

Same here...

IR-5 - for Mom
------------
08/27/2012 - Sent Application
08/28/2012 - NOA1 date
08/31/2012 - Received email from USCIS saying the package is accepted
09/11/2012 - Received a letter saying case transferred Lee's Summit, MO
02/15/2013 - Received an email saying case is approved
02/22/2013 - I-130 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC Journey
--------------
02/18/2013 - NVC received the case
03/11/2013 - NVC case # assigned
03/12/2013 - Petitioners' email corrected, Beneficiary's email added
03/13/2013 - DS3032 received
03/13/2013 - DS3032 email sent (was sent before the we received the DS3032)
03/13/2013 - AOS fee invoiced and Paid (shows In Progress)
03/14/2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
03/14/2013 - AOS package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/15/2013 - AOS package delivered to NVC on 03/15/2013 at 10:06:00
03/19/2013 - Re-sent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review on subject
03/21/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
03/22/2013 - IV fee invoiced and paid
03/25/2013 - IV fee shows PAID
03/25/2013 - IV package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/26/2013 - IV package delivered to NVC on 03/26/2013 at 10:04am
03/27/2013 - AOS accepted
04/08/2013 - IV checklist found out by phone - NVC lost our marriage certificate sad.png
04/09/2013 - IV checklist email received
04/16/2013 - IV Checklist response mailed - new Marriage Certificate

04/16/2013 - Case Complete (they found our first marriage certificate during supervisor review??)
04/17/2013 - NVC received IV Checklist response
04/23/2013 - Case Complete email from NVC

05/13/2013 - Medical

06/03/2013 - Interview

Thank you God!!!!

I just checked USCIS website as a routine, entered my receipt number and OMG cannot believe my eyes; my petition is approved on 6th of Feb. Goose bumps. Thank you Allah, so happy I am. :) The written decision will be emailed/snail mailed to my husband.

Congratulations ESS! Do you know if you were transferred from NBC to a local field office? Which USCIS field office has jurisdiction over your husband's address?

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

Congratulations ESS! Do you know if you were transferred from NBC to a local field office? Which USCIS field office has jurisdiction over your husband's address?

I am not confirm about that; all I know that my case was at Vermont Service Center :) but I guess it must be Queens, NY!

Edited by ess

Hi guys I received a letter as a confirmation for my service request it says : your case is actively being processed in front of an adjudicator. However the adjudicator requires additional time to review all relevant information. Once a decision is made you will be notified in writing.

Does anyone receive something like this please let me know what this means; how much longer I have to wait for a decision. The letter came from New York office does this means my case was already transferred from NBC to New York without even notifying me, or this is how they process confirmation letter for service request. please reply if anyone knows about this. thank u.

Hi guys I received a letter as a confirmation for my service request it says : your case is actively being processed in front of an adjudicator. However the adjudicator requires additional time to review all relevant information. Once a decision is made you will be notified in writing.

Does anyone receive something like this please let me know what this means; how much longer I have to wait for a decision. The letter came from New York office does this means my case was already transferred from NBC to New York without even notifying me, or this is how they process confirmation letter for service request. please reply if anyone knows about this. thank u.

I wouldn't panic. The people whose files were transferred for workload reasons typically weren't notified. At least you know your file is being looked at. Your name and home country might be the same as someone on the FBI list, in which case they need to take a closer look to make sure you are not them, or something you submitted is being cross-checked against other records, even records in Tunisia, which may take some time to get. Don't worry until you know there is actually something to worry about. Delay is not the same as denial.

LATEST STEPS:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are late august filers who got 3 out of 4 petitions approved on Feb 6. A rfe was sent for my daughter's case (my husband's stepdaughter). We are optimistic that it is something we can address. Now we are just waiting for the actual rfe letter to respond and have her case catch up to the other three. Overall we are grateful.

I wouldn't panic. The people whose files were transferred for workload reasons typically weren't notified. At least you know your file is being looked at. Your name and home country might be the same as someone on the FBI list, in which case they need to take a closer look to make sure you are not them, or something you submitted is being cross-checked against other records, even records in Tunisia, which may take some time to get. Don't worry until you know there is actually something to worry about. Delay is not the same as denial.

Never have a name check list problem the proof i had my citizenship in 4 months. not really worried just want to know how much longer once u receive something like this and if my case was really transferred to NY because was initially send to Vermont then transferred to NBC.

Never have a name check list problem the proof i had my citizenship in 4 months. not really worried just want to know how much longer once u receive something like this and if my case was really transferred to NY because was initially send to Vermont then transferred to NBC.

Well, look on the bright side. The letter I got said my file was being held for additional processing and I should wait 6 MONTHS. Two weeks later I was approved. The lesson I learned was that they don't even know what they're doing, so what can we expect to know?

LATEST STEPS:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

our case got transferred to NBC MO at Lee's Summit. We originally sent it to Vermont. Any idea what's a 'normal' processing time would be for us? We sent it in mid August. I'm about ready to curl up and cry :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.