11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Everyone ! We're off to the Detroit offices in September for daniels aos interview. We just got the letter today and most of the items are easy enough to bring.

1. Interview notice and Gov't issued photo identification (I take this to be his passport)

2. A completed medical examination(Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope unless already submitted (for the AOS packet we sent off, we put in his DS 3025 copy, is this alright to bring again? He got all his shots in the UK. Or do I have to bring something else?)

3. a completed Affidavit of Support I-864 with all evidence from sponsor, this is what I sent off for his AOS packet, I'm just making more copies and bring them in.

4. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status (say what? do I bring in all his approvals for the I-129F and his approval for his interview?)

5. Any immigration documentation issued to him, including EAD and AP (he didn't get either of these yet, so if he gets them beforehand, we'll bring them to the interview)

6. All travel documents used to enter the US (passport, and his I-94) which is still in his passport

7. His birth certificate

8. Petitioners birth certificate, and evident of US citizenship (is my drivers license okay to bring as well? or do they want something else?)

9. No children so this doesn't apply

10. If your eligibility is based on marriage, spouse has to come (of course), certified copy of marriage document, my birth certificate and evident of citizenship (same as above?)

11. support evidence of relationship, we have no joint assets or anything, the bank I use here in our city wouldn't allow me to add him to my account because he didn't have a SSN. We went to the SS office 3 times, and was told each time by different people that he couldn't get one because of changes after 9/11. He doesn't have a bank account then, and so he hasn't gotten a drivers license either because of this. I have photos of us after he's gotten here, a trip to chicago together, and cards sent to use for our wedding date. would that be enough?

12. Original and copy of each support document that you submitted with your application (I just have to find these on the computer)

13. He hasn't been arrested here, so he has his police report from the UK that we're bringing.

*sigh* was really hoping we could avoid an interview, but would you say I have pretty much everything alright? Or do I need a letter from my SS office and bank stating why he couldn't get a SSN (so they said) and therefore couldn't get a bank account??

K-1 Visa Timeline

9/8/2011 - Mailed off I-129F
9/13/2011 - NOA1
1/30/2012 - Approved!
2/14/2012 - Daniels Medical Appt
3/22/2012 - Interview Day - Approved!!! <3

AOS/EAD Timeline

06/07/2012 - Arrived via USPS
06/12/2012 - Received text for NOA
07/19/2012 - Biometrics
09/12/2012 - Interview Date
09/12/2012 - Approved for Green Card! See ya in 2 years !!!

I-751

08/21/2014 - Mailed

09/16/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone ! We're off to the Detroit offices in September for daniels aos interview. We just got the letter today and most of the items are easy enough to bring.

1. Interview notice and Gov't issued photo identification (I take this to be his passport)

2. A completed medical examination(Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope unless already submitted (for the AOS packet we sent off, we put in his DS 3025 copy, is this alright to bring again? He got all his shots in the UK. Or do I have to bring something else?)

3. a completed Affidavit of Support I-864 with all evidence from sponsor, this is what I sent off for his AOS packet, I'm just making more copies and bring them in.

4. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status (say what? do I bring in all his approvals for the I-129F and his approval for his interview?)

5. Any immigration documentation issued to him, including EAD and AP (he didn't get either of these yet, so if he gets them beforehand, we'll bring them to the interview)

6. All travel documents used to enter the US (passport, and his I-94) which is still in his passport

7. His birth certificate

8. Petitioners birth certificate, and evident of US citizenship (is my drivers license okay to bring as well? or do they want something else?)

9. No children so this doesn't apply

10. If your eligibility is based on marriage, spouse has to come (of course), certified copy of marriage document, my birth certificate and evident of citizenship (same as above?)

11. support evidence of relationship, we have no joint assets or anything, the bank I use here in our city wouldn't allow me to add him to my account because he didn't have a SSN. We went to the SS office 3 times, and was told each time by different people that he couldn't get one because of changes after 9/11. He doesn't have a bank account then, and so he hasn't gotten a drivers license either because of this. I have photos of us after he's gotten here, a trip to chicago together, and cards sent to use for our wedding date. would that be enough?

12. Original and copy of each support document that you submitted with your application (I just have to find these on the computer)

13. He hasn't been arrested here, so he has his police report from the UK that we're bringing.

*sigh* was really hoping we could avoid an interview, but would you say I have pretty much everything alright? Or do I need a letter from my SS office and bank stating why he couldn't get a SSN (so they said) and therefore couldn't get a bank account??

You're going to be fine! You just have to tell them you are not allowed to add him to your bank account since he doesn't have a Social Security!

Good luck and thanks for sharing the list of documents requested by them! :)

Day 1- Package sent to Chicago Lockbox 06/12/2012

Day 3- Package received 06/14/2012

Day 7- NOA's emails received 06/18/2012

Day 10- NOA's Hard copies received 06/21/2012

Day 18- Biometrics appointment notice received 06/29/2012

Day 32- Biometrics done! 07/13/2012

Day 59- Online update - they mailed me a notice - interview scheduled for September 13! Soooo happy! 08/09/2012

Day 94- Interview done - wait for NOA2 in the mail 09/13/2012

Day 95- I-130 Approved - NOA2 in the mail (online update) - I485 still on "interview notice" status (09/14/2012)

Day 98- Online update on the I-485 - they mailed me a welcome letter!! :) (09/17/2012)

Day 101- Online update - On September 20, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. (09/20/2012)

Day 102- online update - On September 21, 2012, we mailed your card to the address we have on file! SUPER HAPPY!!!!

