trupnay5

2 year requirement question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just had a quick question regarding the 2 year requirement. Here's my situation...my fiance and I were going to send in our papers 2 months ago, but things came up, and so anyways, I will be sending it all in tomorrow. We're getting a bit close to the 2 year deadline because the last time we saw each other in person was September 3, 2010. He has a camera that actually prints the date stamp on the photo, but the last pic we took on it shows 08/24/2010. My passport stamp shows I returned September 9, 2010 since I left the province & stayed in Manila for 5 days before returning to the states. So my question is what will they count as our 2 year deadline? The date on the pic, the date on my passport stamp, or September 3 (which I stated is the last day we were together in person in the explanation of "how we met in the past 2 years")?? Should I keep that in my explanation or leave it out? Also, I know I can put a date on the pics like a timestamp or write it on the back...should I just do that instead (because we do have some pics taken on 9/3/10, just need to put the date on it)?....Thanks in advance for any responses....and I hope all of that made sense. Sorry that's actually more than just a quick question...more like a few question...lol...but thanks again! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That date is the actual date that you last saw each other! The actual date!

If I were you, I would write X and I last saw each other/ were with each other between date xx and date xx, I left Mantilla on date xx.

Date your pcitures, yes. Include your stamps and anything else to prove when you were there and YES in your letter include dates in your letter about meeting so you're not making more work for USCIS.

Send in your paperwork ASAP and you should be fine, I would try to not leave it much later.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In 2how me met", you could put something as simple as "xx traveled to see yy, arrived in town/city on xx/yy/2010 and departured again 9/7/2012". Your passport stamp will back you up, and is your primary proof of having met.

Adding a few(not 100) pictures to your petition is fine. Just hand write the dates below pictures(plus location and the names of people in the picture). You can print them out on normal paper, 4 on each so they fit right into the petition however that's up to you. For what it's worth, you can also just hand write something a la "camera date stamp not correct".

As long as you have met once(or more) within 2 years at the time of filing, you will be fine. HOwever, I'd calculate on the time USCIS receives the petition, not the time you send the petition.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

This will be good! I only sent 6 pictures and passport stamps, hotel receipts, valentines/xmas card copies. You dont really to state on the explanation when was the ladt time you met coz i didnt. I just wrote like my plan of being with him for the rest of my life.. Something like that

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This will be good! I only sent 6 pictures and passport stamps, hotel receipts, valentines/xmas card copies. You dont really to state on the explanation when was the ladt time you met coz i didnt. I just wrote like my plan of being with him for the rest of my life.. Something like that

Remember. Just because you didn't, it doesn't mean the other person shouldn't. These guys are at the very limit of the 2 year requirement, they need to add as much evidence of that encounter as possible.

All of your evidence paints the picture (passport stamps, photos, boarding passes, receipts etc.). USCIS needs to be convinced that you were in the same place with each other within 2 years of filing, and all that you provide should be able to do the convincing. Everything should be the actual dates. Nothing should be altered as this can be considered fraud. The explanation question on the I-129F adds further support to your claim. If you are out of that 2 year time frame at the time of filing, you will need to revisit each other.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

Remember. Just because you didn't, it doesn't mean the other person shouldn't. These guys are at the very limit of the 2 year requirement, they need to add as much evidence of that encounter as possible.

Thank you. well said.

Edited by keziah90210

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.