Gary and Joybel

190+ Vermont Service Center

130 posts in this topic

NOA1 2/1/2012 - 195 days today. I did get notice of an RFE on day 180. Just got status change notice response review. Mixed feelings it's taken forever.. but at least something is happening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To all of the February filers: This opionion is mine and it is based on the limited information that we get from the approvals that are shown on the Visa Journey Site. Of course, on the USCIS side, they would rather lie to you, even when the truth sounds better. If you call USCIS they will tell you that they are working on January 16th files. The reason that they say this is because they do not to want to tell you the truth: because if they admit that they are working on late Feb. and March, and skipping over early to mid February files, then all of us in this time frame would be qualified for a "Service Request". I told USCIS that it has been over 6 months for me and that I am entitled to a Service Request, after 5 months. The info about the Expectations for service in 5 months or less is even stated on their own web site. And they tell me that nothing is wrong, and my files are not lost of misplaced because they are not working on February files yet. "If you have not received approval after another month you can call back and we willl check on it".

Look at the last 15 approvals for Vermont Service Center. Most of of NOA-1 dates that they have approved lately are later than February 15. If you could see what they (Vermont) was approving 1 to 2 weeks back-- it was mostly files from late January and files from Feb. 15 to March. Where in the world are the bulk of the files from Feb.1 to Feb. 17?

Today in this thread, "Dos" says they got the NOA2 today and their NOA1 was 2/3...maybe the VSC found our box of files under... i'll let everyone else finish that sentance...hopefully they found it, i dont care where

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, 191 days here. When I talked to the USCIS guy on the phone he didn't even try to pretend like they were working on a later date. Maybe that's because I told him I was on Visa Journey and could see all the approvals for end of February rolling in after mine! :whistle: So, what he did tell me was that they only get a certain number of Visas that they can give out at a time and when they run out some people get pushed to the side. Right, so I could not ascertain why that would mean they would skip ahead when they DID get more visas to hand out but he said it had something to do with legal reasons. He also told me that I should have my approval by the 20th of August and that if I did not then I should certainly call back for a service request after that date because it would be eligible then for a service request. So yeah, I'm pretty sure all that January stuff is a lie. :unsure: I mean how many dates have we heard from people calling today? Jan 16th, Jan 28th, Feb 2nd... Seems like everyone is getting a different answer because there is no straight answer.

Anyways, I've written my congressman and talked to the woman who handles the visas. By the way, if you talk to your senator or congressman you have to send them a privacy release form and a copy of your NOA1 approval before they will do anything and intercede on your behalf. At least that's the case in Virginia... might be good to know, cause if they said they did something and you didn't do those two things, well, maybe they didn't really do anything? I sent that stuff on Thursday though and still haven't heard a word, but it's only been 3 business days since she sent it so... yanno... What else? You guys saying you will send letters and such... good luck! I have only found one email address for VSC and it's for followups for your service request. Besides, I'm like 99% sure no amount of letter writing will get the ball rolling unless you have someone pretty powerful on your side! :blink: But hey, good luck to all of us! We're going to need it.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

174 days and counting here. Called the NCSC two weeks ago and was told the VSC had a huge backlog they were trying to get through. As of two weeks ago (07/31/2012) they were just processing applications that were received in mid-January, so hang in there we are almost there.

--------

Sent I-129F Application 2/18/2012

NOA1 Received from VSC 2/21/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

day 168 for us ~ 168 torturous and endless days! But I did see that a couple also assigned to VSC that have an NOA1 date only 5 days before ours was approved on Friday. That kind of gave me renewed hope that maybe something would happen, but after what I'm reading now, I'm not so sure again! There seems to be no order to how these petitions are approved ~ it's like they throw them up in the air and which ever one lands closest to their desk is the one they'll work on. Or not. I've given up trying to figure it out. :bonk:

Timeline

Today in this thread, "Dos" says they got the NOA2 today and their NOA1 was 2/3...maybe the VSC found our box of files under... i'll let everyone else finish that sentance...hopefully they found it, i dont care where

Under..... The Holy Grail? Amelia Earhart's plane? The Gettysburg Address? The Liberty Bell? Big foot?

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today is day 173 for those whose NOA1 is Feb 24. oh please let us experience the joy of our approvals

Terri

I'm with you on that...175 days here...NOA1 is Feb 21st. Been 7 months since I've seen my fiance so I booked a flight to Canada just this morning. Scared to death as I've never been on a plane in my life...but he's worth it. Am so excited!!!

Timeline

Day 188 here....The waiting is the most difficult thing I've had to do. OMG! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Edited by MissAAA

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 181 for me. My fiance called USCIS today, and he was put through to some line where he was able to leave a message for expediting, and he's supposed to hear back from them within 48-72 hours. I guess I'll know what the result of that is by the end of the week...

This is definitely the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thanks for posting this...I sure hope you are right...congrats on the NOA2

I got mine a little over a month ago from the VSC. (4 months total)

If after 7 months I did not hear from them, I would get a good lawyer.

remember, you gave them $420!

so if I was you I wouldn't worry so much, because the chances are you will get it soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yup. we waited 188 days. got approved two weeks ago :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone else out there at over 190 days waiting on the VSC? Just checking to see if I have company. I've contacted my congressman and USCIS with zero results. Has anyone been approved by the VSC latlely. Thanks

Hello, yep im getting close to that mark. I have contacted my congressman's office and they have said that my case hasnt even been assigned to anyone yet and my Noa1 is from the beginning of march. She also said that vsc is behind and they just havent updated their website, and wait times are 6-8 months for fiance visas..booo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.