jimos

Further file review after AOS interview ? :S

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

hey hello whats up ?

nice to be here...had a quick question...

my wife and i went to the AOS I485 family based interview, they called me first for 10-15 minutes asked general questions that of course we knew, i went out and then she got in , 10-15 minutes and shes out with a letter that said : (not exactly word by word) that the case is held for further case review something like for 180 days.

so..everything went well, we had everything right and good..the feeling also was good when we got in and out...so what could it be ?

i need to wait 180 days ?

the interview was yesterday btw..

thanks for the responses !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where is your local office?

and did IO took your EAD and I-94??

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Timeline

Where is your local office?

and did IO took your EAD and I-94??

It's in Tampa, and they didnt took neither of them. the I94 is also expired btw..

p.s - when my wife and IO walked out to the lobby the lady said to my wife that we will get the documents in the mail ..and my wife said which one ? the green card ? and the IO said yes and smiled. but you never know..im still stressed , i need to see it in my hand..

Edited by jimos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They often say they need to further review your case before a decision. The approval usually doesn't take too long after the interview. Perhaps you will get the online notice this week even. Whether or not they took the I-94 and EAD is not really an indicator of anything. They did not take my husband's I-94 or EAD and he was approved on the spot. Good luck!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They often say they need to further review your case before a decision. The approval usually doesn't take too long after the interview. Perhaps you will get the online notice this week even. Whether or not they took the I-94 and EAD is not really an indicator of anything. They did not take my husband's I-94 or EAD and he was approved on the spot. Good luck!

i really hope so..this is what it said in the letter btw....

"your case is being held for file review and you will receive a decision within 180 days. you do not need to submit any additional information at this time."

Edited by jimos

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i really hope so..this is what it said in the letter btw....

"your case is being held for file review and you will receive a decision within 180 days. you do not need to submit any additional information at this time."

In order to get help, Please post the details like what you've submitted with application, interview experience, any red flags etc

Good luck :)

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Timeline

In order to get help, Please post the details like what you've submitted with application, interview experience, any red flags etc

Good luck :)

well me and my wife are married for a year and 2 months..

we love each other dearly,

we filed the i485 request at july 25.

got my biometrics at end of august.

got an RFE a week or two later , send it a day later back to them.

and 3-4 months later was transferd to CSC..(were from florida)..

i called a year later..july 2012 to say what happend ? i need to speed it up and they approved to expedite it since i told they lady the college needs my GC so i can go to school..

a week later got my approval mail about making it faster.

a week later was transferd to tampa ..

and a month later an AOS interview..

they separated us from the beginning, everything went fine, 10-15 minutes with easy questions and we were out...

red flags ?

mmm...no joint bank accounts, shes got my credit cards anyway on her...

and me serving in the israeli defence force and had weapon training ?

other then that we got the letter and thats it...

two days out of there and no update on uscis page :S

were really impatient :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

well me and my wife are married for a year and 2 months..

we love each other dearly,

we filed the i485 request at july 25.

got my biometrics at end of august.

got an RFE a week or two later , send it a day later back to them.

and 3-4 months later was transferd to CSC..(were from florida)..

i called a year later..july 2012 to say what happend ? i need to speed it up and they approved to expedite it since i told they lady the college needs my GC so i can go to school..

a week later got my approval mail about making it faster.

a week later was transferd to tampa ..

and a month later an AOS interview..

they separated us from the beginning, everything went fine, 10-15 minutes with easy questions and we were out...

red flags ?

mmm...no joint bank accounts, shes got my credit cards anyway on her...

and me serving in the israeli defence force and had weapon training ?

other then that we got the letter and thats it...

two days out of there and no update on uscis page :S

were really impatient :(

Any Bona fide marriage or living together evidences submitted?

Get Fit > Learn > Work Harder >> Earn your Happiness !

May GOD bless All !

2007 - Entered, Start work in USA on H1B

2010 - Met my now wife :-)

2012 - Got married -> I Do !

July, 2012 - Preparing AOS package

Timeline

Wow sure a whole bunch of it, my paralegal was happy and so did the IO, bills photos with parents friends from out of the country, everything and more..

Edited by jimos

Timeline

thanks for the comment, made me feel a little better :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline

I was interviewed in San Francisco after you and got the same thing.

Now it has been about 2 weeks and nothing.

Please let me know when you get approved

Thanks,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/393031-form-g-56-having-a-nervous-meltdown/page__st__30

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from main AOS forum to AOS Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.