Day 105- Received Green Card in the mail! (09/24/2012)

Don't worry about having an interview! You'll do great. Plus, if no interview, you might wait almost a year before approval. Be happy! Good luck!

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just bring a complete copy of what you sent in, and bring the originals of the important documents like birth certificates and certified marriage certificate. Explain about not getting the EAD before your interview, so he has no SSN and could not be added to your accounts. Bring in any mail that is addressed to both of you at the same address. That could help show you live together, since he doesn't have a drivers license or state ID yet, also due to lack of an SSN. Bring photos of your wedding and trip you took together. Bring other evidence of the trip you took together like tickets/itinerary in both your names. They understand you are newly married and won't have much evidence to show. Bring anything you can think of that shows you live together and your lives co-mingle.

It is good you got an interview. Those waiting at CSC to be approved without interview are waiting 8+ months lately.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

wow, I'm glad we didn't have to wait then ! just tryin to keep calm and get it all together. thanks everyone ! :D

K-1 Visa Timeline

9/13/2011 - NOA1
1/30/2012 - Approved!

AOS/EAD Timeline

07/19/2012 - Biometrics

I-751

08/21/2014 - Mailed

09/16/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow, I'm glad we didn't have to wait then ! just tryin to keep calm and get it all together. thanks everyone ! :D

Hi, how does your interview goes? I have similar situation as you... i will be having my interview this sept. 13 but i havent get my ead so i cant get a ssn... we dont havee any joint assets and liabilities as what the interview notice told us to bring, can u share your interview experience cos i am worried about this joint stuff that we need, does the IO understand that u guys dont have any banks statements?

Edited by Abby D.

06-15-2012 ~ Sent AOS Application

06-17-2012 ~ Application delivered.

06-27-2012 ~ Check cashed.

07-05-2012 ~ Biometrics Apptmt Recieved. (07-27-2012)

07-09-2012 ~ NOA1 Recieved.

07-27-2012 ~ Biometrics done!

08-08-2012 ~ Email interview (09-13-2012)

08-10-2012 ~ Recieved interview notice.

08-21-2012 ~ Email EAD & AP Card production ordered.

08-27-2012 ~ 2nd email EAD & AP Card production.

08-29-2012 ~ EAD in hand!!!

09-06-2012 ~ Apply for SSN

09-10-2012 ~ SSN in hand.

09-13-2012 ~ Interview. Approved!!! (Thank You Jesus!)

09-17-2012 ~ Welcome to US letter recieved.

09-18-2012 ~ GC Card production ordered.

09-19-2012 ~ GC Mailed!

09-21-2012 ~ 10 yrs GC in hand! (98 days from filing date to gc in hand.)

Hi !

I have a question since we should receive our interview notice soon.

We had to ask my husbands aunt to be our joint sponsor. I didn't make any copy of the whole files, does that matter? Assuming they have everything do we need to re do the whole affidavit of support AGAIN??? Because it took her a month or so to assemble the package. I never thought they'd ask for it again????

I only have copies of the rest of the AOS package. I'm slightly stressed out, because if we have to reask for the joint sponsors evidence it will take again a month...:(

AOS Sent: 2012-04-25

AP: Sent 2012-04-25

EAD:Sent 2012-04-25

NOA (email) : 2012-05-08

NOA (hard copy) 2012-05-14

RFE for 2011 Tax return: May 29th 2012

Biometrics appointment letter: June 7th 2012

RFE Response Review: June 21st 2012

Second RFE notification by email: June 25th 2012, need a joint sponsor, despite meeting poverty requirements, USCIS apparently doesnt know how to read figures...

Biometrics appointment: 2012-06-28

Second RFE Review: July 30th, 2012 Hopefully now things will move on!

EAD/AP Approved/Card Production August 13th 2012

Email for Interview scheduled September 19th, August 14th 2012

Hard Copy Interview notice: August 15th 2012

EAD/AP Combo Card in hand: August 20th 2012

Interview:approved on the spot, stamp in passport: September 19th 2012

GC in hand: September 29h

See you for ROC in two years!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was in the exact same boat as you guys. My husband didn't have ssn nor did we have a joint account. We had the interview last Friday and they didn't ask for anything just our documentation and pictures. Just explain your reason if your asked too. I'm sure you'll do fine good luck !

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I'll explain everything once we have our interview !!!! I'm getting everything sorted out right now for it though.

K-1 Visa Timeline

9/13/2011 - NOA1
1/30/2012 - Approved!

AOS/EAD Timeline

07/19/2012 - Biometrics

I-751

08/21/2014 - Mailed

09/16/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi !

I have a question since we should receive our interview notice soon.

We had to ask my husbands aunt to be our joint sponsor. I didn't make any copy of the whole files, does that matter? Assuming they have everything do we need to re do the whole affidavit of support AGAIN??? Because it took her a month or so to assemble the package. I never thought they'd ask for it again????

I only have copies of the rest of the AOS package. I'm slightly stressed out, because if we have to reask for the joint sponsors evidence it will take again a month...:(

In the interview letter, it asks to bring the affidavit of support and docs, unless already submitted. Do not worry, even if that would have still been good to have a copies of those docs again, just in case.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

hi my interview is this coming Tuesday. and just now i figured out that my original birth certificate is lost somewhere,but i still have a photocopy.

would it be okay to bring just the photocopy and scanned birth certificate from my country? (Phils.?) please help T_T

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.