Danno

Danno went to Chick-Fil-A

262 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343936994[/url]' post='5579019']

I personally don't remember choosing to be straight.

People who think it's a choice confuse me completely. Who would make that choice?

People who truly believe sexuality to be a choice are bisexuals. They can feel attraction for both sexes, and perhaps that is why those who believe sexuality is a choice tend to be homophobic. IMHO they suppress any attraction they feel for someone of the same sex. If they sorted themselves out they might see things differently.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Okay now address the question.

"Does a man "turn himself" into a pedophile at forty?"

I mean who would choose to be fixated on little boys, who chooses to be the scourge of society?

You have all the answers about sexuality, speak.

I don't claim to have all of the answers about sexuality, nor have I ever made any claims as such.

I believe I asked you a question first, which was: So a heterosexual male with a wife and kids can turn himself gay?

You take a shot at answering that, and we'll progress from there.

Edited by Teddy B

Sexuality is a spectrum. The choices are up to the individual as much as his/her environment will allow. There are more than enough behavioral and anthropological studies to establish that.

How does that explain the pastors gay son in the middle of the bible belt? Homosexuality is not tolerated there, yet it exists.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

That's not all that unusual at that age. They identify a lot more with their mothers. Was his dad around a lot?

No, he was raised by his mother and two sisters. I agree that at that age it isn't unusual. However, when most children start switching to gender appropriate activities and mannerisms he continued to stay with the girly stuff. For his 6th Halloween he dressed up as a girl complete with dress, wig and makeup. Most people didn't get his costume because they couldn't tell he was a boy.

Filed: Timeline

Anyone who thinks homosexuality is a choice needs to learn how to read objectively. There are many academic studies that provide incredibly strong evidence that homosexuality is not a choice. There are zero credible studies showing homosexuality to be a choice. Homosexuality exists throughout the animal kingdom, and humans are just one example. If you're arguing about nature versus choice in 2012, then you might as well be arguing against gravity.

So, choice is not involved in human behavior? I find that hard to believe. I would hope that your arrogant response toward those you disagree with could be avoided long enough to actually learn something about your own species.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I personally don't remember choosing to be straight.

People who think it's a choice confuse me completely. Who would make that choice?

I agree, I mean who would choose to even be a pedophile? Is there any part of your sexuality you cognitively decided on?

Do people choose to have a violent temper? Do people choose to like S&M?

Did I choose to like thin women preferable with dark hair?

No one suggests "people wake up one day and choose" yet people love to argue against it.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

The huh what is it you talking about?

You said that sexual orientation varies depending on how much ones environment will tolerate. If that is truly the case, then how do you explain thefact that homesuality exists in non tolerable environments as well?

As for the Kinsey Scale you linked, I had never heard of it until now and can't really comment either way on it without researching it further.

Edited by Teddy B

I agree, I mean who would choose to even be a pedophile? Is there any part of your sexuality you cognitively decided on?

No one suggests "people wake up one day and choose" yet people love to argue against it.

If it's not a choice, and something people simply ARE, then why are people so against it? Hating people for things beyond their control is ignorant, no matter how you put it. I happen to have brown hair. I didn't choose it, I was born that way, should people think negatively about me because of it? It's like hating people for trivial garbage like eye color or skin color.

Homophobia will never completely go away, just like racism hasn't. But there has to come a time where we realize, as a society, that we all have to look out for each other and stop hating each other for the most basic, insignificant reasons. Treat others the way you want them to treat you.

If you disagree with a lifestyle, that's perfectly within your right to do so. But don't actively hate or protest against a group of people who have done nothing to you, don't WANT to do anything to you, and just want to live their lives.

Edited by Evylin

Actually you did, earlier in this thread. Are you purposely attempting to argue both sides or have you "changed"? :lol:

Isn't that how it works?

If you claim you are an ex-gay you are told you must not have ever been "really gay".

If you are an ex-Christian you are told... "You never really believed".

Not sure why people don't just accept people can change.... even if you don't understand it.