girlfrmoz

Approval/Decision after 2nd RFE

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

It makes me happy to see all the approvals going through lately.

We got asked for additional information (aka 2nd RFE), they just wanted photos and my passport photo. My fiance has just sent it in so my question is, has anyone had any experiences of how long it takes USCIS to make a decision (NOA2) after a 2nd RFE. Are they fast?? I guess like everyone the waiting gets hard. I have just come back from visiting my man and I am hoping it will be a fast decision.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Hard to predict anything with CSC, but several others have recently reported quick approvals after returning their RFE's so good luck! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Thanks that makes me feel a little better.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hard to predict anything with CSC, but several others have recently reported quick approvals after returning their RFE's so good luck! :thumbs:

One would think only a couple of weeks but it varies greatly

YMMV

Timeline

When my fiance sent in the information for the 2nd RFE I think he forgot to put our names on the back of the photos of us together but they are dated. Should we send new copies with our names on the backs or see what happens? :unsure:

Timeline
When my fiance sent in the information for the 2nd RFE I think he forgot to put our names on the back of the photos of us together but they are dated. Should we send new copies with our names on the backs or see what happens? :unsure:

I think the right answer is just wait....

YMMV

Timeline

Yeah you are right! I am just having a melt down after seeing him for a week and then having to leave him again. Waiting is so so hard :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

Just a quick two questions about this thread:

We got asked for additional information (aka 2nd RFE), they just wanted photos and my passport photo

They wanted the passport photo of the beneficiary?? Is this another common RFE for information they don't tell you to include in the original submission (like the birth certificate of the beneficiary)?

If so, hypothetically, what if the beneficiary doesn't have a passport yet?

When my fiance sent in the information for the 2nd RFE I think he forgot to put our names on the back of the photos of us together but they are dated

Are the passport size photos supposed to be dated? The I-129F instructions says to include the name on the back, but is the date necessary? I do realize they are supposed to have been taken within 30 days, but should this be specified on the back? Anybody include only the Names OR Dates and had problems?

Thank you.

Timeline
Hello,

We got asked for additional information (aka 2nd RFE), they just wanted photos and my passport photo

They wanted the passport photo of the beneficiary?? Is this another common RFE for information they don't tell you to include in the original submission (like the birth certificate of the beneficiary)?

When my fiance sent in the information for the 2nd RFE I think he forgot to put our names on the back of the photos of us together but they are dated

Are the passport size photos supposed to be dated? The I-129F instructions says to include the name on the back, but is the date necessary? I do realize they are supposed to have been taken within 30 days, but should this be specified on the back? Anybody include only the Names OR Dates and had problems?

Thank you.

A "passport" style photo of both the petitioner and the beneficiary is absolutely required with the submission. A "passport" style photo and having a passport are two seperate items. If you are applying for a visa and your fiance(e) does not have a passport yet then you best be thinking about it. Dependant on the country a passport can take anywheres from a few weeks to many months to acquire.

The instructions say just write the name on the back. That is all I would do.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We only put our names on the back of the photos and had no problems. It doesnt state that the photos need to include the date..it does ask for the FULL names on the back of each photo of petitioner and beneficiary.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Full Name of petitioner on back of hisher photo.......... Full Name of beneficiary on his/her photograph. Not both names on the back of each photograph ..oops

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Hello,

Thank you.

I made a few common mistakes in submission and received no RFE's. One G-325A being the biggest boo boo. They only need one, but sending in all 4 pages for each party is the best way to do it... We got lucky there.

For my passport photo, it was done at a local drug store and dated on the back by them, I penciled in my name. Her passport photo was unusable, so she went to get a new one done, emailed it to me and I printed it at home, again writing her name on the back in pencil but not dated if I recall correctly. We got no RFE's on those. (I think the first passport photo she sent would have been unacceptable.)

As to adding the beneficiary birth certificate or passport copies, it seems to be a rare RFE and those here at the site who determine suggestions for the guides are debating adding them for inclusion in the guides for filing as well. We didn't. Again, no RFE's. I don't see how they would hurt if you have them consider including them.

It depends on the adjudicator I suppose, what they feel is important, their mood etc. I would recommend highly double checking your submission against the guides found on here. File, and hope for the best. Good luck!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

I was talking about photos of proof of meeting do they need names on the back? The other thing they asked for which I think they lost was the photocopy of my photo and info as it appears in my passport. I will be glad when it is all over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.