jaypeila

Interview is upcoming but NO interview instructions from the embassy yet

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow VJers!

I just finished my medical exam last week at St. Luke's Extension Clinic and Thank God everything went well. They said they will just forward the results to the embassy. My interview is upcoming too and I just can't wait for August 30.

Here's my situation though, I haven't received the interview instructions from the embassy YET. I know that once NVC has sent our papers to the Consulate here in Manila, they will eventually send you the instructions in a week or so.

But up until now, I haven't received any letter from them. NVC told my fiance they sent our papers here in Manila last July 23. What's taking them long to send it?

I was just thinking - what if I haven't received the instructions until the 30th? What will happen? Will that be ok? What should I do? Should I call the embassy and ask about it? I have alreay sent them an email to inquire about it, but 7 working days have passed, not a word from them. :(

I hope someone could help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

Timeline

You got packet 4 before the medical right ?

After packet 4 all you get is interview date dont think there was more instructions.

I could be wrong though.

Hi there, JBH!

I don't know about the packet 4 but what my fiance last received was the letter from NVC saying that they have already sent our papers to the Consulate here in Manila. plus of course our case #. I know for sure though that they (US Embassy in Manila) should notify me that they got the approved petition from the US and the things I should do in preparation for the interview.

Thanks for the reply though. God Bless. :)

Hi there, JBH!

I don't know about the packet 4 but what my fiance last received was the letter from NVC saying that they have already sent our papers to the Consulate here in Manila. plus of course our case #. I know for sure though that they (US Embassy in Manila) should notify me that they got the approved petition from the US and the things I should do in preparation for the interview.

Thanks for the reply though. God Bless. :)

The instructions can be found at the US Embassy Manila website. The link is in my signature. From the link, you can download the PDF file of the instructions.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

The instructions can be found at the US Embassy Manila website. The link is in my signature. From the link, you can download the PDF file of the instructions.

My wife never got anything from the Embassy. She just followed the instructions on the website.

Edited by DaveE

Timeline

Thanks for the info. I guess I've read the interview instructions from the USEM website a 100 times. Call me eager beaver, but I wanted to know everything that I need to do ahead of time.

My only concern is that, aren't we supposed to be notified by USEM that they got our papers and that we can now proceed in scheduling an interview?

Thing is, I was only able to schedule an interview for myself and go ahead with my medical exam because of VisaJourney and the info i got from everyone here who's been generous enough to share their own personal experiences with their visa application.

I visited the USEM website again just now and it says there clearly that once they got the approved petition from NVC, they will notify the beneficiary. I wonder where's mine? Or if it will ever reach me before my interview on the 30th.

Thanks for the info. I guess I've read the interview instructions from the USEM website a 100 times. Call me eager beaver, but I wanted to know everything that I need to do ahead of time.

My only concern is that, aren't we supposed to be notified by USEM that they got our papers and that we can now proceed in scheduling an interview?

Thing is, I was only able to schedule an interview for myself and go ahead with my medical exam because of VisaJourney and the info i got from everyone here who's been generous enough to share their own personal experiences with their visa application.

I visited the USEM website again just now and it says there clearly that once they got the approved petition from NVC, they will notify the beneficiary. I wonder where's mine? Or if it will ever reach me before my interview on the 30th.

Theoretically, you are supposed to receive your appointment letter. However, some people in the Philippines seem to not have gotten theirs before their interview either. Did you get an email by chance? This would be sufficient for the interview.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

Theoretically, you are supposed to receive your appointment letter. However, some people in the Philippines seem to not have gotten theirs before their interview either. Did you get an email by chance? This would be sufficient for the interview.

Neither.

I was able to meet another girl last week at St. Luke's applying for a K1 visa as well, she said that she got a letter from USEM almost 2 mos. from the date of their NOA2. They got approved June 5 and the letter from USEM reached her July 29.

Ours was approved July6.. if it will take that long, I am thinking, maybe, just maybe mine will arrive around August 29.. Oh well, I probably should stop thinking about this. If you said that others failed to receive their letters even before their interview, then I should probably stop waiting for it and just look forward for my interview.

Thanks a lot for the response. I appreciate it. :)

Neither.

I was able to meet another girl last week at St. Luke's applying for a K1 visa as well, she said that she got a letter from USEM almost 2 mos. from the date of their NOA2. They got approved June 5 and the letter from USEM reached her July 29.

Ours was approved July6.. if it will take that long, I am thinking, maybe, just maybe mine will arrive around August 29.. Oh well, I probably should stop thinking about this. If you said that others failed to receive their letters even before their interview, then I should probably stop waiting for it and just look forward for my interview.

Thanks a lot for the response. I appreciate it. :)

You're welcome. Do you have the NVC letter or email? I think the biggest issue is having your MNL case number. Bringing a copy of NOA2 wouldn't hurt either. Also, you will be bringing proof of payment receipt too. Proof of payment and MNL number would probably do. If you have doubts though, just reach the embassy and explain the situation.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

You're welcome. Do you have the NVC letter or email? I think the biggest issue is having your MNL case number. Bringing a copy of NOA2 wouldn't hurt either. Also, you will be bringing proof of payment receipt too. Proof of payment and MNL number would probably do. If you have doubts though, just reach the embassy and explain the situation.

NOA2 and the letter from NVC are on its way here.. actually, everything. My fiance sent them all in. :)

Meanwhile, we got our MNL case# from NVC. Asked my fiance to call them and get it for me.

Guess, I'm good to go from here. If that letter comes before my interview, well and good. If it doesn't, I should stop stressing about it. Ha ha!

God bless you for your kindness.. :)

You should have received an email from the Manila Embassy as soon as you made your interview date. Print that email and take it to the interview with you along with the NVC letter and NOA1 and NOA2. As far as the instruction letter is concerned, you download it from the internet website as most here have directed you to do already.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Timeline

To everyone, I would just like to inform you that I already got an email about my inquiry regarding the letter from USEM. I thought of posting it here for those who would have the same situation as mine. Have a good day! :)

We received the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)-approved visa petition (I-129F) from the State Department’s National Visa Center (NVC) on August 3, 2012 and notified you in writing that you are eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview at the Embassy.

You need not wait for the hard copy of our interview notification letter and should visit this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930 to schedule a visa interview date. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time) except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S. should call (214) 571-1600 between 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Callers should have the applicant’s case number, passport number, and passport expiry date ready when requesting a visa appointment.

Please note that fiancé(e) (K1) applicants must pay the visa application fee of $240, before they can request a visa appointment via the online appointment website or the Embassy’s Visa Call Center. For K1 visa payment instructions, you may visit a link to our website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html.

You should follow all interview preparation instructions for K1 visa applicants located on the Embassy’s website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html. The instructions contained on the website will provide you the required documentation and procedures to follow prior to the interview date.

You should compile all the required documents and complete the medical examination before the interview date (when scheduled). Please note that the medical examination may take more than one day to complete.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

1000 Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.