Detroitxx3

I-129F Expedite Request

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancé lives in Kabul, Afghanistan and I'm thinking about requesting an expedite on our I-129f because of the fear that something bad might happen to her. People around have found out that she's engaged to a USC who used to be in the military and I don't mean as a translator I was in the USAF and have been on a tour to Afghanistan..so I fear for her. Im scared that she might get kidnapped for ransom or worse...Would this be enough reason to qualify under "extreme emergent/emergency" since her life is in danger? I have copies of my discharge and everything else needed to prove I was in the US military before getting an honorable discharge. I am not trying to jump anyone in line or make an excuse to get approved faster then the hundreds of members who've been waiting months and longer for their NOA2..but she's only 18 and goes to school daily and lives in a crappy place so anything is possible. Any advice on wether requesting the expedite would help or not would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I'm new on here. Thanks!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can ask for expidite, but I doubt it will be approved.

Proving you were in the military is not what you need.

You need to prove that her life is in danger, and even then good luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancé lives in Kabul, Afghanistan and I'm thinking about requesting an expedite on our I-129f because of the fear that something bad might happen to her. People around have found out that she's engaged to a USC who used to be in the military and I don't mean as a translator I was in the USAF and have been on a tour to Afghanistan..so I fear for her. Im scared that she might get kidnapped for ransom or worse...Would this be enough reason to qualify under "extreme emergent/emergency" since her life is in danger? I have copies of my discharge and everything else needed to prove I was in the US military before getting an honorable discharge. I am not trying to jump anyone in line or make an excuse to get approved faster then the hundreds of members who've been waiting months and longer for their NOA2..but she's only 18 and goes to school daily and lives in a crappy place so anything is possible. Any advice on wether requesting the expedite would help or not would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I'm new on here. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Here is the link for the USCIS expedite criteria.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

You MUST PROVE that her life is immediate danger. Unfortunately "fear" that something might happen doesn't matter to the USCIS.

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

nope i think you'll get deny....few months ago i file for expedite with same reason..it was deny...to make things worst seems that they hold my case longer lol i tried 2x no luck...unless i guess my fiance body will be found floating somewhere probably they will consider it lol :blink::rofl:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

nope i think you'll get deny....few months ago i file for expedite with same reason..it was deny...to make things worst seems that they hold my case longer lol i tried 2x no luck...unless i guess my fiance body will be found floating somewhere probably they will consider it lol :blink::rofl:

Hi, takis. If you read the OP's other posts, their expedite request was approved. Perhaps the OP could share a list of the documentation provided to assist you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We also got an expedite request approved for the fear of my husband being killed. We had to fax proof and a letter explaining the situation.

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Timeline

Mine got approved in less then 24 hours. But Afghanistan is a lot more dangerous then other places and people there really hate the US and it's military.. My fiancé was threatened many times that she'd be kidnapped and I am not taking any chances..the bottom line is: USCIS does NOT want to be held responsible for her anyones God forbid kidnapping or worse, death. They just aren't going to take that chance, that's what the representative on the phone told me. I sent them all my paperwork, copies of my military service, certificates, discharge papers, old orders and a letter. It doesn't hurt to try...if anyone believes they have a legitimate reason they should go for it. What's the worst that can happen? Good luck to everyone! I'm just waiting on NVC to send her paperwork to Kabul so I can fly out and be there with her.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Glad you got the expedite. You had sufficient evidence!

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine got approved in less then 24 hours. But Afghanistan is a lot more dangerous then other places and people there really hate the US and it's military.. My fiancé was threatened many times that she'd be kidnapped and I am not taking any chances..the bottom line is: USCIS does NOT want to be held responsible for her anyones God forbid kidnapping or worse, death. They just aren't going to take that chance, that's what the representative on the phone told me. I sent them all my paperwork, copies of my military service, certificates, discharge papers, old orders and a letter. It doesn't hurt to try...if anyone believes they have a legitimate reason they should go for it. What's the worst that can happen? Good luck to everyone! I'm just waiting on NVC to send her paperwork to Kabul so I can fly out and be there with her.

First I want to say THANK YOU for your service! And a big Congratulations!! I was soo happy to see that you got it. Prayers that the rest of your journey goes quickly and smoothly.

May 2008: Met on the Carnival Paradise
2008-2012: 20 Cruises, 8 vacations, many wonderful moments
May 2012: Engaged!

K-1
May 17 2012: I-129F Sent
May 22 2012: NOA1
Aug 17 2012: NOA2
Aug 28 2012: Left NVC
Aug 29 2012: Vancouver Consolate Received
Sept 7 2012: Package 3 received
Sept 18 2012: Package 4 received
Nov 20 2012: Medical
Nov 26 2012: Interview - APPROVED!
Dec 01 2012: POE
Jan 12 2013: Wedding!
AOS
Jan 26 2013: AOS Sent
Jan 31 2013: NOA1 eMail
Mar 06 2013: Feb 13 2013 (walk-in) Biometrics Appt
Mar 28 2013: EAD/AP Approval
April 02 2013: Interview - APPROVED!
April 05 2013: EAD/AP Card received
April 10 2013: Greencard ARRIVED!!

ROC

Jan 12 2015: I-751 Sent

Jan 16 2015: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Jan 13th

Feb 19 2015: Biometrics

June 10 2015: APPROVED!

June 18 2015: Greencard Arrived!

Timeline

First I want to say THANK YOU for your service! And a big Congratulations!! I was soo happy to see that you got it. Prayers that the rest of your journey goes quickly and smoothly.

It was my honor. Thank you for your support, please keep our deployed service members in your prayers. Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey as well.

Glad you got the expedite. You had sufficient evidence!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.