20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I received a RFE that seems to be asking for different versions of the same thing. Or not. First, it says "It must be established that the petitioner and beneficiary have met in person and/or have been in each other's physical presence at any time during the two years immediately preceding the filing of this petition."

Now that's pretty clear. I initially submitted airline tickets and hotel bills with a photo of us in the hotel. BUT...

The next paragraph says "Circumstances of Meeting - Submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship." ???? Does this mean that they want to know how we met? As opposed to when we met in person???

My fiancee is freaking out because we met online. Not through a marriage broker, just a site where you could post a profile. I told her that's not a big deal, as I supposed many people meet online these days. Anyway, anyone have any input on how I should respond to this?

THANKS

in the I-129f there is a section there that you have to state how you met in person like he/she went to your country to see you and you met each other for the first time in person at the airport.. its pretty much a little story of your first meeting in person and aside from that you need to send evidences such as pictures of you together, hotel receipts and boarding passes and stuffs.. hope that helped :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

So, they are not asking how we met? I mean, whether we were introduced by a mutual friend, or met online, etc.? This is all about the first meeting in person? This is what has me confused.

This is very simple. Just tell them the basics of how you met. If it was on line thats ok in todays world. Not the first time you met in person but how you met.

I met my husband online as well. When we filed our forms, we put a brief statement of how we met online (in our case it was within an online game, haha we're such nerds) and included a log of our online chats and whatnot to show our relationship. Basically just when we logged in and logged off on MSN. We also included details of our visits with one another within that statement. Don't be embarrassed about it, it's far more common now than ever.

Good luck! :)

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

when we submitted our petition what we wrote is how we met in person, you may refer to this link as you have similar question :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/333086-i-129f-describe-how-you-met-question-18/

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

So, they are not asking how we met? I mean, whether we were introduced by a mutual friend, or met online, etc.? This is all about the first meeting in person? This is what has me confused.

We also met online. If it's any help to you, at all, here's a copy of the description we attached with our I129. We did not receive any RFEs.

My fiance and I first met online in May 2009 playing “World of Warcraft”. We soon became an inseparable couple. Since that time, we have spent at least 2-3 hours together online each day (some days much more), chatting via Skype or Google Talk, playing games, etc.

In 2011, we decided we should meet in person (finally) and take our online relationship to the next level. Late that spring, we applied for a tourist visa for him to come here to visit me, but it was denied. So instead we decided we’d take a trip together, and we’d both always wanted to visit Ireland.

On December 21, 2011, we met up in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and flew together to Dublin, Ireland. We spent 15 days there together, touring the city and enjoying our first Christmas together. We visited the Guinness Storehouse (December 28), Dublinia (January 4), and many other sights, including taking a day tour of the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher on January 3. On January 4, he proposed to me in front of the massive organ inside Christchurch Cathedral, and I happily said yes. On January 6, we flew back to Amsterdam together, and said our goodbyes, then returned to our respective homes.

And dang I get choked up reading that! haha

12-May-09: Met
04-Jan-12: Engaged:)
13-Sep-12: K1 Visa approval
05-Oct-12: POE!

16-Nov-12: Married! <3

05-Mar-13: AOS approved

25-Jun-15: ROC approved

Up next - Naturalization!

Wow! I should have had you write mine, haha. Mine basically included similar structure as yours, but it wasn't nearly as romantic. I'm kind of jealous now! But yes, it doesn't have to be a novel, just a brief "hey we really did have a legitimate relationship" kind of thing. :)

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wrote a one page letter that explained how we met, when I first visited, time with the family, some of our other visits, why we decided to marry, how and where we got engaged etc. They say keep it to one page but I believe the more detailed the better. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We met online. That's what we told them. It was a simple paragraph of how we met, then we started talking, skyping etc.. Then after 6 months of that, we decided I would visit. Spent x amount of time there. Also, you should copy your passport pages (if you have not already done so) to show entry into that country. Boarding passes are also acceptable. Itineraries are not. Photos are secondary evidence as they could have been taken anytime. (i.e. more than 2 years ago) But they help corroborate the primary evidence. (a timestamped entry of passport coupled with photos and hotel receipts is good evidence.)

Good luck with your RFE

P.S. make sure to copy all of the pages of your passport. it is to show them you are not hiding anything.

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

I met my fiance online while I was there in her country. Actually I went there to see another girl but things between us did not work out. I was just sitting in my hotel one day and started searching the internet again and I saw her profile online and i emailed her, she came to the hotel and we spent the rest of my time there together. I have since been back to see her two more times. So yes you can meet someone online.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I believe the most important thing to include with your letter is a copy of your passport ID page along with entry stamps. E-tickets and hotel reservations in one name do not establish (for the government's purposes) actual travel to the country where you met, therefore the entry stamps are considered primary evidence that the other evidence you submit gets built around. The letter can be very short - how, when, and where you met including dates of travel, and the all important statement that your are both able to, and intend to marry within 90-days of your fiancee's arrival in the U.S.

steve of

Jamnan_n_Steve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I believe the most important thing to include with your letter is a copy of your passport ID page along with entry stamps. E-tickets and hotel reservations in one name do not establish (for the government's purposes) actual travel to the country where you met, therefore the entry stamps are considered primary evidence that the other evidence you submit gets built around. The letter can be very short - how, when, and where you met including dates of travel, and the all important statement that your are both able to, and intend to marry within 90-days of your fiancee's arrival in the U.S.

steve of

Jamnan_n_Steve

He is replying to a RFE. He is only concerned with the RFE at this point. Everything else is obviously good.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.