jaypeila

Been refused tourist visa in 2009

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have a dilemma and I would like to ask for your opinion. My fiance and I have been approved of our NOA 2 and I am scheduled to have my interview in Manila embassy on Aug30.

Everything has been set and prepared, the only thing I'm thinking about now is that I have been refused a tourist visa in 2009 and at that time I only wanted to visit my boyfriend then, in the US.

Will that affect my application? I didn't disclose that I had a boyfriend then because it was not part of the form. I was only asked if I had a relative or a fiance living in the US. At that time, we weren't really engaged yet.

What should I tell the consul when he asks me about my refused visa application before?

I was refused under 221b.. lack of strong ties in the Philippines.

I hope someone could lighten my burden. Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why do you think it will come up?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have a dilemma and I would like to ask for your opinion. My fiance and I have been approved of our NOA 2 and I am scheduled to have my interview in Manila embassy on Aug30.

Everything has been set and prepared, the only thing I'm thinking about now is that I have been refused a tourist visa in 2009 and at that time I only wanted to visit my boyfriend then, in the US.

Will that affect my application? I didn't disclose that I had a boyfriend then because it was not part of the form. I was only asked if I had a relative or a fiance living in the US. At that time, we weren't really engaged yet.

What should I tell the consul when he asks me about my refused visa application before?

Just answer honestly on #31 of form DS-156. A denied tourist visa will not affect your K-1. My husband was denied a tourist visa 3 times in about a 10 year time span before applying for the K-1 visa. It did not make a difference for his K-1.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Don't worry po. My fiance also got denied for a tourist visa as well, it was only last year. The question never even came up during the interview, and she still passed it. So don't worry.

Timeline

Don't worry po. My fiance also got denied for a tourist visa as well, it was only last year. The question never even came up during the interview, and she still passed it. So don't worry.

Thank you for replying.. I am just worried that they might be suspicious about my "past."

Now I can breathe.. Thanks for the response. :)

Thank you for replying.. I am just worried that they might be suspicious about my "past."

Now I can breathe.. Thanks for the response. :)

Timeline

Just answer honestly on #31 of form DS-156. A denied tourist visa will not affect your K-1. My husband was denied a tourist visa 3 times in about a 10 year time span before applying for the K-1 visa. It did not make a difference for his K-1.

Thank you, I will do just that. :)

Again Thanks so much!

Timeline

Why do you think it will come up?

Let's just say I could get a little pessimistic sometimes, I know it's not good though.

But now I'm more confident that things will turn out okay, with the right documents, genuine relationship, enough preparation and prayers, of course.

I am pessimistic as well at times. I was worried about the tourist visa denial. But it turned out to be fine no headache at all. If they do ask then tell them the truth.

Hey,I'm paranoid about that as well. And my denial was way back in the late 90's!

Good to know others' experience. This forum has really been a great help to me.

I-129F Sent : 2012-03-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-07-12

Interview : 2012-09-05

Visa delivered: 2012-09-12

Arrived in US: 2012-10-18

Marriage: 2012-12-10

AOS

Sent: 12/17/12

NOA : 12/24/12

Biometrics: 1/15/12

AP Approved: 2/8/12

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, just answer honestly in the form. Don't worry the consul won't bring that up in the interview. It happened to me -- got approved !

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Timeline

Yes, just answer honestly in the form. Don't worry the consul won't bring that up in the interview. It happened to me -- got approved !

That's quite a relief! Thank you for that reassuring comment.. and Congratulations to you and your partner :))

Hey,I'm paranoid about that as well. And my denial was way back in the late 90's!

Good to know others' experience. This forum has really been a great help to me.

Paranoia is the right word. Well, good luck to you as well. :)

Timeline

I am pessimistic as well at times. I was worried about the tourist visa denial. But it turned out to be fine no headache at all. If they do ask then tell them the truth.

Thank you.. I feel a lot better now. Can't help but get paranoid, pessimistic and all these days as my interview gets nearer..

I hope to finish this whole process successfully! :)

Congrats to you and your partner... your ordeal's over.. God bless! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

As others said, should not be an issue, my boyfriend (now husband) applied for one sevral years ago to come and visit, with no intent of staying, we only started dating back then, denied...but no issues with K-1

Timeline

I had the same issue before. I applied for a tourist visa way back 2010. my biggest mistake was telling them im an going to my Boyfriend's sister wedding!(now my fiance) and they denied me hardcore twice!!! and now I am planning to tell them that because I got an RFE and they were asking for proof of our relationship 2 years ago! I wanna tell then u denied me nga 2 years ago that my BF is a USC now di naman kayo naniniwala! hahaha. oh life. :whistle:

03/27/2012- I-129F sent to USCIS

04/02/2012- NOA1 email

04/05/2012- NOA1 hard copy received

07/23/2012- finally some light! RFE via EMAIL

08/05/2012- Sent RFE reply from Philippines

08/09/2012- RFE Reply Response Review Notification Email

08/15/2012- NOA2 Approval via Email

08/22/2012- Hard copy of NOA2 received!

08/24/2012- MNL case number noted!

08/31/2012- Physical Exam at SLEC- Passed!

09/07/2012- Big Day! Interview-> APPROVED!

09/14/2012- CFO Seminar->done!

09/18/2012- Visa on Hand!, CFO Sticker DONE! YAY!!!!

10/04/2012- America Here I Come!!!

10/05/2012- Touchdown Chicago!

Timeline

I had the same issue before. I applied for a tourist visa way back 2010. my biggest mistake was telling them im an going to my Boyfriend's sister wedding!(now my fiance) and they denied me hardcore twice!!! and now I am planning to tell them that because I got an RFE and they were asking for proof of our relationship 2 years ago! I wanna tell then u denied me nga 2 years ago that my BF is a USC now di naman kayo naniniwala! hahaha. oh life. :whistle:

Haha! That was funny, though a little sad.. don't worry girl, you will get what you wish for in time.

Good luck! :)

As others said, should not be an issue, my boyfriend (now husband) applied for one sevral years ago to come and visit, with no intent of staying, we only started dating back then, denied...but no issues with K-1

Thanks for sharing your experience... Appreciate it a lot! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.