Kristy

Obama's deferred action.

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, does anyone know how Obama's deferred action program affects those of us who are going about the immigration process the right and legal, not to mention, expensive way? I'm applying for a K1 visa for my fiance, and it drives me NUTS that illegals are practically jumping the queue ahead of THOUSANDS of people that are going about the immigration process the legal way. So is this going to slow down our visa applications? I applied in May.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't know but man power will be diverted to take care of these applications. If they are not hiring new personnel, then our visas will be impacted.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Don't know but man power will be diverted to take care of these applications. If they are not hiring new personnel, then our visas will be impacted.
Dig this excerpt from a mainstream-media newspaper report:
No new workers have been hired to review the school records, sworn affidavits and other documentation each applicant is required to file. And no funds have been appropriated to pay added processing costs. Officials said the initial budget would be covered by the $465-per-application fee, and as more fees are collected, new staff will be hired.

An application for an undocumented farmworker to apply for legal amnesty under a program signed by President Reagan in 1986 cost the immigration agency $1,130 to process, two members of Congress wrote in an Aug. 7 letter to Janet Napolitano, secretary of Homeland Security.

In the past, not charging enough to review applications has "resulted in an enormous backlog of legal immigration benefits applications and very long processing wait times for legal immigrants and aspiring U.S. citizens," wrote Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) and Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa).

On Tuesday, Smith denounced the deferral program as a "magnet for fraud and abuse" designed to shore up Latino support for Obama. "There seems to be little if any mechanism in place for vetting fraudulent applications and documentation submitted by illegal immigrants," Smith said in a statement.

Applicants must mail completed forms and documentation to one of four immigration service centers: in Laguna Niguel; Dallas; Burlington, Vt.; or Lincoln, Neb.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immigrant-kids-20120815,0,2097285.story

Two of the four service centers are the CSC & the VSC.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

So, does anyone know how Obama's deferred action program affects those of us who are going about the immigration process the right and legal, not to mention, expensive way? I'm applying for a K1 visa for my fiance, and it drives me NUTS that illegals are practically jumping the queue ahead of THOUSANDS of people that are going about the immigration process the legal way. So is this going to slow down our visa applications? I applied in May.

It should not impact existing applications, for these will come in at the end of the queue.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline
Wow. I am really unhappy with this. I certainly wont be voting for him this time around.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you wouldn't have voted for him either way. ;)

Don't I remember the times when I went through this process. If one filed for a K-1 in May, one wouldn't start checking on status until about April/May the following year. Start to finish processing times for K1's of 1.5-2 years were the norm. Some took longer. That's where they came up with the K-3 which was shorter on the front end but you ended up years in the system anyways. And here you've got folks these days thinking they've got it rough because their petition isn't done in a couple of weeks. Spoiled brats.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you wouldn't have voted for him either way. ;)

Don't I remember the times when I went through this process. If one filed for a K-1 in May, one wouldn't start checking on status until about April/May the following year. Start to finish processing times for K1's of 1.5-2 years were the norm. Some took longer. That's where they came up with the K-3 which was shorter on the front end but you ended up years in the system anyways. And here you've got folks these days thinking they've got it rough because their petition isn't done in a couple of weeks. Spoiled brats.

:thumbs:

What an odd way to choose who to vote for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:thumbs:

What an odd way to choose who to vote for.

Other reasons include:

1. Continued the practice of indefinite detentions for alleged terrorists without review

2. Dropped threat to veto NDAA and signed it, encoding severe government power advances into law.

3. Announced a $60 billion sale of arms to the Saudi Arabian dictatorship, the largest arms deal in history

4. Granted a waiver allowing four countries to continue receiving US military aid even though they use child soldiers

5. Defended the use of warrantless wiretapping.

6. Tried to stop the Supreme Court from hearing a challenge of warrantless wiretapping

7. Allowed weapons to pass into the hands of Mexican drug cartels which were later linked to deaths of American border patrol agents.8.

8. Told the Air Force it was illegal for their families to read Wikileaks

9. Tried to block a court-ordered release of detainee abuse photos

10. Wants warrantless access to cell phone location data

I could go on...and on...and on...

Filed: Timeline
Other reasons include:

1. Continued the practice of indefinite detentions for alleged terrorists without review

2. Dropped threat to veto NDAA and signed it, encoding severe government power advances into law.

3. Announced a $60 billion sale of arms to the Saudi Arabian dictatorship, the largest arms deal in history

4. Granted a waiver allowing four countries to continue receiving US military aid even though they use child soldiers

5. Defended the use of warrantless wiretapping.

6. Tried to stop the Supreme Court from hearing a challenge of warrantless wiretapping

7. Allowed weapons to pass into the hands of Mexican drug cartels which were later linked to deaths of American border patrol agents.8.

8. Told the Air Force it was illegal for their families to read Wikileaks

9. Tried to block a court-ordered release of detainee abuse photos

10. Wants warrantless access to cell phone location data

I could go on...and on...and on...

Feels so good to be right. :dance:

Yup you were getting close.. Not Now.. You may get NOA2 After Christmas.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:lol:

The first known ATF "gunwalking" operation to Mexican drug cartels, named Operation Wide Receiver, began in early 2006 and ran into late 2007. Licensed dealer Mike Detty of Mad Dawg Global informed the ATF of a suspicious gun purchase that took place in February 2006 in Tucson, Arizona. In March he was hired as a confidential informant working with the ATF's Tucson office, part of their Phoenix, Arizona field division. With the use of surveillance equipment, ATF agents monitored additional sales by Detty to straw purchasers. With assurance from ATF "that Mexican officials would be conducting surveillance or interdictions when guns got to the other side of the border", Detty would sell a total of about 450 guns during the operation. These included AR-15s, semi-automatic AK-pattern rifles, and Colt .38s. The majority of the guns were eventually lost as they moved into Mexico.

Who was in office in 2006/2007? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Obama.